Monday, February 27, 2012

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Hello everyone!  Over this past weekend, Peachy Keen Stamps unveiled their new March product release...soooo cute!   And over at the Peachy Keen Connection they had a couple of challenges.  The first challenge was super simple: make a card or project using at least 2 different patterned papers.

Here was my entry:


Can you say CA-UUUUUTE?!?!  To make these super cute balloons, I used the smaller egg die in the My Creative Time ~ Hello Spring stamp set.  I got the inspiration from my fellow MCT ~ Design Team Member - Miss Veronica.  To see her original creation ~ click HERE.  I just added a little triangle at the bottom of each balloon to make it look like a balloon and not an upside down egg.  LOL  Aren't they cute?!?!  The white scalloped background piece is cut with the Elegant Edges ~ Cricut cartridge.


All of the different pink patterned papers are from my all time favorite Doodlebug Design ~ Petite Prints.  This is a good chance to see them up close.  One of the papers has polka dots on one side and the squares or grid looking paper on the other side.  The other paper in the collection has the flowers on one side and stripes on the other side.  Like I said....my all time favorite!!!  And of course in comes in all the different colors of the rainbow!!!  :)

The super cute faces are from Peachy Keen Stamps.  The face at the top is from the Peachy Keen Stamps ~ Faceless Gingerbread Dolls stamp set.  The face at the bottom is from the Peachy Keen Stamps ~ Cornies Face Assortment.  I used a white ~ Sakura Gelly Roll pen to color in the eyes.  I also added chalk for cheeks.  And on the balloon at the top, I also used a red ~ Zig Writer pen for the nose and a bright blue ~ Zig Writer Pen for the eye shadow (it's hard to see in this picture, but think 70's blue!)


The sentiment in the upper left corner is from the My Creative Time ~ Wow! So Many Candles stamp set.  The ink is black ~ Ranger Archival Ink.  If you look closely, you can also see that I did some embossing with the Polka Dots ~ Cuttlebug folder.  


The sentiment in the bottom right corner is also from the My Creative Time ~ Wow! So Many Candles stamp set.  The balloon strings are The Twinery ~ Pink Sorbet twine.  The pretty little bow is made from Celebrate It ~ Sheer Creations ribbon.


Well, that's it for me today.  Super cute and fairly simple.  I will see you all tomorrow.  And I will show you my second challenge entry on another day so stay tuned.  :)

5 comments :

Glora said...

This is GORGEOUS. I love the balloons, the twine, the bow, the embossing, EVERYTHING! So cute!!!! Hugs- Glora

LindaV said...

So many elements. I love the patterns, the faces and all the pink! Very cute.

Cindy said...

Awww,this is so cute,Cassandra! I love the ballons and cute faces! Perfect! :)
Hugs,
Cindy

Jovan said...

This card is so super cute!

L.B. said...

How can you not love that teeth filled face?? Great card

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...