Thursday, February 7, 2013

MCT ~ "Designer's Challenge" : Nikki

Hello everyone!  It's time for the "Designer's Challenge" with My Creative Time.  The featured Designer for this challenge is the 'background queen' (as I call her) Miss Nikki!!!  ;)  The guidelines for this challenge:  Make a project including embossing - heat embossing, dry embossing, or both!


I made a simple sympathy card today.  All of the different shades of cardstock are from Recollections.  I embossed the background with the Fancy Frames ~ Cuttlebug Embossing Folder.  The beautiful flowers are made with the MCT ~ Flower Petal Dies.  I curled up the petals and added some pearls to the centers.


If you look closely, you can see that I added other little pearls throughout the embossed design.  The sentiment is a combination of two different sentiments in the MCT ~ Floral Sentiments stamp set.  And get this . . . I actually cut one of my stamps apart!!!  I know!  Totally crazy right?!  But Emma said she does it all the time, so I gave it a shot.  The "Thinking of you" is one sentiment.  And the "in your time of sorrow" is actually from the stamp that says "Wishing you comfort in your time of sorrow."  Now I can use the second half of the sentiment in more ways than one!!  (It took me about 10 minutes to get the guts up to cut it, but now that I did - I think I might just do that more often!!) The ink is coffee ~ Ranger Archival Ink.  I also inked the edges of the embossed piece with Chestnut Roan ~ ColorBox ink.


That's it for me today.  Make sure you head on over to My Creative Time to see what the rest of the Design Team has created.  And join in on the fun!!!  You will have two weeks to link up your entry.  I can't wait to see what you all make!! Happy Crafting!!!

14 comments :

L.B. said...

Your card turned out lovely. and I hear you on the cutting.the first time I did it I was so nervous but I am glad I did and this card looks great.

Cindy said...

BEAUTIFUL job with your card Cassandra!Have a great day my sweet friend!!!:)

Joan Smith said...

Oh my Cassandra your card is simply gorgeous I'm speechless the embossing and pearls are breathtaking then your sweet touch of the flowers and gosh your colors are divine. Girl you rocked this challenge.

Crafting Katie said...

Simply beautiful!!!

Christine Owens said...

This card is so nice. I love those flower dies...and Emma's currently out of stock...I can understand why. You do so many wonderful projects using them, your crafting stalker has to have some too LOL --C

snappy scrappy said...

So clean and simple...love it!! Lee-Ann :)

Brenda said...

simply beautiful!!

Gaylynn said...

Gorgeous and elegant design. The flowers are so pretty too.

quilt4fun2 said...

I like the somberness of your card yet very beautiful with the embossing, flowers and pearls! I have not had the guts to cut any stamps yet :S Great job!
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

Viv said...

This is absolutely stunning Cassandra! Your flowers are done so prettily and the sentiment works like a charm in the middle of the embossing. I love it!
Hugs Viv x

Lady Fair said...

Your card is simply elegant. I'm going to have to look for this CB folder, it's very lovely.

Craft Me This said...

Simply elegant and love the pearls. It's the little thing that make the difference.

Kim H said...

Cassandra ~ This is GORGEOUS! I LOVE the embossing folder, the pearls, those flowers and the flowers! What a BEAUTIFUL background paper too! AWESOME creation as always!!!

liz at liz's paper loft said...

your card is beautiful and elegant!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...