Friday, August 1, 2014

My Creative Time ~ 34th Stamp & Die Release : BLOG HOP

Hello everyone!  And welcome to the My Creative Time ~ 34th Stamp & Die Release BLOG HOP!!!  You should have arrived here from Liz's blog.  If not, then make sure you head back to My Creative Time so that you can start at the beginning with Emma.  You definitely don't want to miss a thing!

For my project today, I made this fun little 6x6 framed piece featuring the brand new MCT ~ Stitched Decorative Banners.  Can you guess what it is?????  It's the Emerald City!!!  My sister's favorite movie is the Wizard of Oz, so I made this for her.  I just LOVE how it all turned out!


I created the beautiful Emerald City using the brand new MCT ~ Stitched Decorative Banners.  There are 3 different sizes of banners in this set and then I also made shorter and longer pieces as well.  All of the shiny and glittery papers are from DCWV.  And I added various sizes of gems to each emerald piece for an extra bit of bling.  For dimension and depth I also used different sizes of pop dots.  I just can't get over how pretty I think it turned out!!!  Hee!  :)


I cut the clouds using the MCT ~ Fly Away With Me Dies.  I know that technically they should be white, but I forgot to attach my blue piece to the background for the sky, so instead I just made blue clouds...lol.  The "Enjoy the Journey" sentiment is from the MCT ~ Life Is Good.  I cut the door to the Emerald City using the doggie door die in the MCT ~ Loyal Friends.  


Now of course you can't do a piece like this without Toto!!!!  So I cut the little fella using the MCT ~ Loyal Friends.  And it absolutely wouldn't be complete without a yellow brick road right?!?  I stamped that using the MCT ~ Wishing You Were Here and Yellow ~ Colorbox Ink.  LOVE IT!!!


I really hope you enjoyed my magical Emerald City piece today!  My sister absolutely loves it!!!  YAY!!!  :)

*****FREEBIE STAMP*****
Emma is offering this stamp "DREAM BIGGER" to the FIRST 100 shoppers!  YEP, you heard that right, this stamp will go to the FIRST 100 shoppers for FREE!  You do NOT have to add it to your cart, Emma and her shipping crew will automatically include it in your package, ONLY to the first 100 shoppers.  IF you happen to come through AFTER the 100th shopper, no worries because this will be available for sale.  Emma knows there will be questions on whether YOU made the first 100.  AFTER the 100 shoppers come through, then you will see this set available for PURCHASE along with the new release items.


*****BLOG HOP GIVEAWAY*****
For our Blog Hop Giveaway, Emma is giving away a $50 Gift Card to the "My Creative Time" store to ONE LUCKY winner!  ALL you have to do is leave a comment on each of our blogs.  You are NOT required to comment on EVERY SINGLE blog, but the more you comment on - the better chance you have for winning.  VERY IMPORTANT, PLEASE leave a way for us to contact you with your comment just in case "YOU" are the lucky winner.


*****SALE ALERT*****
ALSO, DON'T FORGET our sale is starting RIGHT NOW!  Use the code: SUMMER2014 to receive 20% off your entire purchase!  Sale ends on August 8th at midnight PST.  

Ok everyone, that wraps up the My Creative Time ~ 34th Edition Stamp & Die Release.  Here are all the sets in this release:











I hope you have enjoyed all of my Sneak Peeks this week.  I can't wait to see what the rest of the Design Team has created, so let's get hopping.  Your next stop in the hop is the talented Miss Kim, but in case you get lost along the way - here is the entire lineup:

Cassandra (that's me!)

Well my creative friends, that's it for me today.  HAPPY HOPPING & HAPPY SHOPPING!  I will see you all again soon. Have a great day!

48 comments :

Scraphappenswithrhonda said...

so darn cute love how it looks like the wizard of oz theme. hugs

Crafting Katie said...

Eeek! This is FABULOUS!!! You are so darn clever! Your sister will LOVE this!!! Just amazing!!!

Kimberly Jensen said...

Oh my gosh this is seriously creative!!! I love it! Awesome job!
Kimberly
cutie.jensen at gmail dot com

Carol said...

Love the 'big city' feel of this and the varieties of paper. Nice contrast between the hard lines of the skyscrapers and the soft edges of the flowers and cute pooch. Thanks for sharing.
XOXOX & Blessings,
Carol
hrhcva@gmail.com

snappy scrappy said...

OOOOOMMMMGGGGGG!!!! You didn't have to even tell me what it was...I knew it was the Emerald city...fabulous scene. I love the Wizard of Oz!!!

Ruthie Lopez said...

wow! very ingenious and beautiful card!
Thanks for sharing!
ruthie.scraper at gmail dot com

My Creative Time said...

HOLY MOLY!!!!!!!! This is just BRILLIANT & PERFECT Miss Cassandra! Your sister is going to cherish this FOREVER!!! THANK YOU!
HUGS! :)

DIANA L. said...

WOW!!!! I love it. The colors are beautiful together. I love how yu used the banner stamps and the scene you created is fantastic
Thank you for joining my DL.ART August linky party, Have a Blessed day, DIANA L.
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com http://dianamlarson.ctmh.com



Ulysses' mama said...

Very cute and creative card! What an excellent and different take on how to use that die! I love it!
Daladypej@aol.com

Jill Rugg said...

I knew as soon as I saw it that it was the emerald city-what a great idea! You are so creative!

jrugg@sctc.net

Amante del Papel said...

awesome idea, I hope you do not mind that the replicate is beautiful! amantedelpapel@gmail.com

TERIBERI2 said...

So so so creative!! LOVE THIS ♥♥

Jess said...

