Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Welcome Sweet Baby ~ Diaper Cake


Hello everyone!  Today is my day over at the Peachy Keen Stamps Blog and  I have a super fun project to share with you . . . it's a Diaper Cake!  


This is only the second time I have ever made one, but I just love how it turned out!  And I have to say . . . it was a big success!   ;)


The guest of honor is this cutie patootie little baby girl.  She is cut with the Baby Steps ~ Cricut Cartridge.  All of the papers are from Recollections. Her super sweet little face is from the PKS ~ Just Baby Faces Assortment.  I colored in her eyes and pacifier with Copic ~ Sketch Markers and a white ~ Sakura Gelly Roll pen.  And I added some little rosy cheeks with chalk.  For her little hat, I added some fun pink ~ rick rack and a little flower from my stash.


I added some little travel size baby products around the bottom and top layers.  For the middle layer, I used the MCT ~ Flower Petal Dies to make some super pretty flowers.  In the center of each one is a pretty little gem.  And if you look closely at the middle layer, you can see a couple of gift cards.  Woot! Woot!


Well my creative friends, that's it for me today.  I hope this inspires you to get creative for your next baby shower.  Have a great day!  I will see you all again tomorrow.  :)


10 comments :

snappy scrappy said...

Super cute!!! Lee-Ann :)

Christine Owens said...

Great job. Bet this was for Nancy's daughter...I know she just LOVED it. The baby's face is so cute. TFS --C

L.B. said...

Fantastic. I think these are such cute things and I love yours with peachy keen touches.

Melinda said...

Super cute Diaper Cake. Love your baby cut on top of the cake with her Peachy face and her super cute little hat... great detail. They're so much fun to make.TFS

Kim H said...

Cassandra ~ I can TOTALLY see this being a HUGE success!! Okay so many fun things on this and CUTE ideas! I LVOE that you tucked the gift cards in there too! ADORABLE creation! Have a wonderful evening!!

Tanya/Nonna said...

Totally amazing! I bet this was oooohhed and aaaahhhed over by everyone at the shower! I just love it and would never have the heart to take it apart - it's just too cute!

TheTulipCollector said...

Very cute! I love making diaper cakes and you did a marvelous job! I used those same faces for this weeks challenge! Enjoy your day!

Kristi said...

This is so cute, love the baby and the flowers. I have made two so far, but there will be more this summer.
Kristi

quilt4fun2 said...

Awesome job! What a great cake...no calories :D Mom will not want to take this apart to use it is so cute! What paper do you use for your skin tones?
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

Miki said...

not only is your diaper cake uber cute but it's packed with all the essentials a new mom could need!

Again, great job!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...