Tuesday, June 18, 2013

"Inspire Me Tuesday" with My Creative Time

Hello everyone!  And welcome to the very first "Inspire Me Tuesday" with My Creative Time.  For this fun new feature, we are going to make a project from something that inspires us.  It could be a color combo, a song, a tv commercial, a view from your window, anything at all.  

I just LOVE this idea.  I don't know about you, but I'm not one of those crafty people who magically thinks of beautiful creations. Most of my crafty inspiration comes from things around me in everyday life.  Just like my project for today ~ Father's Day cards...I needed two cards, one for my father and one for my father-in-law. And of course I didn't want them to be the same.  What do you do?


This is the first one that I made for my dad.  I came up with this design all by myself...pretty simple really.  The black card base is from Recollections.  The striped patterned paper is from the My Mind's Eye ~ Lost & Found Halloween collection.  And the kraft cardstock is from Paper Trey Ink.  


This piece is cut with the MCT ~ Stitched Journal Die.  I adhered that with some pop dots for dimension.  All of the fun stamped images are from the MCT ~ Here's Lookin' At You stamp/die set.


Both sentiments are from the MCT ~ Here's Lookin' At You stamp/die set.  And for a tiny bit of bling, I added three little Neat & Tangled ~ sequins.

Now for the second card, which is a tad different than the first one:


Same cardstock and patterned papers for the base.  The patterned papers for the hat & tie are from the Doodlebug Design ~ Snips & Snails collection.  For this one, I just switched up the dominant color and used the dies for the hat and tie instead of the stamps.  I also changed the sentiments too.


I heat embossed the eyes & mustaches with Versamark ~ Watermark Ink and white ~ Stampendous Embossing Powder.


Even though it's a masculine card, I still added a few Neat & Tangled ~ sequins.  In the center, I added little black gems from my stash.  All three sentiments are from the MCT ~ Here's Lookin' At You stamp/die set.

Now are you ready for the inspiration that sparked the way I changed up my second card???? Well, at the time I was in my craft room, I was watching a marathon of Vegas ~ Pawn Stars.  (Now don't laugh!!!  I can't watch anything serious, because I get too distracted!!  Besides, Rick, the owner, is a bit of a history buff, so I learn something new every time I watch).   ;)  

Anyway, if any of you watch that show, you might have already guessed by now what my inspiration was . . . it's "The Old Man"!!!!!!  We were supposed to share a picture of our inspiration with you, but I couldn't find a non-copyrighted one.  So if you want to see what he looks like, click on this link:


I'm totally serious!  He always wears all black and with a hat just like that too...you know, that old Vegas look. LOL!!  I wasn't going to share this with you, but it really was where I got the inspiration from.  So always remember . . . inspiration is around you everywhere.  When you're in a crafty slump, just take time to look around and something will catch your eye.   :)



Well my creative friends, that's it for me today.  Make sure you head on over to My Creative Time to see what the rest of the Design Team has created.  I will see you all again soon.  Happy crafting everyone!

14 comments :

My Creative Time said...

BOTH of your cards are TOO CUTE!!!!! Awesome job! ;)

~ Jo ~ said...

Lovely cards Cassandra! I think they are so cute!!

Hugs,
Jo

Joan Smith said...

WOOT WOOT your cards are awesome gosh you are so clever I love luv lub how you used your stamps and the paper you chose and the colors gosh so ~~ so clever and creative your guys had to so love them too!!!

jessica said...

These are awesome Cassandra!!! LOVE the CAS design and great stamps!!!!
Fun fun cards!
Thanks for sharing and have a GREAT day!

snappy scrappy said...

Both are fab, great man cards!

CherylB said...

I love this...it makes me giggle! Great looking cards...and what a fun inspiration. My mind would not have gone there, lol!

Creative M said...

Very Cute!
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia
♥ Crafting With Creative M ♥
♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

Maureen Reiss said...

These are awesome Fathers day cards!!

Cindy said...

AWESOME job with both cards Cassandra,Have a GREAT day my friend!!! :)

Shelly said...

Great cards Cassandra. The inspiration is fun - my hubs watches the show on occasion so I was familiar with it :)
Have a nice day!
Shelly

Anonymous said...

love both your cards. I watch that show all the time and love the old man

Sherrie K. said...

What a fabby card! Love the design:)
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Kim H said...

Cassandra ~ OMG! These Father's Day cards are FABULOUS!!! The papers with those stamps and dies are simply PERFECT! I have to say the second card TOTALLY and I mean TOTALLY looks like the "Old" man from that show! OMG! That is so CLEVER and CREATIVE of you!! WOW ~ you just blew my mind! AWESOME inspiration!

quilt4fun2 said...

What fun cards! Did you share with the Dad's where you got your idea? I bet they both loved their cards. Super job!
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...