Wednesday, September 17, 2014

My Creative Time ~ "Inspiration Wednesday"

Hello everyone!  And welcome to another "Inspiration Wednesday" with My Creative Time.  For those of you who may be new to this, it's when we make any project we want using some kind of inspiration.  So you all know that I've been waiting and waiting for fall.  Well, in Phoenix, it's kinda hard to tell the shift of seasons when it stays hot here for so long.  But one sure sign for me that fall is coming is when I see the Halloween Candy showing up at the store!!!  :)  

With that being said, let's see if you can guess what the inspiration was for my card today.  (Just a little hint - I'm using the colors for my inspiration).


Any guesses???  My colors are white, orange and yellow.  Any guesses now???  ;)  Well let me tell you a little about my card and see if any of you can figure it out.  All of the different colors of cardstock are from Papertrey Ink.  The beautiful sentiment is from one of my favorite sets MCT ~ Floral Sentiments.


Don't you just love how Emma started adding stitching around the outside of some of her dies?  I sure do!  I used the MCT ~ Bunch Of Fun Circle Dies to make the background and I did the fun in-lay to the card itself.  The pretty flowers are from the MCT ~ Stitched Daisy Die and the leaves are the MCT ~ Stitched Leaves Dies.  If you look closely, you might be able to see that I added some pretty Wink of Stella to the center of the flowers. And then I added some fun ribbon for a bit more green.


Ok...who guessed it????  CANDY CORN!!!!!  Yep, that was my inspiration and let me tell you...IT WAS YUMMY. Yep...ALL OF IT!!!  In my defense, it was a pretty small bag!!!!   lol  ;)

Well that's it for me today.  Make sure you head on over to My Creative Time to see what the rest of the Design Team has created.  I will see you all again soon.

6 comments :

Joan Smith said...

OMG your card is so fun and beautiful and nope didn't guess it at all but girl what an inspiration and I'll bet by the time your card was created your inspiration was gone *LOL* but oh it was delish!!! I love so love the ways you used Miss Emma's goodies...gosh darn how clever and creative of you and my oh my ..... what a cool idea for a LO....YOU ROCK!!

sweetpeaemmalou said...

Very pretty card! Love the way you embellished the card with those pretty daisies! Now I can't wait for Halloween candy! :)

snappy scrappy said...

Beautiful!!!!

jessica said...

Love your inspiration and LOVE your card!!!
Gorgeous job Cassandra!

katieo said...

Awesome and yummy inspiration. I love the circles. I haven't used my set yet. Thanks for the inspiration

Kim H said...

Cassandra ~ Oh this is simply PERFECT! I think whomever receives this card will just ADORE it! Plus you used my FAVORITE die ~ it's my favorite flower of all time! Daisies are very strong flowers! Okay enough of the little lesson ~ needless to say I LURV it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...