Friday, October 28, 2011

My Creative Time ~ Design Team Call

Hello everyone!  Today's post is a super exciting one for me.  Emma from My Creative Time has announced her very first Design Team Call !!!  Can you imagine?  What an amazing opportunity that would be.  I'm sooo super excited, I've hardly been able to sleep all week. (You know that super cute commercial where the little brother and sister are going on a family trip to Disneyland, but they are up late the night before in their bedroom giggling and the little boy says "I'm too excited to sleep"... that's been me all week long - dancing around with little kid excitement. LOL)  I've never tried out for a Design Team before, but hey...there's a first time for everything right?  :)

For my entry I decided to do something fun and different.  I decided to make a banner.  I knew the minute I saw Glora's Halloween Banner seen here and Emma's Crafty Diva Banner seen here ~ I would have to try one.   So here is my entry for the My Creative Time ~ Design Team Call:


Sorry for the bad picture, I was trying to get the whole banner in the shot.  But not to worry, I have lots of close-up shots for you to see :)  Before we get to the close-ups, let me give you some details on all the materials used.  For this project, I used 5 different My Creative Time products, as well as the always super cute Peachy Keen Stamps.  These products pair so well together, you just can't go wrong.

The large banner tiles are cut with the My Creative Time ~ XL Label Die.  All the patterned paper for the large banner tiles are from the Recollections ~ Bright & Jolly paper pad.  And since the paper in this pack is really thin, I mounted it on some chipboard pieces that I also cut with the XL Label Die.  Each large banner tile is also stamped or heat embossed with a My Creative Time border stamp.

For the smaller banner with the "Christmas" title, I used the My Creative Time ~ Build A Banner Kit and the Anyday Bingo & Crossword stamp set.  The solid color cardstock for the smaller banner is from Recollections.  I stamped the background tiles using Memento ~ Ladybug Red ink.  And I added little dots to the tips of the green starbursts with a white ~ Sakura Gelly Roll pen.

I used the Peachy Keen Stamps ~ Faceless Christmas Heads stamp set for all of the super adorable character faces.  I stamped them with Memento ~ Tuxedo Black ink and colored them in with Prismacolor pencils.  I also used my favorite new blending technique using Odorless Mineral Spirits.  Behind each little face are some pop dots to add some dimension.   Wait until you see just how cute they are!!!


The border on this large banner tile is stamped with the My Creative Time ~ Whimsical Calendar Days stamp set using Memento ~ Tuxedo Black ink.  The Christmas Tree is cut from the Create A Critter ~ Cricut cartridge.  The gems are from my stash. 


The border on this large banner tile is stamped with the My Creative Time ~ XL Label Borders stamp set and is heat embossed with Versamark ~ Watermark Ink and white ~ Stampendous embossing powder.  The face for this cute little snowlady is from the Peachy Keen Stamps ~ Winter Wonderland Face Assortment.  I also added Xmas Red ~ Stickles to her hat. 


The border on this large banner tile is stamped with the My Creative Time ~ XL Label Borders stamp set and is heat embossed with Versamark ~ Watermark Ink and white ~ Stampendous embossing powder.  The face for this fun little guy is stamped with the Peachy Keen Stamps ~ Winter Face Assortment.  What do you think of my first attempt at 'shading' on this gingerbread man?  Still practicing, but I think it turned pretty ok. 


The border for this large banner tile is stamped with the My Creative Time ~ XL Label Borders stamp set and is heat embossed with Versamark ~ Watermark Ink and white ~ Stampendous embossing powder.  The face for this little guy is  from the Peachy Keen Stamps ~ Winter Wonderland Face Assortment.  And I added some Stardust ~ Stickles to his hat. 


This large banner tile is made entirely with the My Creative Time ~ Whimsical Calendar Days stamp set and stamped with Memento ~ Tuxedo Black ink and Ladybug Red ink.  Notice how the '25' stamped perfectly in the center of the starburst on the paper?!!!  Totally OCD I know...LOL. 


