Monday, June 15, 2015

SVG Cutting Files ~ June Challenge

Hello everyone!  It's time for the SVG Cutting Files ~ June Challenge.  And this month's theme is: something for a boy.


I decided to make something for a "grown up" boy.  Hee Hee!  My BFF's husband is a fire fighter and this is for his upcoming birthday.


I was having so much fun, I just had to make two projects!!!  The one on the top is the birthday card and the one on the bottom is a gift card holder.


Hee!  Isn't he so cute?!?  This is the SVG Cutting Files ~ Fire Fighter Kevin.  I cut the number using the SVG Cutting Files ~ Birthday Numbers.  All of the different colors of cardstock are from either Papertrey Ink or Simon Says Stamp.  I also added some Yellow ~ Stickles to the candle flames.  The "Holy Smokes!" sentiment is from the Jaded Blossom ~ Best Friends.


This cool fire truck is also from the SVG Cutting Files ~ Fire Fighter Kevin.  And once again, all of the different colors of cardstock are from Papertrey Ink and Simon Says Stamp, except for the shiny silver paper which was a gift from a super terrific online bloggy buddy (Thanks Kimmie!)  I cut the banner with the Jaded Blossom ~ Dimensional Banner Dies. And the "Happy Birthday" sentiment is from the Jaded Blossom ~ So Many Birthdays.


Here is a side view.  To make this into a card, I placed two of the base cuts on my Cameo cutting mat.  Then I flipped one image vertically (to basically be upside down).  I then overlapped the two pieces just a bit and welded them together.  Then voila!  You now have a card.  :)


Here is a view of the inside of the card when it is opened up.  Then I used the Jaded Blossom ~ Gift Card Die for the inside.  Fun! Fun! Fun!


Well my creative friends, that's it for me today.  Make sure you head on over to the SVG Cutting Files Blog to see what the rest of the Design Team has created.  I can't wait to see you all create!!!  Happy Crafting everyone!  I will see you all again soon.

2 comments :

snappy scrappy said...

MY GOSH!!!! ADORABLE!!!

Scrapper69 said...

Oh WOW! So Very Cool!!! LOVE the gift card holder!!! Your BFF's Hubby is gonna LOVE it! Have a Crafty Day!!!


Theresa
Scrappers Anonymous

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...