Wednesday, May 11, 2011

A Beautiful Birthday

Today I have what I think is a super beautiful birthday card for you....and it's super easy to make too  :)



One of my favorite things to do is cut out images on a patterned paper and then use them as 3-D elements on a layout or card.  If you look closely, you can see that I did that with the butterflies on this card.  The absolutely goregeous patterned paper is from SEI's ~ Chocolat paper pack. This collection is full of papers that are textured, embossed and kissed with glitter accents.  If you have never seen it...you must go check it out.

Anyway, I cut the butterflies out of another paper within this collection.  I added some simple pearl accents from Queen & Co.  And I bent their wings to help them pop off the page.  For the side borders, I cut two strips of the rasberry cardstock in this paper collection and used an EK success punch for the pretty borders.   The two scallop circles are also punches and the sentiment is from Technique Tuesday ~ Simple Sentiments.

That's it!  Super easy, but absolutely gorgeous in person (I don't think the picture really shows the sparkle and texture...still working on my blog picture taking skills).  Hope you like it.  See you next time...

~Cassandra

2 comments :

Cindy said...

Cassandra your card is beautiful. I really like how you cut the butterflies from a coordinating paper from the stack and made them pop off the card. Great job.

Nana Donna said...

Beautiful, thanks for the inspiration
http://nanadonnascarddreams.blogspot.com/

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...