The border on this large banner tile is stamped with the My Creative Time ~ XL Label Borders stamp set and is heat embossed with Versamark ~ Watermark Ink and white ~ Stampendous embossing powder.  The face for this little lady is from the Peachy Keen Stamps ~ Winter Wonderland Face Assortment.  I added some Stardust ~ Stickles to her hat. 


The border for this large banner tile is stamped with the My Creative Time ~ XL Label Borders stamp set and is heat embossed with Versamark ~ Watermark Ink and white ~ Stampendous embossing powder.  The face for the gingerbread lady is from the Peachy Keens Stamps ~ Winter Face Assortment.  I added a couple of gems to her cute little pony tales. 


The border for this large banner tile is stamped with the My Creative Time ~ XL Label Borders stamp set and is heat embossed with Versamark ~ Watermark Ink and white ~ Stampendous embossing powder.  The face for this last little guy is from the Peachy Keen Stamps ~ Winter Wonderland Face Assortment.  And I added some Firefly ~ Stickles to his hat. 


The border for this large banner tile is stamped with the My Creative Time ~ Whimsical Calendar Days stamp set using Memento ~ Tuxedo Black ink.  The Christmas Tree is cut with the Create A Critter ~ Cricut cartridge.  The gems are from my stash.


All of the ribbon for this banner is Celebrate It ~ Sheer Creations.  The starburst is a die from the My Creative Time ~ Build A Banner Kit.  And the center is a Making Memories brad.


Well, that's it.  What do you think???  I absolutely love how it turned out!  Now I'm just gonna cross my fingers and wait to see what happens.  Wish me luck!  Her big announcement will be Friday ~ November 4th.  And if you haven't seen all the other entries yet ~ click here.  There are some amazingly talented people over there.  Good luck to everyone who entered!  :)

See you soon.  Hope you all have a great weekend!

~Cassandra

41 comments :

JennyKozar said...

Best of luck to you! This is adorable and beautiful at the same time!!! Great job.

jen said...

Ok if I get to pick you win....lol you did a fantabulous job!!! Awesome banner and all the detail is wonderful. Emma would be very lucky to have you on her team. Keep up the great work.
Hugs,jen

Megan said...

OMG, I love your banner! Amazing job! Good luck! :)

Kate said...

This is so Wow Perfect. I love it Cassandra you did an awesome Job.

Hugs,
Kate

Donna and Sara said...

This is really amazing, It is very obvious that much thought, detail and care went into the planning of this adorable banner! Great job and good luck to you.

Melissa said...

WOW! This is great!!! I Love it! Good Luck!

Glora said...

OH MY GOODNESS!!!!!!!!!! I can tell you really planned this one out and it is absolutely PERFECT! !!!! I'm totally dying over here looking at it!!!! All I can say is WOW, AWESOME, AMAZING! Way to be my sweet friend. Now I want a banner just like this! And I've been wanting those PK stamps you used since they came out and now that I see how perfectly they fit in there, I HAVE to have them!!!! I can't say enough good about this, but that you rocked it and the best of luck!!! Hugs- Glora

. said...

Great banner Cassandra! Love it. Good luck on the design team call. Miss Emma would be lucky to have you.
Candy
candyscraftcorner.blogspot.com

Creative Cutter Room said...

Awesome banner!!! Great details and nicely colored. Love it-best of luck on the DT call you would be great on her team! Cathie

Dorcas said...

This is awesome. What a great job! You will be great on her team. Good luck.

Tricia S. said...

Super cute!! Love those adorable PK Stamps! I see you used that awsome Calendar set....I just love it! (I won this set from your site ;)
Best wishes on the DT call!!

Mel said...

Very cool- I remember Glora's banner. Love the Christmas theme with all the PK goodness.

by Frank-LEE Speaking... said...

This is a FABULOUS Banner girlfriend. You knocked this out of the park. Best of luck to you. Smooches... Felicia

Leonor said...

