Wednesday, February 1, 2012

My Creative Time ~ "3-D Wednesday"

Hello everyone!  I have a surprise for you . . . Miss Emma asked me to fill in for her today over at My Creative Time and I couldn't be more excited!  I know I have some big shoes to fill - hopefully I can make her proud!  :)   Here is the post I did for her.  I sure hope everyone over there likes it . . .

Since it's "3-D Wednesday" and Valentine's Day is right around the corner, I thought I would make a fun Valentine treat.  Now I'm sure many of you with little one's are knee deep in making classroom Valentines for your kiddos to take to school.  So, instead of a classroom Valentine treat, I thought I would show you a fun little treat that you could actually make as a surprise for your own little ones at home.


This is a fun little door knob treat holder that I cut with the Art Philosophy ~ Cricut cartridge.  Isn't it so much fun?  The striped paper is from the SEI ~ With All My Heart paper pack.  


I used the My Creative Time ~ Fancy Frame Stamp & Die Set to create the little label.  The sentiment is from the My Creative Time ~ 100% Sweetness stamp set.  I used Technique Tuesday ~ red & black ink for the stamping. The sweet little hearts are cut with the heart die in the My Creative Time ~ 100% Sweetness stamp set.  The patterned paper for both of them are from Doodlebug Design ~ Petite Prints.  


The pretty bow is made with Celebrate It ~ Valentine ribbon. And of course what Valentine treat would be complete without some chocolate?  Wanna hear something funny, I "accidentally" ate the chocolate before taking the picture...LOL...so I had to stuff the wrapper with Kleenex.   Shhhhh . . . it will be our little secret.   ;)


Here is treat #2.  All of the patterned papers for this treat are from the K & Company ~ KP Valentine paper pack.  


For this fun flower like embellishment, I used the heart die in the My Creative Time ~ 100% Sweetness stamp set.  I cut four hearts for the base, outlining them with a white ~ Sakura Gelly Roll pen.  The scallop shape is cut with an EK Success ~ Paper Shapers punch.  The center of the flower is cut with the My Creative Time ~ Stitched Circle Die.  I outlined it with a white ~ Sakura Gelly Roll pen.  The sentiment is from the My Creative Time ~ 100% Sweetness stamp set.  I stamped it with Versamark ~ Watermark ink and then used white ~ Stampendous Embossing Powder.


Instead of chocolate, this time I added a baggie filled with sweet little candy hearts.  Yummy! And I tied it off with a bow made from Celebrate It ~ Sheer Creations ribbon.  

Here are some side views:


So what do you all think?  Did I do a good job filling in for our wonderful Miss Emma?  I hope you enjoyed my little 3-D Valentine treats.  Have a great a day!  I will see you all again really soon.   :)  


~ Cassandra

9 comments :

Georgiana said...

Great idea. My daughter sure would like this special treat hanging on her door when she woke up. Nice surprise. : )

I am a new follower. Hope you will stop by when you get a chance.

Georgiana
Carson's Creations

Glora said...

You did an AMAZING job!!!!! I just love the flower you created using the heart die and stitched circle die! You are too creative. I absolutely LOVE both of these. Oh yes, and you totally crack me up... I ate the chocolate by mistake ;). So cute, I would have never guessed that you had stuffed the wrapper with kleenex - LOL! I love these! Hugs- Glora

quilt4fun2 said...

I love to see what clever ideas you come up with...Thanks for the inspiration! Making the flower was super! It would have been hard for me not to eat the heart too. I have a bag of York Peppermint Hearts that I have slowly been eating...might have to buy another bag for the treat boxes :D
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

Sandy from Ukiah said...

Very clever, I am sure miss Emma is very proud...

JennyKozar said...

These are adorable!!! Thanks for the great idea.

Micia said...

I love these holders but I dont know how I would make it for 2 kids on one door knob lol( they share a room ).. AND i LOVE the flower out of the heart die!! super creative my friend :)

Micia

Kim H said...

I think you did an AMAZING job! I got so many great ideas from these ~ Thank You! I am still in awe with that flower and the sakura pen stitching! Great job!

L.B. said...

So sweet. Great ideas for my weekend Valentine making!

Christine said...

Love the door knob treats. Great idea. Good job on filling in for Emma, you did wonderfully!
--C

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...