Wednesday, August 15, 2012

My Creative Time ~ Sneak Peek Day 3 : August Release

Hello everyone!  Haven't all the sneaks been fabulous so far??  I just love all the talent on this Design Team!  Well, it's time for the My Creative Time ~ Sneak Peek Week : Day 3. Today, we are all showcasing the new set called:  Just Simply Live. This is an AWESOME new set with a super fun Polaroid Die and a bunch of great sentiments AND an alphabet & number set!!!  

Are you ready for some good laughs???


I decided to change things up a little, so I made a 12x12 layout that I mounted in this frame to put on the wall in my craft room.  These are some pictures from my super fun 70's Birthday Party that I had a couple of years ago.  Hee Hee . . . aren't they hilarious?!?  I'm the one in the middle, my BFF is on the left and my sister is on the right.  The smaller pictures have our guys in them.  Doesn't everyone look great?!?!  It was so much fun!!

The tie dye looking background is this great glitter cardstock from Recollections.  It's super sparkly in real life, hopefully you can see it a little in the close up pictures below.  The fun silhouette and the "disco" are cut from the Groovy Times ~ Cricut Cartridge.  And the black cardstock is from Recollections.


What would the 70's be without flowers and happy faces?? Well, all of these fun flowers are cut with the My Creative Time ~ Flower Petal Dies.  The polka dot paper is my favorite Doodlebug Design ~ Petite Prints and the solid cardstock is Recollections.  I layered the flowers with pop dots in between and I also curled all of the petals to add some fun dimension. And in the center of each flower is an EK Success ~ Sticko - happy face sticker.  Aren't they cute??




They are just so much fun!  I love them!!!  Can you see the sparkly background?  It's so pretty.  The happy faces are also sparkly, but that was too hard to get a picture of...lol.


These great sentiments and the fun tag are from the brand new My Creative Time ~ Just Simply Live stamp set.  The ink is black ~ Ranger Archival Ink.  You are just going to love all the sentiments . . . they are super fun!


One of the BEST things about this stamp set is that it has a full alphabet and number set!!!  I know, right?!?!  How cool is that!! So in the upper right corner, I have the date of my "Big 4-0" birthday party.  :)


To make this "Happy Birthday!" sentiment, I used the alphabet stamps in this set.  Totally fabulous!  Now you can create any word or phrase you want!!!!!  AWESOME!!

Now, I also mentioned that this set has a Polaroid Die in it, so I wanted to show you that too.


This is my BFF and me without all of the 70's silliness. However, this is still a pretty silly picture.  We were at a CK Convention taking pictures of ourselves during our getaway weekend.  And this was taken right in the middle of a bunch of giggling.  It's one of our favorite pictures.  :)

But enough about me . . . how fabulous is the Polaroid Die??? Here is a closer shot:


Isn't it AWESOME??  It has Emma's signature stitching, which we all love.  And it has a beautiful decorative edge.  I have it turned on it's side for this card, but you could place it in any direction.  It's just so much fun!!  

All of the patterned paper and the cute little butterflies are from the Die Cuts With A View ~ Blossoms & Butterflies stack. The solid pink and the white card base are from Recollections. The pretty little bow is made with Offray ~ ribbon.  And I hand cut the butterflies and popped them up and curled their wings to give them a little personality.


Once again, here are the fun sentiments and the cute tags.  I'm telling ya, this set has the best sentiments in it . . . so much fun! The ink is black ~ Ranger Archival Ink.




Well, my creative friends, I hope these made you smile today. For me, this is what crafting is all about . . . preserving our memories.  And boy were these some good memories!!!  :)

***********************************
SNEAK PEEK GIVEAWAY TIME!
With all of our Sneak Peek Weeks, Emma likes to do some FUN giveaways!  ***All you have to do is leave comments on our blogs.  You do NOT have to comment on every blog, BUT if you do, you will just have more chances to win!  

***SPREAD THE WORD TO THE WORLD ON FACEBOOK about this release & whatever connections you may have.  Let us know on "My Creative Time's" FB page here that you did so.  OR just tag Emma in your post.  

Emma will randomly pick and announce all winners on Friday, August 17th during the blog hop release happening at 12:01 am PST in her video.  GOOD LUCK!  Log onto your facebook now and let's start spreading the word!   ;)
***********************************


Well, that's Day 3 of Sneak Peek Week.  We have 1 more day until the big reveal and the super fun Blog Hop.  Make sure you head on over to My Creative Time to see what the rest of the Design Team has created.  I will see you all again tomorrow.

