Friday, June 24, 2011

It's "Challenge Time" !

Today I am entering the Cricut Circle ~ June Monthly Challenge: On the Road Again.  The rules for this challenge:  Create a project of your choice that will help you or your kids on that long summer road trip.  It can be a travel game, travel activity, organizer, snack holder, whatever.  But your project must include at least 2 Cricut cuts.

When my husband and I go on vacation, I always take a little notebook or journal to document the details, the memories and the funny stories along the way.  Here is a quick journal I made for this challenge....makes me want to go on vacation!!!


The actual journal is a simple little 6x9 notepad I got at Walmart for .97 cents (what a bargain!!!)  The pattern paper is from Fancy Pants Designs ~ Beach Bum collection (isn't it just perfect?!?!?)  The sun is cut from the Life is a Beach ~ Cricut cartridge.  **Note that I used my Gypsy and the "Hide Contour" feature to remove the face of the sun.  The word "travel" is cut from the Graphically Speaking ~ Cricut cartridge.  The words "my" & "journal" are stamped with letters from the Technique Tuesday ~ Avalon letters stamp set.  The orange ribbon is from my stash.  And the pen....shhhhh...it's one we "borrowed" from a Radisson hotel (hee hee).

That's it - a super quick and easy project.  Hopefully it gives you a good journaling idea for your next vacation.  Happy summer!

~Cassandra

No comments :

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...