OMG I love this Cassandra!! One of my daughters birthday theme parties was The Wizard of Oz!
Hugs,
Jess
craftingwithjess@gmail.com

Gaylynn said...

How clever!!! You are so creative. Awesome work.
gsunshine11 @ tampabay DOT rr DOTcom

Joan Smith said...

OMG .... OMG!!! My fav movie too and girl talk about doing one outstanding clever and creative job you get the award...OMG
YOU so Rock!!

Joan Smith said...

OMG .... OMG!!! My fav movie too and girl talk about doing one outstanding clever and creative job you get the award...OMG
YOU so Rock!!

Jeri said...

OMG-Miss Cassandra, this is totally amazing. I knew I was going to see something GREAT from you today! Love, love, love the yellow brick road. Honestly, I don't know how you contain all your creativity! I get so much inspiration from you.
thomasjeri55atyahoodotcom

Sue D said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sue D said...

What a clever and creative idea--love it!
slrdowney at hotmail dot com

Shelly said...

What a spectacular idea and project!!! I want you for a sister !! This is awesome!!! Thanks for sharing your gorgeous project!

Cindy said...

OMG Cassandra, your project is just GORGEOUS and sooo SWEET!!! SUPER DUPER job as always, Have a GREAT weekend my friend!!! :)

Shar said...

WOW!!! I LOVE your yellow brick road and Emerald City!! And Toto, of course. Fantastic design, Cassandra! You rocked the hop, baby!

Shar said...

WOW!!! I LOVE your yellow brick road and Emerald City!! And Toto, of course. Fantastic design, Cassandra! You rocked the hop, baby!

CA Scrapper said...

Wow, that is a fantastic project!!! Your sister is going to love her Emerald City!

Leslie
cascrapper at gmail dot com

marylouh said...

Beautiful. Love the emerald color. The little puppy in the bottom of the frame is cute too.
Your sister will enjoy this.
txmlhl@yahoo.com

Nikki the *scrappinNavyWife* said...

OH. MY. GAWD!!!! I knew what it was immediately! EEK! Coolest thing ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

p.s. Lurve. ♥

D- said...

Okay sweetie this one literally took my breath away. I LOVE your Emerald City and your little doggie, too. {I said that doggie part with my witchy voice. lol} This is sooooo CUTE. Thanks for sharing.
Crafty hugs,
D~
DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot
dmcardmaker {at}{AOL}{dot}{COM}

(AJ) ArtJypsy said...

WOW. Fabulous picture. Clever use of the decorative banners. I would have never thought of this. Love it and Toto too. *U*

Crafty Moni said...

Cassandra, you are one talented lady. Super cute, and awesome job:) Adorable! Loved your card:) Thanks for sharing.

Peace, Love, & Creative Hugs!

Monica L.

moni023 at yahoo dot com

Charity Chamberlain said...

WOW! Your background is awesome! Love that you used the banners to make it as well. Very clever and amazing idea.
bizarrecreativity@gmail.com

Kim H said...

Cassandra ~ SHUT THE FRONT DOOR!!!! You seriously just hurt my jaw because it hit the darn floor!!!! EVERY single thing is utterly AMAZING!!!! WOW, WOW, WOW!!!!! Not enough words...

marg0006 said...

What a wonderful and creative idea. Awesome OZ scene and love how you put it together and framing it.

marg0006 at Verizon dot net

Ruthie @ SeptemberNinth said...

OMGosh!!! So creative!!! Love it Cassandra!

Hawks Nest Hobbies said...

Amazing job!From he negative effect of the clouds to the "banner" Emerald green city, little Toto and flowers,this is truly out of this world! Your sister is going to love it!!!

Hugs,
Debbie

crafthawk@centurylink.net

GlendaLea said...

I am in LOVE with this project!!! Oh my goodness!!!!! I love how you create cards and projects!!!!!!
Thanks for Sharing!!!
Glenda
Slatsinhi@yahoo.com

jessica said...

OMG Cassandra! This is OVER the TOP AMAZING!!!! How flippin' creative are you!!! WOWZERS girl I am so in love!
AMAZING job on your project and thanks for the inspiration!! This ROCKS!

Christine Owens said...

Love, love, love this! I can hear OZ LOL great idea! --C

Ginger said...

Super cute project!! Love how you created the Emerald City! And Toto is adorable!!

Kimberly said...

Love your cards! Super cute! Thanks for sharing!

Glora said...

You are SO dang creative! This is AMAZING!!!! I can see why your sister loves it! Amazing job on every little detail. SO many perfect and awesome My Creative Time goodies in this! AWESOME!!! Hugs- Glora
me(at)glorajean(dot)com

Lisa T. said...

Wow, how creative! :)

Lucy said...

We are not in Kansas anymore! This is soooo fabulous! Great way to make the buildings :-)

Luwe 07 at ya Hoo (dot) com

CarlavdM said...

Follow the yello brick road....what a superduper gift for your sister!
It turned out just wonderfull.

cm said...

Such a fabulous showcase of the new release! Your creativity and MCT products = recipe for awesome!
~c

Liz O. said...

OMG Cassandra!! your creativity never ceases to amaze me!!! Love your Emerald City idea, I may have to scrap lift it! :)
TFS
Have a wonderful day!
Liz
Unikbyyes.blogspot.com

quilt4fun2 said...

Your Sister is going to Happy Dance when she sees this cute gift! How very clever right down to using the stamp for the yellow brick road. Wow! Awesome job!
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

Alvina said...

Wow wow wow, you did a beautiful job, tfs.
alvinadiazatmsndotcom

Stacey's Creative Corner said...

This is beyond awesome!!! Absolutely stunning!! Hugs!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...