Friday, June 3, 2011

Another Challenge entry...

Back again with another Challenge entry.  This is the last project I made from this past weekend.  I am going to enter this project in the Cricut Circle Blog ~ May Magazine Challenge #2 : Make It Your Way Contest.

The contest rules are:  Use this month's magazine as a stepping off point to create something your way.  Use one of our Designer's projects to help you create something similar and yet has your own style.  You might see a flower, paper, design element or maybe just the concept to help you design something of your own.  Use at least 3 Cricut cuts and an idea from the magazine in your project.

The magazine this month seemed to feature the Freshly Picked ~ Cricut cartridge and I saw a simple but beautiful cut of this gazebo on page 26.  It instantly reminded me of my wedding day, so I decided to turn this gazebo cut into a "Congratulations on your wedding" card.  Here is my card: 


All of the solid color cardstock are from Recollections.  The ivy is printed from the Lori's Garden ~ Imagine cartridge.  The background is cut once again from my new all time favorite Elegant Edges ~ Cricut cartridge.  The gazebo, ivy and flowers are cut from the Freshly Picked ~ Cricut cartridge.  And the lovely wedding couple is cut from the Wedding ~ Cricut cartridge


The stamped sentiment is from the Technique Tuesday ~ Happily Ever After stamp set.  And the pearls in the center of the flowers, on the top of the veil and down the back of the wedding dress are from Recollections.


When I was done with this card, it just didn't look right to me...not special enough.  So I whipped out some Star Dust Stickles and covered the gazebo with them.  Had I thought about it ahead of time, I may have just cut the gazebo out of glitter paper LOL...but I think it turned out great despite the extra work and drying time for the Stickles.


A couple of details to note for this project....instead of fully adhering the flowers down to the base image, I only added adhesive to the center of the flowers and then I curled up the edges to give them more dimension.  I also added pop dots to the gazebo and the wedding couple to make them pop off the page a little more.

Well, that wraps up all of my Challenge entry projects that I made during last weekend.  Hope you enjoyed them this week.  And don't forget to get up and enter a Challenge yourself.  You will see how fun they can be...I promise.

Not sure what I am going to work on next....but stayed tuned...I will see you back here soon.  Have a great weekend.

~Cassandra

1 comment :

Brit in MN said...

So pretty! I really need to get some pearls to try out, lol, I'm pretty sure that I've tried all bling except for pearls. Thanks for sharing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...