Sunday, February 19, 2012

Peachy Keen Stamps ~ Challenge #5

Hello everyone!  It's time for the Peachy Challenge #5 ~ Just Cards Challenge : Friendship.  The guidelines for this challenge:  We want you card-makers out there to show us your SKILLZ!  This week, create a card using the theme provided: FRIENDSHIP.  Your card can include any stamps, but remember you can only earn "Top Peach" if you use your Peachy Stamps!

Here is my fun creation:


I recently bought the Peachy Keen Stamps ~ 4 inch Gingerbread Faces and I have been dying to use them.  So I made this super big and fun flower card - it's a 6x6 card.  The light purple cardstock for the flower face is from Recollections. All of the other patterned papers are from the Die Cuts With A View ~ Chateau Lavender paper stack.  


The flower is cut from the Flower Shoppe ~ Cricut cartridge. It's the #10 flower - all the way at the end.  I curled the edges of all the petals for some dimension.  I also inked the edges of all the petals and the flower face with Color Box ~ Chestnut Roan ink.  Once again, the face is from the Peachy Keen Stamps ~ 4 inch Gingerbread Faces.  I stamped it with Ranger ~ black Archival Ink.  (I just got this ink and I love it!!!)  I colored it in with Prismacolor ~ pencils.  And I added some cheeks with chalk.  I also put some pop dots underneath the face for a little extra dimension.


I used some green Celebrate It ~ Occasions Tulle to give the feeling of leaves.  I used the My Creative Time ~ Curly Label Die for the fun little label.  I also inked around the edges of this with Color Box ~ Chestnut Roan ink.  The fun sentiment is from the My Pink Stamper ~ Everyday Life stamp set.


Here is a little more of a side view to show all the dimension.  I just love the flowers on the Flower Shoppe ~ Cricut cartridge. And they all go PERFECTLY with Peachy Keen Stamps!!!


Well that's it for today my friends.  I made this card for a super sweet friend of mine.  I sure hope she likes it.  Head on over to the Peachy Keen Stamps Blog to see the other entries for the challenge.  I will see you all back here really soon.  Have a great day!!!

~ Cassandra

15 comments :

jessica said...

adorable Cassandra!! love the sweet PK face!

CarolynG said...

BEAUTIFUL flower!! LOVE the PK face! Fabulous job Cassandra!!

CarolynG
always_painting@yahoo.com

Glora said...

YAY, you got them! Aren't those big faces GORGEOUS!!! I just LOVE them! This flower is BEAUTIFUL! Terrific job! Hugs- Glora

Crafty Moni said...

Super cute! Love the colors and tulle:)

Peace, Love, & Cricut Hug's!
Monica L.

monita23@ca.rr.com

LindaV said...

This is so fun and happy. Another work of art.

LindaV
TulipCollector

tulips4u_90501@yahoo.com

Danielle Lee said...

What a fun card! It will make anyone feel so happy.

Kate said...

Adorable. Love the tulle.

Hugs,
Kate

joni said...

Really cute! Your friend will LOVE it!!! Cute PK faces!
hugs,
joni

GiGi said...

This is so cute and pretty! I totally LOVE the happy face and the BIG flower! So awesome!

Melissa said...

3-D flower power! Great job Cassandra-

Kim H said...

Cassandra ~ how CUTE it this! I LOVE the face and that flower! What an AWESOME touch with the tule too! I am TOTALLY convinced now that I need those big faces! FABULOUS job!

Houses Built of Cards said...

How ADORABLE!!! Gotta love that cute face!!! I'm SO glad you joined us this week at Peachy Keen!!!

housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

DoBea A. said...

I love that flower! Great card!!

Kristi said...

Such a cute card! Love that flower! Thanks for joining the Peachy Keen Challenge!

Jennie Garcia said...

So cute!! I love the BIG big flower face!! Great card!!
Thanks for Playing with us @ PKS!!
TFS!! Take Care!!
Jennie @ http://earthyscrap.blogspot.com/

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...