OMG! that is such a cute banner~

good luck

Leonor

ldmcreations.com

Emily said...

Fun idea! You did some fabulous work! Good luck!

Amy's Designs said...

OMG. I LOVE this. I really think I need these dies.

Trell said...

I think this is quite awesome!

Pam (AKA CraftyK) said...

Wow this banner is awesome....I love your blog and love your projects!! Good Luck!!

Kristin said...

Wow!! I Love this !!!

Micia said...

WOW WOW WOW!!! YOU DID AWESOME!!
Good luck! I think you just might make it :)

Micia

Linsey said...

I don't think you need any luck girlie, this holiday banner ROCKS my socks off!!! I'm so happy you included those close-ups or we wouldn't have known just how fantastic this project is! I love all the detail of each piece and I'm sure the banner is even more amazing irl! Best of luck and I will definitely be visiting your blog in the future, you are wayyy inspiring! TFS :D

BugBites said...

What a fantastic project. Good Luck!!

Lucy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lucy said...

Wow! What an awesome banner I think I will scraplift it thanks for the inspiration.
Best of Luck!

Lisa said...

What a great banner. I love it. So cute and festive and perfect for the upcoming season. Thank you for the sweet words on my snowlady card.
Lisa Scrappingpinklady
http://www.scrappingpinklady.com

Sandie Oxley said...

Wow Wow Wow..you are really getting great at that OMS. That banner is so stinkin' cute. Good luck, they would be crazy not to pick you.

Anonymous said...

I have a strong feeling about this one ;)

The Card Maker said...

Your banner is wonderful! Good Luck!
Thanks for your comment on my entry. Be well, Channa

jessica said...

What a GREAT banner!! Good Luck on the DT call :)

Mimi said...

Beautiful banner! I want to make one too, just haven't had the time! Good luck with your DT entry!

mimi2trentdrew.blogspot.com

Maribel said...

Gosh! Now I have to buy all the elements to make this banner :) This is just fantastic! I can tell you put a lot of work into this project, it totally shows! Every detail is just perfect! Best of luck!
Maribel
ilovescrapping.blogspot.com

brittmartin0910 said...

This banner is so cute. Good Luck

CraftsManda said...

WOW!!! I love this. What a fabulous job. I too have been SO excited about this Design Team Call. Emma would be lucky to have you! :)

Jenny R said...

Wowza...this banner is AAAMAZING! I love that commercial you were describing. Good luck on the DT call.

Jen
myimagitivity.blogspot.com

Scrappin with the bug said...

Your banner is so adorable. I love the little elves and the cute little embelishments. What a great great banner.

Like I've said before I sure hope Emma has you full time on her design team. I love looking at your stuff. It is always amazing.

Good Luck.

Diana Lynn Martin said...

Wowzers!! This is my favorite entry so far! Emma would be so lucky to have you on her team! Really really amazing work!

Diana :)
leeleecarddesigns.blogspot.com

Trail of Treasures said...

OMG!! What a BEAUTIFUL BANNER!! Love the use of Emma's dies and stamps, and the lovely peachy keen stamps!! Best of luck to you!

Hugs,
Tracey

elwalten said...

What a fun and fab banner!!! Love all the little details you added to make it extra special. Good luck my friend! :)

Adruju Crafts said...

the cutest banner ever right there!!!
thanks for visiting adruju crafts, come again soon!
-Adrianna
www.adrujucrafts.blogspot.com
adrujuctafts@gmail.com

Daisylove Creations said...

This has to be the cutest banner I have ever seen!! It is absolutely adorable!! All the details are fantastic, you did an amazing job on this!! Good luck with the DT Call :0)
Happy Halloween!!
Diana
daisylovecreations.blogspot.com

Jamie - oohLaLaPaperie said...

Wow! This is amazingly beautiful! Good luck in the DT call!

Jamie
Http://oohlalapaperie.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...