Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Peachy Keen Stamps ~ Sketch Challenge

Hello everyone!  Ok, I know I had two fun projects already this week, but I'm back to making cards again :)  It's time for the latest Peachy Keen Stamps ~ Sketch Challenge #63.  The guidelines for this challenge:  Create a card or layout based on the sketch provided.  Peachy Keen Stamps are not required for this challenge, but if you've got them...we looooove seeing how you create with them.  Project must be new and must include basic elements and layout from the sketch (feel free to flip anything).

Here is the sketch:


Here is my entry (it's the card I made to go along with my Breast Cancer support flower bouquet from Monday):


Ok, now I know you are probably used to seeing her as a Christmas themed Gingerbread doll, but I just got her and couldn't wait to use her....so I thought I would make her 'pretty in pink'.  What do you think?

The pink polka dot patterned paper at the top is my favorite Doodlebug Design ~ Petite Prints.  And the multi-colored polka dot patterned paper on the bottom is from the Echo Park Paper Co. ~ Be Mine collection.  The solid color cardstock is from Recollections.


The pretty in pink cutie is from the Peachy Keen Stamps ~ Faceless Gingerbread Dolls large stamp set.  I colored her in using Prismacolor Pencils.  And then I used another brand new technique that I learned!  A  new Cricut Circlet buddy that I met in Las Vegas ~ Sandie ~ taught me how to blend your colored pencils.  I used odorless mineral spirits that I bought from Walmart.  This was only my first try, but I think it turned out pretty great.  It gives it a much brighter and smoother look than just traditional colored pencils.  I have to learn more about shading, but I think she turned out great!  Thanks again Sandie for teaching me something new!  :)  For the black piece of cardstock behind her, I used the Seeing Spots ~ Cuttlebug Folder to add some dimension.


The bow is made from Celebrate It ~ Sheer Creations ribbon.  The embellishment in the center was created with two different dies in the My Creative Time ~ Build a Banner Kit.  And the stamped ribbon and sentiment at the top are from the My Creative Time ~ Race for a Cure stamp set.  The sentiment is stamped on a piece cut with the My Creative Time ~ Stitched Oval Die.  For the ink, I used Memento ~ Rose Bud.  And I also added a little penwork with a white ~ Sakura Gelly Roll Pen and a black ~ Zig Writer Pen.

Well, that's it for today.  See you again soon :)

~Cassandra

8 comments :

Annette said...

aww I love this card... How cute is this Peachy Keen Image...
LOVE IT.

Glora said...

Oh Cassandra, she is ADORABLE in pink! I love her! I think she would look perfect any time of the year and for any occasion! I have got to get these darling gingers. They have been tempting me for far too long! PrismaColor pencils are fun. I've had a set for years but only learned about coloring them with OMS in the last couple of years. I still haven't tried it with OMS but I have used baby oil and that gives a somewhat similar result. It can be addicting for sure. I LOVE it! Hugs- Glora

Oh yes and I did get some of that ribbon in black with white dots and white on white, those were the only polka dot colors they had at my Michaels but I'm still happy because those will go with just about anything! Have a great one.

Mel said...

Your Gingerbread looks sweet in pink- She is too cute of a stamp to be ONLY used for Christmas.

Sandie Oxley said...

You did a awesome job. I just love it!!!!

DoBea A. said...

Love this Cassandra!!!

Carol L said...

Awww... She is too cute! Thanks for stopping by my blog :0). Have a blessed day!
Hugs, Carol L.

Kate said...

This is so cute. TFS.

Hugs,
Kate

Lorie said...

Hi Cassandra!
I commented on this cutie when I saw it on the PK Connection! So glad to see it here for the PKS Challenge! Thanks so much for joining us! GREAT WORK!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...