Friday, March 11, 2011

Gettin' silly with my Cricut!

Good morning everyone!  Today I have a silly-goofy project to share.  This month the Cricut Circle Magazine Challenge was to use the new Cricut Everyday cartridge "to make something that you would use to define yourself at a Meet-Up, Crop, Stampede or any other Circle event.  It can be a calling card, a tag, table decor or something to swap."  The only requirement is that it has to have at least 3 cuts from the Cricut Everyday cartridge.  Here's what I came up with in all my silliness:



I started with a goofy St. Patrick's Day headband I bought at Michaels.  Then I cut out a boy Cricut in our classic green color and a beautiful girl Cricut in pink.  Since I am planning to wear this at the Texas Stampede, I decided to give our handsome boy Cricut a cowboy hat cut out of glitter paper.  To make our beautiful girl Cricut even more dazzling....I added a cute pink bow and fake eyelashes...LOL...what a hoot! I gave them both some bling by using my I-Rock to add gems to their antennas.  Next, I cut out the "Love My Bug" phrase from the Cricut Everyday cartridge.  To suit my project - I snipped off the "My" and I also added an "s" from the Cherry Limeade cartridge - to spell "Love Bugs".  For extra silliness, I cut out four cartridge shapes and to them I added pink and blue Cricut Circle heads to symbolize their little loved ones.  And voila....I have my own little Cricut family :)  It's a little heavy - so we shall see how it holds up when I wear it at the Stampede, but for now - it's just too cute.  Hope you all have a great day...get out there and do something silly!

Until next time...
~Cassandra

6 comments :

Helen said...

I've posted on the CC message board, but I had to post here too :)

This is such a great idea, it turned out so cute!!!

Claire Langan said...

So fun and so cute! I wish I could go to the Stampede too...

L.B. said...

I removed my first message to fix it and add on: 1. This is such a fun project and I have a feeling i will see it popping up in various Stampede photos soon. Also, i am leaving you a blog award this afternoon on my blog. It is for newer blogs I love!! Thanks and have a great weekend at Stampede

JaniceA said...

Cassi this is super cute. I know I will be able to pick you out of pics wearing this but it isn't really hard now because you seem to always know when a camera is around. Have fun at the Stampede!

Nadia said...

This is adorable.

Lauren said...

This is super cute!! I gave you a stylish blogger award. Check out my blog to get it!! allthingscrafty3.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...