Saturday, September 24, 2011

Holiday Pins

Hello everyone!  Ok, today is the final day of the projects I made for the Cricut Circle Meet-Up in Vegas this week.  One of the activities at the Meet-Up is a Pin Swap.  

The guidelines for this swap: the finished size no larger than 3x3; use a pin backing; choose any theme or holiday you like; must include some kind of bling (glitter, rhinestones, etc.).  I have never made pins before and I have no idea what to expect from everone else, but I came up with all of these little cuties:


I decided to go with a holiday theme.  And then I couldn't decide which was cuter...Halloween or Christmas.  And then I couldn't decide on just one image.   So I made 8 different kinds LOL.  And then I made 5 of each to make sure I had enough for everyone.  Aren't they soooo cute?!?

All of the pins are made using the My Creative Time ~ Scallop and Stitched Circle Dies.  Also, all of them have a Recollections ~ rhinestone circle around the edge.  The actual rhinestone circle sticker was a little too big, so I just cut out one of the stones and squished the two ends together to make the circle a little smaller.


This pin is stamped with images from the My Creative Time ~ All Around Christmas stamp set.  The cardstock for the scallop circle is from the Echo Park Paper Co. ~ Merry Christmas paper collection.  And I used a red colored pencil to color in Santa's jacket.  I also just realized that I meant to use Stickles for the trim....bummer!  Oh well, that's a cute idea for next time. LOL


This pin is also stamped with images from the My Creative Time ~ All Around Christmas stamp set.  The cardstock for the scallop circle is from the Doodlebug Design ~ Petite Prints paper line.  And I used red and green colored pencils to color in the cute little elf shoes.


This pin is stamped with images from the My Creative Time ~ All Around Halloween stamp set.  The cardstock for the scallop circle is from Doodlebug Design ~ Petite Prints paper line.  And I used orange and white colored pencils to color in the super cute ghost.


This pin is stamped with images from the My Creative Time ~ All Around Christmas stamp set.  The cardstock for the scallop circle is Bazzill ~ wedding cardstock.  And I used white, orange, black and blue colored pencils to color in this happy little snowman.  I decided to make this a more wintery feel rather than traditional Christmas colors.  I think he turned out so cute!


This pin is stamped with images from the My Creative Time ~ All Around Halloween stamp set.  The cardstock for the scallop circle is from the Jillibean Soup ~ Dutch Mustard Soup paper collection.  And I used orange, green and brown colored pencils to color in the pumpkin.


This pin is stamped with images from the My Creative Time ~ All Around Christmas stamp set.  The cardstock for the scallop circle is from the Doodlebug Design ~ Petite Prints paper line.  And I used green, brown and yellow colored pencils to color in the cute little Christmas tree.


This pin is stamped with images from the My Creative Time ~ All Around Halloween stamp set.  The cardstock for the scallop circle is Coredinations cardstock.  And I used orange, yellow, purple and green colored pencils to color in the tasty little treat.


This final pin is also stamped with images from the My Creative Time ~ All Around Halloween stamp set.  The cardstock for the scallop circle is Coredinations cardstock.  And I used purple and orange colored pencils to color in the spooky witches hat.


They are all so cute.  I just love them.  Which one is your favorite?  I still can't decide :)

Well, I hope they all like them.  I'm so nervous because I have no idea what to expect from this kind of swap.  Should be fun.  I will post pictures of what I get in the swap when I  get back.

See you all next week.  Hope you have a great weekend!

~Cassandra

7 comments :

Glora said...

Picking a favorite would be pretty much impossible! Amazing job, I LOVE every single one! I bet they are going to be the cutest ones there! Hugs- Glora

Sally Rides said...

They're really cute! Have fun in Vegas!
I think my fav is "Witches Welcome" :-)

L.B. said...

These are super cute and I bet they will be a big hit in Vegas! Have a blast

Kate said...

OMGOSH Cassandra. These are super CUTE! I love all of them. They are going to love it.

Hugs,
kate

Mel said...

Perfect stamps for pins. Enjoy your trip-

Scrappin with the bug said...

So adorable. I bet Emma is just beeming with glee on how adorable you showcased her stamps and made these little pins. These are just so adorable. I might need to scraplift them. What a great idea.

Thanks for sharing all your wonderful crafty talents with us.

Sam Smith said...

I love your pins! They are so cute! One of my families favorite traditions is making custom pins for the holidays, then we turn them into ornaments! It is such a great time.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...