Thursday, June 27, 2013

My Creative Time ~ "Thoughtful Thursday"

Hello everyone!  It's time for another "Thoughtful Thursday" with My Creative Time.  This is one of my favorite segments!!  For those of you who may be new to this, it's when we make something for someone else. It could be Get Well, Congratulations, Cheer Up, Thinking of You, etc.

Today unfortunately I needed a With Sympathy:


These are always hard cards to make, so today I made this one really simple.  The white and the off-white cardstock are from Recollections.  The green and the yellow cardstock are from my scraps.


This piece is cut with the MCT ~ XL Label Die & the MCT ~ Stitched XL Label Die.  The sentiment is from the MCT ~ Floral Sentiments.  The ink is Rich Cocoa ~ Memento Ink.  I added a couple of Neat & Tangled ~ Sequins with tiny Recollections ~ Pearls in the centers.  I put the whole piece on pop dots for dimension.


The flowers are cut with the MCT ~ Stitched Daisy Die.  The leaves are cut with the MCT ~ Stitched Leaves Dies.  I did two layers of the flowers with pop dots in between for some pretty dimension.


I think it's a good idea to have a few of these on hand at all times, because when you need one...they seem a little harder too make.   :(   That's it for me today.  Make sure you head on over to My Creative Time to see what the rest of the Design Team has created.  Have a great day everyone.  I will see you all again tomorrow.

11 comments :

Nikki the *scrappinNavyWife* said...

This is really pretty! AND I spy sequins! :)

D- said...

Your card is terrific. Love it! TFS.
D~
http://designsbydragonfly.blogspot.com

jessica said...

What a beautiful card Cassandra! Love the stamps and dies you used. These are always so hard to make but you did an awesome job!
Thanks for sharing and have a GREAT day!

snappy scrappy said...

Beautiful!

Diana said...

love your card, the daisy die is my fav!! TFS!

Cathryn said...

This is beautiful Cassandra. I appreciated the card you sent me so much, I'm sure this will be too!

CA Scrapper said...

These cards are hard to make but you did a beautiful job with your card.

Leslie

Glora said...

This is BEAUTIFUL! And I totally agree I have such a hard time making these kinds of cards. I think that I need to make some up to have on hand as well. Huge HUGS! Glora

quilt4fun2 said...

Your card turned out so pretty. It is sure to bring some cheer and comfort. Beautiful.
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

Sherrie K. said...

Super cute Cassandra! I love the dies you used:)
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Christine Owens said...

It's always hard to make those kinds of cards....you did a great job. I love my daisy dies too. --C

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...