Thursday, October 13, 2011

Simply Crafts Challenge

Hello everyone!  Today I have another challenge entry, but it's for a brand new challenge blog I found.  It's the Simply Crafts ~ October 2011 Challenge.  The guidelines for this challenge:  Using the Paper Doll Dress Up cartridge, make a project using the following cut found on page 49 of the Cricut cartridge handbook:


Here is my entry:


The black, white and orange cardstock are from Recollections.  The patterned cardstock is from the Doodlebug Design ~ Petite Prints paper line (note that for my little monster couple - instead of the polka dot or flower side of the paper that I usually use, I turned it over to use the other side that is either stripes or grid paper)...I'm telling ya...you gotta get some of this paper....it's my absolute favorite!!! 

The white background is cut with the Elegant Edges ~ Cricut cartridge.  The monsters are from the Paper Doll Dress Up ~ Cricut cartridge as directed in the challenge guidelines.  *Note that I used the Gypsy ~ Hide Contour feature to remove their faces.  Instead, I stamped their cute little face with the Peachy Keens Stamps ~ Monster Mash Face Assortment (for her) and the Make A Monster Face Assortment (for him).  For the Mrs. Monster, I added some cute little cheeks with chalk and some groovy eye shadow with a blue ~ Zig Writer pen.  I used a white ~ Sakura Gelly Roll pen for the whites of their eyes and a black ~ Zig Writer pen for a little outlining. 

The spiders and the sentiment at the top are from the My Creative Time ~ All Around Halloween stamp set.  I used a gray ~ Prismacolor pencil to lightly shade the spiders.  The bow on the bottom is from Celebrate It ~ Sheer Creations.  The center shape is cut with a die in the My Creative Time ~ Build A Banner Kit.  And the "Oct. 31st" sentiment is from the My Creative Time ~ Mixed Holiday Sentiments stamp set.  All the ink is Memento ~ Tuxedo Black.

I just love how this card turned out.  If you haven't seen the new Simply Crafts Challenge Blog, go check them out...I think there is still time to enter.  Glora is a sweetheart and I think Pam is her scrapping bestie.  Should be lots of fun :)

Well, I think that's it for the week.  Phew...I'm tired!  Hope you liked all my challenge entries.  They were so much fun to make.  And if you haven't tried one yet, pick a challenge..they are so much fun and really get your creative juices flowing.  Happy crafting my friends!  See you soon...

~Cassandra

7 comments :

Glora said...

Cassandra this is absolutely PERFECT!!!!! I seriously LOVE how it turned out too. Everything just went together perfectly on it!!!! The PKS faces you chose are perfect. I SO need to buy that ribbon and that paper because I LOVE them both. I must do some shopping and SOON!!! And of course I just love the way that you used Emma's stamps too! So cute! Thanks so much for joining our first Simply Crafts Challenge. You are awesome! Hugs- Glora

Jovan said...

OMG...this is just so ADORABLE!

Terri said...

I love your card, it is so cute. Thanks for stopping by my place and leaving some love. That's really encouraging for a newbie like me.
Hugs,
Terri
http://memorycatchers-terri.blogspot.com

Stephanie said...

This is adorable! Saw you cards fOr blogiversary entrance and theyre all beautiful! Tfs!

Nisson Family said...

This is a fantastic card! Everything is just perfect on it. I love all of the different textures and designs on everything. Love it!!! Thanks so much for participating in our challenge. I really appreciate it. :)

Pam
Simply-Pam.blogspot.com

Mimi said...

I love this card! You did an awesome job just like you did when you where a guest designer for Emma!

Thanks for sharing and popping in on my blog too!

mimi2trentdrew.blogspot.com

Kristin said...

Hi Cassandra, sorry your email didnt go through? The scallop oval is a Stampin Up! punch and the scallop circle is a Spellbinder die. Hope that helps. Let me know if you have any other questions. thanks for visiting my blog!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...