Thursday, August 18, 2011

Peachy Keen Stamps Challenge

Ok...are you ready for cuteness overload??  It's time for the Peachy Keen Stamps ~ Sketch Challenge : #58.  Here are the details for the challenge:  Create a card based on the layout provided (Peachy Keen Stamps are not required for this challenge, but if you have them, we looooove seeing how you create with them).  Project must include basic elements from the sketch.

Here is the sketch:


Here is my entry:


The solid color cardstock is from Recollections.  The kraft cardstock for the card base is from Joanns.  The mulit-colored polka dot patterned paper is from the Echo Park Paper Co. ~ Happy Halloween paper collection.  The spider and the tree stickers are from the same paper collection.  The roof/awning is cut from the Create A Critter ~ Cricut cartridge.  The fence is cut from the Pop Up Neighborhood ~ Cricut cartridge.  I used a white ~ Sakura Gelly Roll pen to add some distressed marks to the fence. 


All of the pumpkins are cut from the Pumpkin Carving ~ Cricut cartridge.  To give them some dimension, I added pop dots to a few of the pumpkins.  The super fun pumpkin faces are stamped using the Peachy Keen Stamps ~ Monster Mash Face Assortment and the Make A Monster Face Assortment.  I used a white ~ Sakura Gelly Roll pen for the eyes; a black ~ Zig writer pen for doodling around the pumpkin edges; a red ~ Zig Writer pen for the tongues; and it's kinda hard to see, but I also used a baby blue ~ Zig Writer pen for the eyeshadow on a couple of the lady pumpkins :)  And for a little sparkle, I added some lime green ~ Stickles to the pumpkin stems at the top.  The sentiment is from the My Pink Stamper ~ Spooky Puns stamp set.  Oh, and one last thing, I added some rafia behind the fence and under the pumpkins to look like hay.  How fun is that?!?! 

I just love how this card came out!  Hope you enjoyed it too.  See you again real soon.

~Cassandra 

9 comments :

Glora said...

Oh my goodness, perfect take on that sketch. This is ADORABLE! I love this darling scene you have made and of course all the adorable Peachy faces! Hugs- Glora

Marijo said...

I love this one!

Jovan said...

OMG...this is just to cute!

Pam (AKA CraftyK) said...

Oh My....how cute is that!! Love your card!!Those faces are adorable.

by Frank-LEE Speaking... said...

Love this. It's so cute. Smooches... Felicia - scrapperinthemaking.blogspot.com

Viv said...

My jaw is on the floor Cassandra. I absolutely LOVE this card to bits!! I can't stop ogling it! It's fascinating!
Thanks for playing along with us Peachy Keen. Good luck!

Linda Harris said...

I love them Cassandra!!! Those Monster faces are the best ones I own so far. Good luck!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! You know how much I LOVE Halloween and I just adore this, it's so darling! Great work! XO-Cherrie

Janice W. said...

I LOVE this card! I saw it over on the PK connection! Fantastic pumpkin patch and the straw woven through the fence is a great touch! Thanks for joining the PK challenge! Good luck!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...