Thursday, May 21, 2015

Stamp Anniething ~ Make a Splash!

Hello everyone!  It's my day to post over at the Stamp Anniething Blog.  Last week I promised you a tutorial on how to airbrush an ocean background, so here you go!!!  Today, I am using the Stamp Anniething ~ Mermaids.


Now I'm just a beginner at this, so I want to make sure you know that everything I learned about how to do this - I learned from the fabulous Jennifer Dove at her Boot Camp for Copics.  So let's get started.


To get started, choose the Copic Markers you wish to use.  From this picture, the colors I ended up using are B97, BG49 and YG17.  Then you need to make sure you use Glossy Cardstock.  And then of course, you need the Copic airbrush system.


Starting with B97, generously airbrush the color on the bottom and the sides of the cardstock.  (You might want to apply a little more than I did - I had to go back a couple of times and add more color).


Add your next color, for me that was BG49.  I sprayed it just to the inside of the first color, but also overlapping a bit.


Then, I added just a touch of YG17, once again to the inside of the second color, but overlapping a bit as well. (Make sure you don't add too many colors, otherwise it turns out a bit muddy).


Next, take a Mini Mister and fill it with Isopropyl Alcohol.  Jennifer Dove recommends the best one to use for airbrushing on Glossy Cardstock is 99%.  I didn't have any of that on hand at the time, so I used 91% - which still worked out pretty good.

What you want to do is spray one little section and then quickly use the airbrush to blow the liquid around in a wiggly upwards motion until the wet ink dries.  Then spritz another section and repeat until you achieve your desired look.  At the end give it one more spritz all over and then just let that dry naturally.


I added a little more ink to get it a bit darker, but here it is with all the layers completed.  Once it's completely dry (which only takes just a minute or two) it's all ready to add to your project.  :)


And voila!  Here is my completed project.  Doesn't it look cool????  This little beauty is from the Stamp Anniething ~ Mermaids.  The solid colors of cardstock are from Papertrey Ink.  I made the ocean floor using the DCWV ~ Cork Stack.  I cut the ocean floor and seashell with the Jaded Blossom ~ Tropical Dies.  The sentiments are from the same Mermaids stamp set.  And I cut the labels with the Jaded Blossom ~ Mini Tag Dies 2.

Copic Sketch Colors
Skin ~ E50, E51 E21, E93
Hair ~ YR14, YR18, E19, E79
Tail ~ YG03, YG17, YG67, BG49
Rock ~ C3 C5, C7, C9
Ocean ~ B97, BG49, YG17

Well my creative friends, that's it for me today.  I hope you enjoyed this fun little tutorial.  I will see you all again soon.  Have a great day!


3 comments :

GiGi said...

This is fantastic Cassandra! LOVE the tutorial and the card is beautiful!

Melissa said...

So perfect for this sweet mermaid. Just beautiful!!!

Christine Owens said...

Thanks for the tutorial Your card is great. Guess what tool I'm going out to buy LOL --C

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...