Monday, June 17, 2013

"Scrapping the Little Things" with My Creative Time

Hello everyone!  It's time for another "Scrapping the Little Things" with My Creative Time.  For those of you who may be new to this, it's when we create Smash Book, Project Life, or any other kind of scrapbook layouts.


And I have something super fun for you today.  I'm starting a new project that I plan to share with you as it develops.  It's an ABC Book!!!  The titles for each layout (the letters and first image) are SVG Files from PPbN Designs.  All of the stamping and other cut embellishments are from My Creative Time.  Also, I have recently become a bit of a Simple Stories addict...shhhhh!  LOL.  I'm just loving ALL of their paper collections.  And they have their own line of super cute Binders & Pocket Pages.  So that is what I will be using for my project. This is a 6 x 8 album.  Here we go:


Isn't it so cute?!?  I just LOVE it!!!  All of the super cute patterned papers are from the Simple Stories ~ I Heart Summer collection.  And all of the solid colored papers are from Recollections.


The Aa and the apple are SVG Files from PPbN Designs that I cut with my Cameo.  I put the capital "A" on pop dots for dimension.  And I added a little faux stitching to the lowercase "a" with a black ~ Zig Writer Pen.  I stamped the "is for" with the MCT ~ Just Simply Live stamp set.  The word "apple" is cut with the MCT ~ Lowercase Fun Dies.  The bow is made with Liz's Paper Loft Boutique ~ Hemp Twine.  In the center is a cute little brad from the embellishment pack that co-ordinates with this paper collection.  The word "anchor" is stamped with the MCT ~ Circle Font stamp set.  And they are stamped onto little circle pieces cut with the small stitched circle die from the MCT ~ Build A Banner Kit.  I used two different sizes of pop dots for dimension.  The anchor sticker is from the sticker add-ons that also co-ordinate with this paper collection.

Here are some closer shots:



Don't you just love the papers?  The colors are so vibrant!!


I just love these Simple Stories pocket pages!!!  There are a variety to choose from, so hopefully you will get to see them as we move forward.


The cute piece in the first pocket is a cut-out from this paper collection.  On it, I stamped a bunch of different "A" words with the MCT ~ Just Simply Live stamp set.  I also stamped the airplane and arrow, which are from the MCT ~ You Are Here stamp set.  The piece on the right is cut with the MCT ~ Stitched Journal Die. (fits PERFECTLY!!!)  The frame and label are cut with the dies in the MCT ~ Just Simply Live stamp set.  The arrow is cut with the MCT ~ Stitched Capture Frame & Arrow Dies.  Since I'm making this book for my husband's niece's new little baby, I am going to have one place for them to put a picture of her on each layout. This first one has the date of her birth in "A"pril.   ;)


The first piece here is cut with the MCT ~ Stitched Journal Die.  The super cute little ant is from the Silhouette Online Store that I cut with my Cameo.  The word "ant" is stamped with the MCT ~ Anyday BINGO & Crossword stamp set.  Love those eyes!!!  Don't you?!?  The BINGO card on the right is from a whole 12x12 sheet in the paper collection.  I just picked one that started with "A".  And the heart is cut with the middle heart die in the MCT ~ Stitched Heart Layering Dies.  I adhered it with a pop dot for dimension.


So what do you think of my first ABC layout?  I think it's so cute - I just can't stand it!!!  Well, that's it for me today.  Make sure you head on over to My Creative Time to see what the rest of the Design Team has created.  I will see you all again tomorrow.  Have a great day!   :)

8 comments :

Joan Smith said...

your LO's are soooo ca-ute!! WOW I so love the way you used Emma's dies as well as her stamps *well yours butcha knows what I means* (LOL)
You did a fantastic and fun creation today thanks ever so much for sharing

~ Jo ~ said...

WOW this is just beautiful!! I love Simple stories too! Love their papers.... what are you making this book for or who? I love it!

Hugs,
Jo

Kim H said...

Cassandra ~ WO ~ WOW ~ WOW!!! Super duper CUTE!!! I LOVE all the MCT products that you used and how you used them! This little one who is receiving this is going to LOVE it~ BUT I wouldn't let anyone even touch it ~ just sayin! LOL!

quilt4fun2 said...

What a cute idea. By the time you get to Z that will be some big book :D Cute Cameo cuts...the ant eyes are great. I love how MCT dies and stamps go together and can be used for more than cards! Great job!
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

Cindy@ Scrap-obsessed.blogspot.com said...

Oh my gosh Cassandra, your ABC layout is just adorable. Love that ant. Papers are great too.

Jeri said...

Oh my goodness, Miss Cassandra, I just love this idea. As grandma to several little ones I know they'd love something like this. I'm also a Simple Stories fan and have been planning a pocket page purchase. I might need to rethink my order to make several of these. Thanks for the fabulous inspiration.

jessica said...

This is awesome Cassandra!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE this adorable idea!!! Great papers and LOVE that ant! Such an over the top FAB project!!!
Thanks for sharing and have a GREAT day!!

Cindy said...

SO SUPER FUN Cassandra! I LOVE the great idea and all the FANTASTIC details my friend!!! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...