Sunday, January 18, 2015

Cancer Support

Hello everyone!  Unfortunately it seems that too many people around me right now are suffering from some form of cancer.  Totally sucks!  Here is a simple card I made for a guy friend of mine.  Didn't want to make it too girly...hope this works.


The white cardstock is from Papertrey Ink.  To cut the shaped piece in the background, I used the JB ~ Fancy Topper Die.  Instead of folding it in half as many people do when making treat bags, I just left it flat and it makes a wonderful background piece.  I cut the ribbon using the JB ~ Awareness Ribbon.  The sentiment is from the JB ~ Fight For A Cure and I stamped that with Versafine ~ Onyx Black Ink.  The little heart is from the JB ~ Journal Calendar and I stamped that with Hero Arts ~ Red Royal Shadow Ink.

That's it for me today.  I have a few more Cancer Support projects to share with you this week.  Hopefully it won't be too depressing.  It's hard, but crafting isn't just for the good times.  In fact, it's times like these when I think something hand made really makes a difference.  Have a good day everyone!  I will see you all again soon.

4 comments :

Melissa said...

Perfect card.. these type of cards are hard to make BUT so meaningful.

snappy scrappy said...

Perfect and CAS...LOVE!

quilt4fun2 said...

Perfect for a manly card! So sorry you are seeing so many friends suffering right now. Great job on your card.
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

liz at liz's paper loft said...

Cassandra, your CAS is really pretty. Yet it can still be masculine. I'm sorry that you even have to send it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...