Sunday, May 22, 2011

PKS - Let's Face It Friday Challenge: Organize It!

It's challenge time again....and boy is this challenge right up my alley!!!  This is the Peachy Keen Stamps - Let's Face It Friday Challenge.  And the theme is "Organize It!"  Being a little OCD myself...you don't have to ask me twice to enter this one LOL.

The challenge is to create any project with "ORGANIZATION" as the focus.  And the project MUST include the use of Peachy Keen Stamps ~ Faces stamps.  You can create chore lists, to do lists, storage ideas...the list is endless really.  Well, my choice is: storage.  I have been wanting to do this for months and now I have the perfect motivation (a PKS contest-YIPPEE)!

In my scrapbook room, under one of my tables, I have a 6 drawer rolling unit that right now is full of odds and ends, but I would like to turn it into a storage unit for my paper scraps....we all have tons of those don't we?!?!  So I have decided to separate my scraps by color.  Right now I am starting with just this one unit (I have future plans to get another one)...so for this unit I am focusing on the standard colors in the rainbow....Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, and Purple.

So what I have created are labels for each drawer - identifying the color of paper for that drawer:



To begin, I start with a strip of black cardstock and a strip of white cardstock - layered one on top of the other.  I added a little stiching around the white strip with a black pen.  Then I cut out the name of each color from the Cuttin' Up ~ Cricut cartridge: Cartoon font/shadow.  The shadow is cut from regular black cardstock and
the surface layer is cut from solid color carstock ~ both from Recollections.  I added more stiching to the colored layer with my white Sakura Gelly Roll Pen.

All of the flowers are cut from the Groovy Times ~ Cricut cartridge.  Each label has two flowers - the bottom flower is cut from the solid color cardstock, again from Recollections; and the top flower is cut from a double-sided patterned paper by Doodlebug Designs ~ Petite Prints; one side is polka dots and the other side looks like grid paper.

The face for the red flower is from the Peachy Keen Stamps ~ Everyday Character Face Assortment:


The face for the orange flower is from the Peachy Keen Stamps ~ Snow Cuties Face Assortment:


The face for the yellow flower is from the Peachy Keen Stamps ~ Simple Sallies Face Assortment:


The face for the green flower is from the Peachy Keen Stamps ~ Simple Sallies Face Assortment:


The face for the blue flower is from the Peachy Keen Stamps ~ Snow Cuties Face Assortment:


The face for the purple flower is from the Peachy Keen Stamps ~ Everyday Character Face Assortment:


And finally...put it all together and you have the the finished project:


Too cute if I do say so myself...LOL.  Hopefully this gives you the motivation to get going on your own crafting space.  Organization can be fun people!!!!  Now get moving!!!

Once again, stay tuned this week....in honor of the upcoming Memorial Day holiday - I will be sharing some of the cards I have made in the past to Support Our Troops.  Until then...

~Cassandra

12 comments :

Percilla G said...

Oh how cute - that would be perfect in a classroom setting as well as a craft room
Love it

Cindy said...

Love it. Super cute idea with the faces and great font.

Glora said...

THIS is ADORABLE!!!! I love the variety of faces you used on your adorable flowers too! So super cute!!! I love all these ideas!!!! Hugs- Glora

ScrappingStephanie said...

Hello Cassandra. I LOVE LOVE your storage idea. Not only is it very clever, but adorable. Love the fun colors, the PK faces and the flowers. What an inspiring project! So so glad I found your blog..new follower. Have a great day!

Nita T. said...

This is fantastic!!! I have dreams of doing the same thing someday (when my craft "room" becomes an actual ROOM and not just a corner in the basement! lol!). Thanks for the inspiration!
Nita
www.niftynitanotes.blogspot.com

Cindy said...

Great idea and cute too!I love the pretty flowers they are soo fun!!:)

Mrs. Green said...

Wow!! This is super cute!! Good luck in the challenge!!

Kim Score said...

super super cute! love the patterned papers you used and those cute little faces. thanks for sharing

Miss Giebel said...

Adorable, I love these flowers they are so unique!! I'm so glad you created with us this week!!

DIANA L. said...

Super cute.I love all the flowers.
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

Cathryn said...

Awesome Cassandra!!! Love it, those flowers are just gorgeous! Congrats on your top 5!!!!!!!!

Josie0602 said...

So cute! I want to do this with my scraps too. Mine have outgrown my current storage. Congrats on the win!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...