Monday, May 30, 2011

It's "Challenge Time" !

I just had the greatest weekend!  My husband and I decided not to go anywhere for the Memorial Day weekend.  So while my husband was working in the backyard (his favorite hobby), I got plenty of time in my scrapbook room (my favorite hobby).  So this week I will share with you some of what I created for a few of my favorite challenges that are going on right now.

First up is the project I had the absolute most fun making ever!  I am going to enter it into two different challenges:  the first one is the Cricut Circle Blog ~ May Magazine Challenge #1 : Imaginisce Sponsor Contest and the second is the Creative Critterz Imaginations ~ Father's Day Challenge.

The rules for the Cricut Circle Blog ~ May Magazine Challenge #1 - Imaginisce Sponsor Contest are: Use at least 4 Cricut image cuts from any cartridge and at least 3 Imaginisce products like their paper, I-top, I-rock, stickers, ribbon or any other product they produce.  ***The winner of this contest will receive the new E2 and a gift bag of product from Imaginisce.  HOW COOL IS THAT?!?!?!?!

The rules for the Creative Critterz Imaginations ~ Father's Day Challenge are: Use your Cricut Imagine and make anything Father's Day related; submit your entry and visitors will VOTE on their favorite.  ***The entry with the most votes will win the YUMMY Imagine Cartridge.  Wahoo...that would be a great addition to my new Imagine cartridge library!

So here is my creation...it's actually not a layout...it's a giant 12x12 Father's Day card for my dad.  He loves to go camping and the two of us used to always go fishing when I was little....some of my most favorite memories :)


Ok...where to begin...the main scenic layout (which includes the lake, the dock, the trees, the mountains and some of the grass) is cut from the Campin' Critters ~ Cricut cartridge.  This is absolutely the cutest cartridge!!!  The trail sign, the deer and the moose are also cut from the Campin' Critters ~ Cricut cartridge...like I said...too cute!  The clouds are cut from the Create A Critter ~ Cricut cartridge.  The rock is cut from the Old West ~ Cricut cartridge.  And the sun is cut from the Life Is A Beach ~ Cricut cartridge.  **Note that I used my Gypsy and the "Hide Contour" feature to remove the sun's face.




Now, in order to qualify for the Creative Critterz Imaginations challenge - you have to use the Cricut Imagine in your Father's Day project - here are the cartridges I used:  The blue sky background is printed from the Blossom ~ Imagine cartridge.  The clouds are printed from the Lori's Garden ~ Imagine cartridge.  The bright blue water is printed from the Blast Off ~ Imagine cartridge.  The light green for the tree tops, the grass, part of the fish and part of the backpack are cut from the Blossom ~ Imagine cartridge.  And the sand is printed from the Buccaneer ~ Imagine cartridge.

And in order to qualify for the Cricut Circle ~ May Magazine Challenge #1 : Imaginisce Sponsor Contest you have to use 3 of their products - here is what I used:  The crimson patterned paper in the background is Happy Camper ~ Don't Feed the Bears.  The orange patterned paper for the sun is Happy Camper ~ Fresh Air.  The brown patterned paper for the one mountain and the trees is Happy Camper ~ Gone Fishing.  The dark green patterned paper for the mountains, part of the fish and part of the backpack are Happy Camper ~ Fireside Fun.  The camper, two tents, camp fire, canoe, bird and squirrel are from Happy Camper ~ Fresh Air.  This particular piece of patterned paper in the newly released Imaginisce ~ Happy Camper collection is full of all kinds of fun images.  One of my favorite things to do...is cut out little images like these from a piece of patterned paper and use them as individual embellishments to decorate a layout or card.  Isn't my little camping scene just the cutest??  I also used my I-rock and added clear gems to the trail sign to look like nails; a clear gem for the eye on the fish; and a dark gem on the backpack to look like a button.  And one final Imaginisce product that might be hard for you to spot....flowers.  I had an I-rock embellishment kit which included a stencil, gems and flowers.  I took a couple of the green flowers from the kit and distressed them with Color Box ~ Chestnut Roan ink.  Then I folded them in half to look like bushes.




 A couple of other quick items to note:  I handcut some extra grass and mountains on each side of the scene to extend it all the way to the edges.  I added some faux stitching around the tree tops with my white Sakura Gelly Roll Pen.  The Father's Day trail sign info I printed out on my computer.  I added yellow Stickles to the spots on the sun and to the camp fire.  And of course what project would be complete without my favorite googlie eyes on the deer and the moose.

Well, that's it.  I sure hope my dad likes it (I'm putting some fun gift cards on the back - so that should help LOL).  Wish me luck in the Cricut Circle ~ May Magazine Challenge #1 : Imaginisce Sponsor ContestI would really love to win a new E2, not to mention the goodie bag of Imaginisce products!  Oh, and don't forget - if you want to vote for me over at Creative Critterz Imaginations ~ Father's Day Challenge click HERE.

Thanks for stopping by.  Stay tuned for more Challenge projects this week.  See you soon.

~Cassandra

ps....there is a link problem over at Creative Critterz Imaginations....so my entry isn't up yet...make sure and check back there because I will put it up as soon as I can....don't forget to vote :)

6 comments :

Nita T. said...

This is totally adorable. The detail is AMAZING! I'm sure your dad will love it. :) And good luck with your challenges!
Nita
www.niftynitanotes.blogspot.com

Gina piazza said...

Love it and turning the flower into a bush was genius! It looks great.

JaniceA said...

Congrats on winning!!!! It is really cute and I hope your dad enjoyed it for Father;s Day!!!

Scrappin with the bug said...

Congrats on winning your project is fantastic.
Terri

Mrs Ham said...

Congrat on winning. This is such a fabulous project.

Glora said...

WOW! This is SO cute! Congratulations on winning :). You are very talented! Hugs- Glora

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...