Friday, October 7, 2011

Thinking of You

Hello everyone!  Ok, just like yesterday's "Thank You" card, I think you can never have enough "Thinking of You" cards on hand too - especially when you just want to send someone  a little love.

I made this card for a new Cricut Circle friend I just met in Las Vegas.  I learned that earlier this year she lost her husband.  And I could tell the pain of that loss was still very difficult to manage.  So even though I don't know her very well, I wanted to send her some support and Cricut Circle hugs to let her know that someone cares and is thinking of her.  I hope she likes this:


The card base and the flourish are made with kraft cardstock from Joanns.  The white scalloped background is cut from the Elegant Edges ~ Cricut cartridge.  The flourish is cut from the Cake Basics ~ Cricut cartridge.  All of the cute little colorful butterflies are hand cut from a patterned piece of paper in the Die Cuts With A View ~ Blossoms and Butterflies paper stack. I bent up their wings to give them dimension.  I added tiny little gems to their center bodies with my Imaginisce ~ I-Rock tool for a little extra sparkle.  I did a little penwork with a pink ~ Zig Writer pen to show their flight path.  The sentiment is from the My Creative Time ~ Many Greetings stamp set.  And for the ink, I used Memento ~ Rose Bud.

It sure makes me smile to look at it...I hope she enjoys it just as much.  Well, that's it for today.  This weekend I plan to work on a bunch of different cards for more challenge entries.  See you back here soon :)

~Cassandra

3 comments :

Glora said...

Cassandra, this is perfect! I love all those darling butterflies and their doodling is perfect too! Hugs- Glora

Jovan said...

This is so BEAUTIFUL!

Scrappin with the bug said...

So pretty I love the classy look of it. Very nice job. Might need to scraplift it.. Teehee. Great job.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...