Wednesday, October 1, 2014

My Creative Time ~ "What a Treat Wednesday"

Hello everyone!  And welcome to another "What a Treat Wednesday" with My Creative Time!  Yay...it's finally October!!!  What better way to start out this month than with a little Halloween Treat!!!  ;)


My "treat bag" is just a simple brown paper lunch bag.  I cut off some excess at the top so that it would fit the size of my tag better.  To cut my tag, I used the MCT ~ Tag Dies and the MCT ~ Tag Die Layers.  The black cardstock is from Papertrey Ink.  The fun patterned orange paper is from the Recollections ~ Halloween Basics collection.


To cut out the circular opening, I used one of the circle dies in the MCT ~ Bunch of Fun Circle Dies.  Inside, I used a fun clear treat holder and inside that - I added some fun sequins and beads.  Around the outside, I added some fun Trendy Twine ~ Orange Licorice twine.  At the top, the "Happy Halloween" and little bat are from the MCT ~ Wicked Fun Dies, as is the little spider in the lower right.  (The big spider in the lower left is actually part of the patterned paper).  To finish it off, I added some white crinkle ribbon and a bow with black hemp twine.


Well that's it for me today.  Make sure you head on over to My Creative Time to see what the rest of the Design Team has created.  I will see you all again soon.  Have a great day everyone!

ps....It's officially just a little more than 2 weeks until my next visit to Disneyland with my sister.  We are going to Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party.  Any guesses yet on our costumes???  Last year we were Minnie & Mickey.  This year....?????????

8 comments :

Joan Smith said...

Now Girl you have to know you took the ho hum brown paper bag and made is
SPOOKTACULAR!!! Love your tag you did a wicked awesome creative job love the shake...shake...shake of it all and with it being for Halloween I'm sure there'll be a little of Rattle & Roll too *LOL) You sure came up with a super fun idea. YOU ROCK!!!!!

jessica said...

Your gift tag ROCKS!!!! This is AWESOME Cassandra! LOVE the paper you used and you tag looks awesome on your gift bag!
Super job!

Kathy P said...

I love anything with sequins and it's a little shaker also what a fabulous idea. Thanks for the inspiration.

Kim H said...

Cassandra ~ Seriously AMAZING!!! LOVE the shaker tag with that paper bag ~ EEK! CUUUTE idea! As always ~ AMAZING ideas over here!

Miranda said...

I love that you used the brown paper bag and added the tag! What a great idea!!!! I may have to borrow it for my CCD class! LOL

snappy scrappy said...

Gorgeous, love your shaker tag!!!

quilt4fun2 said...

Beautiful tag/shaker. I love it!
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

Stacey's Creative Corner said...

I love how you put the sequins in the cup!! Such a cute tag and treat bag!! Hugs!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...