Monday, August 29, 2011

Peachy Keen Stamps Challenge

Hello everyone.  It's time for the Peachy Keen Stamps ~ Sketch Challenge #59 with a Twist!  The rules for this challenge:  Create a card based on the sketch provided and the twist (Peachy Keen Stamps are not required for this challenge, but if you've got them, we looooooove seeing how you create with them).  Project must include basic elements of the sketch and the twist ~ BUTTONS...use buttons somewhere on your project.

Here is the sketch:


Here is my card....I changed it up a little, but all the basic elements are there:


The solid color cardstock is from Recollections.  The patterned paper is from the SEI ~ With All My Heart paper collection.  The cute little ladybug is cut from the Create A Critter ~ Cricut cartridge.  Her sweet little face is from the Peachy Keen Stamps ~ Critter Faces stamp set.  I added some stitching with a black ~ Zig Writer pen and a white ~ Sakura Gelly Roll pen. I also added some cute little cheeks with pink/red chalk.  The "Sending you lots of love" sentiment is from the My Pink Stamper ~ Fabulous Phrases stamp set.


All of the flowers are cut from the Mother's Day Bouquet ~ Cricut cartridge.  I curled all the petals to give the flowers some dimension. 


For some of the flower centers, I added Recollections ~ Pearls. And for some others I added some pretty red gems from ~ Doodlebug Designs. And for the twist, I made sure to add some beautiful black/clear buttons....isn't the flower design on the button so pretty???  Now to mix it up a little, I threaded some of the buttons with pretty twine from the Twinery.  And for a few other buttons, I added the same pearls and gems to the center of the buttons to give them a little extra something.


Well, that's it for today.  I hope you all have a great week.  See you back here soon.

~Cassandra

4 comments :

Glora said...

Super adorable! I LOVE how this turned out! You are amazing! Hugs- Glora

Samantha Casey said...

Wow look at those flowers... beautiful! This card is so clean and really is just perfect. I love everything you did with this card! Good luck with the Peachy Keen Challenge!
-Sam

Viv said...

Oh boy! This is SO pretty! I love that little bee, SO cute! Thanks for playing along with us at Peachy Keen. Good luck!

Lorie said...

Oh my goodness, Cassandra! This is as cute as can be!!! Your take on this challenge is spectacular!!! Thanks so much for playing along with the Peachy Keen Challenge!

Hugs,
Lorie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...