Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Cricut Circle Blog ~ Monthly Challenge

Hello everyone!  It's time for the Cricut Circle Blog ~ Monthly Challenge : Halloween Home Decor.  The guidelines for this challenge:  Create a Halloween home decor project.  Your project must include at least 2 Cricut image cuts. 

Here is my entry:


I made this entire super cute October calendar using the Designer's Calendar ~ Cricut cartridge.  The background patterned paper is from My Mind's Eye ~ Cool Spectrums paper pack.  All of the other patterned paper is from the following 3 paper collections: Echo Park Paper Co. ~ Happy Halloween, K & Co. ~ Halloween Mat Pad and Doodlgebug Design ~ Petite Prints.  The black cardstock is from Recollections

Normally, I don't usually give measurements for the cuts I make, but it took me awhile to figure this one out...so I thought it might be helpful if anyone else wanted to make it. I cut all the little date boxes at 1 inch. And I cut all the spiders at 3 inches. In the sample photo on the back of the cartridge box, there are actually 6 spiders, but I eliminated one up by the title to make more room.

Here are a couple of closer pictures:



While this was a little time consuming, it was actually pretty simple to make.  The only extra things I added were a little penwork with a white ~ Sakura Gelly Roll pen and of course my favorite googlie eyes for all the spiders.  The orange polka dot ribbon was from my stash.  Oh, and I cut off the spider web/strings that were in the original spider cuts and replaced them with black DMC Floss.

I actually had so much fun making this, that I think I might make it into a little series and make the rest of the calendars from the cartridge.  What do you all think?  Would you like to see that?  Let me know and I will get working on it :)

That's it for today.  Next up is my latest PKS Sketch Challenge entry.  See you soon...

~Cassandra

6 comments :

Kate said...

Another amazing creation.

Hugs,
Kate

Dorcas said...

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog. My daughter's name is Cassandra. Truth be told...I bought that set just because of the Gobble til you Wobble stamp. I love Thanksgiving. It's the best time of year!

Linda said...

Wow wonderful project. This would work for our challenge at LESSolog. Thanks for the sweet comment on my blog.
Linda
Scrapcat Cards by Linda

Glora said...

This is AWESOME! I've never made up any of the calendars off of that cartridge but you are making me want to, especially this one, it is SO fun! Beautiful job! And if you just happened to make any others I definitely would love to see how they turn out! Take care! Hugs- Glora

Pam (AKA CraftyK) said...

I love your calendar....to Fun!! Thank you for the sweet comments on my blog!!

Annette said...

awesome creative card...love it

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...