Monday, June 27, 2011

Cricut Circle Blog ~ Weekly Challenge #35

Back again with another challenge entry.  This time it's the Cricut Circle Blog ~ Weekly Challenge #35: Patriotic Pride Challenge.  The rules for this challenge:  Whether you are from the United States, Canada, Australia or somewhere else, we want you to show us your Patriotic Pride with this next challenge!  Create any type of project (scrapbook layout, card, home decor...it's up to you) showing off your patriotic spirit.  Your project must be newly created for this challenge and must include at least 2 Cricut cuts.

Here is my entry:


The solid color cardstock is from Recollections.  All of the pattern paper (the stars background, the red accordian flowers and the blue USA letters) are from the We R Memory Keepers ~ Yankee Doodles paper collection.  The stars are cut from the Stand & Salute ~ Cricut cartridge.  The hats are cut from the Independence Day ~ Cricut cartridge.  The USA letters are cut from the Cuttin' Up ~ Cricut cartridge.  And the red scallop circle behind the USA are cut with a Marvy Uchida punch.


In order to give the red accordian flowers some decorative edges, I used the EK Success ~ Scalloped Scallop border punch along one side of the 1 1/2 x 12 inch red strip.


I also added a little highlighting with a white ~ Sakura Gelly Roll pen and a black ~  Zig Writer pen.


One little tip....sometimes when I don't like the size of the shadow cut around the letters - instead of centering the letter in shadow, I will offset the letter from the shadow to the right.  I usually do this when I feel like the shadow is too thin around the edges.


Well that's my Patriotic Pride entry.  Hope you like it.  And I hope you all have a wonderful Fourth of July weekend!   Make sure and come back tomorrow for a special announcement...

~Cassandra

9 comments :

Nadia said...

Awesome, eye-popping card!!! Love how you offset the letters!
Nadia (With Glittering Eyes blog)

Marijo said...

I love this. Great job!

Marijo aka Scraptastic Grammy

Scrappin with the bug said...

Love it.. I am so addicted to these rosettes. Thanks for sharing I love it.

Terri

girlia said...

Love the rosettes. I have yet to place one on a project!

mamawof5 said...

LOVE LOVE this card! I love anything red white and blue, USA, etc. My daughter was born on the 4th of July, so I think that might be one of the reasons that I love anything patriotic!!

cdm317 said...

Love it!!! Good luck in the challenge!
Colleen (aka gonescrappin)

~ŠǿƒŧβŖñ™~ said...

Very nice!.. Love the rosettes..

luvmyshihtzus said...

Very nice project, Cassandra. I love it!

Gramjak said...

Magnificent card, Cassandra!!!

I love it almost as much as your awesome gift bags from Stampede. (I show them to everyone who asks about Stampede before anything else!!!)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...