Saturday, June 11, 2011

Birthday Week ~ card #3

Hello everyone!  Today is day #3 for Birthday Week.  I would like to start this post by giving a shout out to Cathryn over at In The Pink - Designs by Cathryn.  I saw the design for this card over on her blog and her creation was just so cute that I had to email her and ask if it was ok to "scraplift" it and post the finished result on my blog.  I was so happy when she said yes, because it was too cute to pass up.   If you would like to see her original design for this card click  HERE.

I have a friend who is a firefighter and he is having a birthday later this month, so here is the card I created for him (based on Cathryn's original design).


All of the solid color cardstock is from Recollections.  And the grey & white polka dot paper for the dog house is from the Echo Park ~ Be Mine Collection paper pack.  The yellow background piece is cut from the Elegant Edges ~ Cricut cartridge.  The dog house, the super cute doggie and the doggie dish are cut from the Create A Critter ~ Cricut cartridge
** Note that I used my Gypsy to remove the doggie's face with the "Hide Contour" feature.  And I stamped the face with Peachy Keen Stamps ~ Critter Faces stamp set.  The red ribbon is from Paper Trey Ink and the black ric rac is from my stash.  I did some stitching with a white ~ Sakura Gelly Roll pen.  And added a little bling to the doggies collar with the I-Rock

I think it turned out so cute!  And once again I want to thank Cathryn for the design inspiration   :)

That's it for birthday week.  Not sure what I will work on next, but I will see you back here real soon.  Until then...

~Cassandra

1 comment :

Cathryn said...

Awww, I love this version Cassandra! Thank you for giving me credit, so generous! Have a good night! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...