Wednesday, February 22, 2012

My Creative Time ~ "3-D Wednesday"

Hello everyone!  It's time for another "3-D Wednesday" with My Creative Time.  The goal is to challenge yourself by making anything besides a card or a layout.  

Here is my creation:


This little wedding favor is cut from the Tie The Knot ~ Cricut cartridge.  Isn't it so pretty?  But I promise . . . it was super simple to make.  The beautiful shimmery paper is from the Bazzill ~ Wedding collection.  I cut it out at 11.25 inches and when it's all assembled it measures just a little more than 4.5 inches tall.  I added some Celebrate It ~ Wedding tulle around the middle and little Recollections ~ pearls at the top, along with a Recollections ~ pearl flower in the center.  At the very bottom, I stamped the "For Your Wedding Shower" sentiment from the My Creative Time ~ More Gift Card Sentiments stamp set.  The ink is black Ranger ~ Archival Ink. And I used my heat gun to heat set the sentiment so that I wouldn't accidentally smudge it.


This didn't take very long to put together at all!!!  On the inside, you could add some fun little party mints for a bridal shower or even some nice chocolates for a wedding favor.  It's too small for a gift card if you wanted to give it as a present, but you could always fit some cold hard cash in there.   ;)   And if you're interested, there is a fun little tuxedo treat box on the cartridge too.

Well my creative friends, that's it for me today.  Make sure you head on over to My Creative Time to see what the rest of the Design Team has created.  I will see you all back here tomorrow.  Have a great day!

~ Cassandra

16 comments :

CRAZY4 CHRIST said...

this is so pretty, the bride and groom box would be really cute cake topers too cut out!! Humm... should i get this cartridge???
Kristan

Crafting Katie said...

Your box is GORGEOUS, Cassandra! Love all of your details! Thanks for explaining how you got a perfect stamp on that shiny paper!!!

Leanne said...

Eeekkkk I have this cartridge!! I've never cut it out before but you have me wanting to now hee hee! Love the details you added to glitz it up! Hugs, Leanne

Kim H said...

Cassandra ~ OH my what a BEAUTIFUL project! It is so elegant just like a bride is on her special day! I have shiny paper like that but would never have thought to heat set it! THANK YOU for the idea! FABULOUS job!

liz at liz's paper loft said...

it is just BEAUTIFUL!!! you're so brave to stamp on shimmery paper!

Jeanne said...

This is just gorgeous! I love that paper and I just have to get some of it. I love the added touch of the tulle and pearls. Perfect!

Cindy said...

This is cute,Cassandra! I love...love the paper! Looks pretty with the tulle!! :)

Cathryn said...

Very pretty and elegant Cassandra! Great favor. Hugs, Cathryn :)

Sandy from Ukiah said...

what a beautiful little box... i love it.

Glora said...

This is GORGEOUS, but you TOTALLY improved upon the original cut with the darling flower, pearls and tulle. You made it PERFECT!!!! Beautiful job! Hugs- Glora

quilt4fun2 said...

The satin paper is perfect for this little bride dress treat box. Love it!
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

This is just beautiful. Love this box! TFS

Amy C said...

What a beautiful gift box for the bride to be!! I love the little pearl accents and the shimmery cardstock you used. Simply FABULOUS!! ♥

Crafty Moni said...

SUper cute! The paper you used is gorgous, and I loved how you dressed up the cute little dress:)

Peace, Love, & Cricut Hug's!
Monica L.

joni said...

OMG is this ever pretty! I love the wedding paper...its just perfect!!! Love the lil pearl accents too...wow! TFS
hugs,
joni

scrapdiva said...

very pretty! love the pearls

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...