Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Throwback Thursday Challenge!

Hello everyone!  It's time for my favorite challenge ~ the Throwback Thrusday Challenge with Emma over at My Creative Time!  Here are the details for the challenge:  Use any older Cricut cartridge of your choice; make it a Christmas theme; and incorporate any kind of material on your project.

It was a little weird to make a Christmas card in July when it's about 112 degrees here in Phoenix LOL, but here is my entry:


The solid color cardstock is from Recollections.  The green & red patterned papers are from Doodlebug Designs ~ Petite Prints.  The large green scallop circle is cut using My Creative Time's ~ scallop die.  The smaller red scallop circle is cut with a Mary Uchida punch.  The "Merry Christmas" sentiment is from Technique Tuesday's ~ Season's Greetings stamp set.  *TIP - if you have this stamp set, then you know that the sentiment is all on one line.  In order to make it fit into my circle the way I wanted it to - I taped off one word and stamped the other, then I taped off the first word and stamped the second.  (hope that makes sense)  Keep this in mind the next time you look at your stamp stash...it will give you lots more options.  :)

My super cute Hello Kitty is cut from the Hello Kitty Greetings ~ Cricut cartridge.  Her pretty green bow is from Celebrate It ~ Sheer Creations.  And if you look closely - you can see that I added real cotton pieces to the balls on her shoes and the ball & rim of her hat.  Too cute!!!

And finally, for the snowy hills behind her - I used the Divine Swirls ~ Cuttlebug folder to emboss it and give it some fun texture. 

Now, if you haven't tried it yet...go over to Emma's website My Creative Time and join the Throwback Thursday Challenge.  It's so much fun and you will get so many creative ideas....she is the best!!

Not sure what I'm working on next, but I hope to see you back here soon.  Until then, have a great weekend!

~Cassandra

6 comments :

Jill_in_AL said...

oooooh that is super cute! I love the embossed snowy bank!

L.B. said...

very fun..I see you are on a Hello Kitty Kick..love those carts

Glora said...

Oh my goodness!!!! She is SO adorable!!!! I'm loving those mini-prints I will have to look into that for sure. Her bow and fuzzy trim are PERFECT! Beautiful job, I'm so glad you could play along! Hugs- Glora

Sandy S. said...

Super cute.... I so love your Hello Kitty!

TFS!
Sandy
http://thecraftycreationspot.blogspot.com/

Cathryn said...

Sooooo Cute Cassandra! Love the papers and the shoes are too cute! Hugs, Cathryn :)

Cindy said...

Oh my This is way to CUTE!I LOVE your Hello Kitty,it is sooo SWEET!BEAUTIFUL job!!:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...