Wednesday, July 16, 2014

My Creative Time ~ "Whatever Wednesday"

Hello everyone!  It's time for another "Whatever Wednesday" with My Creative Time.  This is the day when we make any kind of project we want.  And my project today is a super special one.  My BFF asked me to make this beautiful home decor piece for some friends of hers.  I was super nervous to make such a special present for a couple I don't really know, but I absolutely love how it turned out.


This is an 8 x 10 frame from Hobby Lobby.  The beautiful background paper is from the DCWV ~ Bella Armoire stack.  The gold sparkly paper is from the DCWV ~ Glitzy Glitter stack.  And the white and black cardstock are from Papertrey Ink.


I cut the black and white pieces with the MCT ~ XL Label Die & MCT ~ Stitched XL Label Die.  I stamped the beautiful calendar with the MCT ~ Whimsical Calendar Days.  The pretty flowers are cut with the MCT ~ Flower Petal Dies.  And in the center is a beautiful heart gem from my stash.


The hearts in the upper left are cut with the MCT ~ Stitched Scallop Heart Die.  The two journal boxes are cut with the MCT ~ Square Stitched Goody Dies.  And the beautiful sentiments are from the MCT ~ Lots of Love.  And that tiny little heart is cut with the MCT ~ Stitched Sweetheart & XOXO Dies.  And I just have to say...isn't that the most beautiful photo?  Beautiful in so many ways.  I just love it.


Well, that's it for me today.  I'm happy to say that I found out they both absolutely loved it!!!  Yay!  Make sure you head on over to My Creative Time to see what the rest of the Design Team has created.  I will see you all again soon.  Have a great day everyone!

14 comments :

jessica said...

This is GORGEOUS Cassandra!!! WOW I LOVE the colors, LOVE the black and white picture and OMG your friend is going to FLIP when she sees this incredible project!!
Such an AWESOME home decor project and you used the PREFECT MCT products!!!!

snappy scrappy said...

Oh my...so gorgeous!!! I'll bet they LOVED it!!!

Stephanie said...

Absolutely gorgeous!!! Every detail is perfection!

Lisa said...

Beautiful job, love it.

Crafting Katie said...

This is just stunning! I bet they loved it!!!

Joan Smith said...

OMG your idea is a masterpiece. Your friend is going to love it!!
You sure did create one memorable piece that will be treasure forever!
You truly are one super talented creative genius. YOU ROCK!!

CA Scrapper said...

Wow, that is just gorgeous! You did a beautiful job on your project.

Leslie

quilt4fun2 said...

The beautiful background paper for your base was perfect for the photo as were the embellishments. They embellished the photo and not fight for attention. Fabulous job!
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

Crafty Moni said...

Beautiful! Love it:) Great job Cassandra/ Loved the paper and all the MCT embellishments.

Peace, Love, & Creative Hugs!
Monica L.

Sherrie K. said...

So beautiful Cassandra! I just love the papers and the fun MCT dies and stamps you used:) The layout is gorgeous! I am sure your friends loved it!!
Sherrie K

Stacey's Creative Corner said...

I can see why they loved it, it is absolutely gorgeous!!! Beautiful picture and I love the way you embellished it!! Hugs!

Christine Owens said...

Love the 'arch' in the back ground paper -- and the black n white photo with the gold accents is awesome! --C

Kim H said...

Cassandra ~ OH MY GOSH!!!! This is so GORGEOUS in so many ways! I LOVE the details, the picture, the papers, the products and how you used them! That frame is so PERFECT for this too! I wish the happy couple many years of bliss! They will LOVE it forever!!!

D- said...

OMGosh this is GORGEOUS. What a wonderful keepsake for them. They will cherish it forever. Thanks for sharing.
Crafty hugs,
D~
DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...