59 comments :

VICTORIA said...

Awesome layout pages. I remember those days!!! LOL I had a pair of bell bottom jeans that the width was about 15 inches of course double that for all the way around. Can't imagine wearing something like that now at 60. Ha Ha!!!

melllisssa said...

Fabulous layouts and great pictures! I love all the flowers on the disco page -- Super cute with the faces. This new set has me so excited!! :)

Thanks so much for sharing!
misshoanggg (at) gmail.com

Monica said...

Ahhhhh I have to have this set as well!! Love your projects!!!
Toodles
Monica Flores
simplycricutting@gmail.com
www.monicascreativemadness.com

D- said...

Your layouts are groovy. TFS.
dmcardmaker (at AOL dot com)

Pamela said...

Awesome....I just love the disco theme....love the layouts and the card is darling!

jessica said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE your LO and card!! Awesome ways to use this adorable new stamp and die set! Your LO is groovy...LOL!! Great colors and cuts and awesome use of the dies!! And your card is simply gorgeous! The ideas are just spinning in my head after seeing all this creativity!
Thanks for sharing and Happy Hump Day!
Jessica
chick-n-scrap.blogspot.com

Kristi said...

Love your layouts! They are so full of life and fun! I love that flower die, been looking into getting it!
kidshomelove at yahoo dot com
foundtimeforme.blogspot.com

Lisa Davis said...

Groovy layout! Pictures and sentiments add that fun, sweet touch!

Brenda said...

this is so nice! I love all the details, colors and sentiments!! looks like it was a fun party!!

Diana said...

Terrific LO!! I love everything about it!

bdcampers@msn.com

Scrappin with the bug said...

How fun. Love how you showcased the different stamps/dies. Great ideas. Great job.

Zeni said...

What a super fun layout! Looks like you guys had an awesome time atis party and the sentiments were just perfect for it. Thanks for sharing!

Crafting Katie said...

These are perfect, Cassandra! You always have such a way with color! Love the Groovy Times layout - how perfect for your pics! And your friends one is so sweet!

Kate said...

Awesome LO. Love the Disco one so many elements that all go so well together. TFS

Carol said...

Fantastic layout! Love the colors and design! The small layout is beautiful - great way to showcase the polaroid die and new tag. Thank you for sharing.

Gaylynn said...

Wow, super groovy lo theme and the stamps and die go with it perfectly.

Glora said...

These are PERFECT!!!! I love that disco layout, you did everything perfectly on there and that glittery paper is WAY cool. And I LOVE the one of you and your best friend. Way to showcase this set. I LOVE it! Hugs- Glora

Janice said...

Awesome layouts! I love them both, they are so fun & the striking colors! I love the smiley faces in the flowers too, nice touch!

Felicia - Scrapper in the Making said...

Girlfriend You Knocked these Way Out of the Park! Drop-Jaw Ah-Mazing! You gots Skillz. Bravo! Smooches...

Cindy said...

How cute is that layout!! Way cute!! Love the sentiments and the way you've used them! So creative!

Cindy - 1mamacyn@gmail.com

Leanne said...

OMG Cassandra I LOVE your layout!! Those colors just pop and that paper is soooo cool!! Love the die cuts you used and all the flowers! It deserved to be framed that's for sure!! Hugs, Leanne

LindaV said...

Groovy baby! Love the LO and the pics! Super good job.

Anonymous said...

How stinking cute are these!!!!! You did and awesome job cassandra!!! Love them!!!

MzTea said...

Love the designs...you creations are so much fun!

Kim H said...

Cassandra ~ I can't find enough words to describe your layout or card!!! I am in AWE of the details you have on your layout! TOTALLY RAD! Oh this LO and party totallly is your personality ~ BRIGHT, HAPPY, FUN and CHEERFUL! I bet you ALL had a BLAST! Oh the picture of you and your BFF ~ I ADORE! You seriously just blew my mind! AWESOME job!!!!

Brenda said...

What a fun, fun layout! I adore this set and the sentiments in it. Your card is amazing as well and the sentiments are just perfect!

CRAZY4 CHRIST said...

Very cool layout!! Love all the flowers you created for it!! Love the other layout you created, Love the polaroid frame.
Kristan
sierrababy08 at hotmail dot com

Kim's Kreations said...

