Tuesday, September 30, 2014

My Creative Time ~ "Try Me Tuesday"

Hello everyone!  And welcome to another "Try Me Tuesday" with My Creative Time.  For today's "Try Me" technique, we are making our own stencils with MCT Dies.  I don't usually use stencils all that often, so hopefully you will like how my card came out.  ;)

To make my stencil, I used some clear acetate, the MCT ~ Stitched Rectangular Frame Dies & More and MCT ~ Stitched Heart Layering Dies.  Then of course I had to add in my favorite rainbow colors of Mini Distress Inks.  


If you look closely, you can see the stencil at the bottom of this photo.  I used the largest rectangle in the MCT ~ Stitched Rectangular Frame Dies & More to cut my piece of acetate.  Then I used all three hearts in the MCT ~ Stitched Heart Layering Dies and randomly placed them on the acetate and cut them out.

 
The cardstock for the card base, the word "Smile" and the arrow are from Papertrey Ink.  The white cardstock is actually watercolor paper.  I was originally going to do this in a watercolor format, but that didn't work out too well...LOL.  Once again, I used the largest rectangle die in the MCT ~ Stitched Rectangular Frame Dies & More to cut the watercolor piece.


Next, I used the pretty frame dies also in the MCT ~ Stitched Rectangular Frame Dies & More.  Don't you just love the pretty stitching?!?  Inside, the word "Smile" is from the MCT ~ Happy Thoughts.  And the "You are loved so very much!" sentiment is from the MCT ~ Puffy Hearts Just For You.  I made it into a shaker card and put some pretty rainbow sequins in there.  ;)  The arrow is from the MCT ~ Stitched Capture Frame & Arrow Die.


Next, I laid my stencil on top of the watercolor piece.  And then dabbed in my favorite rainbow colors of Mini Distress Inks: Barn Door, Spiced Marmalade, Mustard Seed, Mowed Lawn, Faded Jeans, and Seedless Preserves. And for a bit of something extra, I added a few sequins to some of the hearts.


Well I hope you like how my project came out for today!  And I hope this motivates you to try something new too!  Make sure you head on over to My Creative Time to see what the rest of the Design Team has created.  I will see you all again tomorrow.  Have a great day everyone!

8 comments :

Nikki the *scrappinNavyWife* said...

RAINBOW colors and it's a SHAKER!!!! Love love LOVE...did I mention I love it??? :)

Julissa Ortiz said...

๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜ you ROCK!!!!!! Love it, amazing work

Joan Smith said...

OMG girl what an amazing and super beautiful card!! WOWIE WOOO you sure did one outstanding creative job I'm in awe of your rainbow hearts....and then how you created your shaker just amazing. Lucky person who gets your card they are in for one super treat!!

snappy scrappy said...

I love how this turned out...so pretty!!!

Kim H said...

Cassandra ~ Oh this turned out so BEAUTIFUL!! Okay first the hearts are seriously PERFECT!! Then your incredible inking along with the whole rainbow theme you have going on!! LOVE this Cassandra!!!

quilt4fun2 said...

Oh Yes! I do like it. Sequins, a shaker card and rainbow hearts are an awesome combination. Love the stitching inside and out. My guess is the watercolors bleed under the stencil. Fabulous job!
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

jessica said...

WOW! This is AWESOME Cassandra! LOVE the rainbow hearts!!!! And the shaker part too :)
AWESOME card!

Stacey's Creative Corner said...

This is so pretty! I love all those colorful hearts!! Hugs!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...