Love your layout. I actually remember Disco and the 70. I lived it. Great dies and stamps.
Ogdendoll @gmail.com

Creative M said...

Fabulous and Fun layouts!!Super Cool Photos!!AWESOME!!Love it!
Migdalia
Mrodriguez860@hotmail.com

Jessica said...

These are so much fun. Love all the sentiments you added. Thanks for sharing :)
Jessica
jrparlier@gmail.com
http://jessica-fortheloveofcrafting.blogspot.com/

CathyinMN said...

Such a fun LO! That banner die really works well for adding fun sentiments. TFS!

Sew Sweet N Crafty said...

Fantastic layout and pics. Thanks for the inspiration on the Polaroid die.

Sew Sweet N Crafty
SewSweetNCrafty.blogspot.com
SewSweetNCrafty@gmail.com

quilt4fun2 said...

The sneaks have been fabulous! What a fun Birthday Party and wonderful memories...what a great way to display them. The tie-dye paper is perfect and the colorful flowers are beautiful! The way you did the sentiments is great too. I love the bright papers on the Polaroid layout...the butterflies and bow are great with them. Great job!
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

Jovan said...

OMG...these are AWESOME! Your layout is so much FUN and the card is so pretty!

Gina Abrams said...

Sooooooo awesome!!!!!
Ginascreativrplace.blogspot.com
Babi96 at aol dot com

lindagk23 said...

Your layouts are so adorable! I love all the cute pictures too! :) You did a wonderful job! Thanks for sharing with us! lindagk23ataoldotcom

Crafty Moni said...

Fabulous Job Cassandra! I loved the sentiments and the papers you used, they went perfect with your layouts and made me simle which I feel thats what layouts should do:)Love it, Love it Love it!

Peace, Love, & Cricut Hugs!
Monica L.

monita23 at ca dot rr dot com

Gina said...

adorable!! Looks like that party was ALOOOT of fun!
GinasCreativePlace.blogspot.com
babi96 at aol dot com

Lady Fair said...

Way cool disco LO and sweet card of you and your bestie. You have mad talent!

lflin esatc omc as tdo tn e t

Lisa said...

Thanks for sharing the great layouts. Looks like an awesome party! :)

Jeri said...

Love how you stamped all the different sentiments on those labels. So trendy!

Alvina said...

Hi cassandra, I super love your layout the colors are awesome and It looks super fun!! Thanks for sharing

Deanne Gutierrez said...

Love you layouts but the first one is a HOOT!

katieo said...

I love the way you strung the sentiments together.

Sue said...

What awesome layouts. Love the colors. The Simply live set looks like a must have. Can't wait to get one.

Cindy said...

OMG GORGEOUS job with both projects Cassandra!I LOVE your layout,It is sooo Fun and colorful,AWESOME!!!and your card is BEATUFIL,GREAT Sneak Peek my friend!!!:)

Angela Crafty Spot said...

What a cute layout and birthday card!!!
Angela
http://angelascraftyspot.blogspot.com/

Caitlin said...

The layout is GROOVY! I love it, and that looks like a fun party indeed.

antdoda said...

This is a GROOVY layout!!!! It is so much fun and the card is great to!!!

UnikeByYes said...

Wonderful projects as always Cassandra!!! Love this polaroid die and the alphabet!!! TFS
Have a great day!
Liz

tina said...

Great layout. Totally 70s!

Sue D said...

Very fun projects and I like the new die.

AJ Scrapbooking and Cards said...

Lets Get Down Tonight! LOL I so love your disco layout. The papers you picked is perfect. And your the Polaroid Die is awesome. TFS AJ-

Gabriela Sandoval said...

Cute and fun layout.

Gabriela

gaby@hispaniclifestyle.com

Debbie said...

this font goes great with both LOs that you did, great way to show case them
upnurse at aol dot com

pruttybird said...

What a fun layout!

pruttybird at comcast dot net

marg0006 said...

Wow soooo groovy,LOL. The flowers are adorable with the super cute smiley faces and that great siloutte.

marg0006 at verizon dot net.

Jamie said...

the paper you used for your layout is perfect and i love both projects. thanks for sharing :)
-jamie
babyblueangel_30@yahoo.com

Denise Speigle said...

Great layouts! Love the ragged edges on the banners! Thanks for sharing

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...