Thursday, July 10, 2014

My Creative Time ~ "Designer Challenge : Photo Inspiration"

Hello everyone!  It's time for another "Designer Challenge" with My Creative Time.  Today's challenge is a Photo Inspiration challenge.  The guidelines for this challenge:  Make a project using the photo below for inspiration.  You can use the water, boat, color palette or all of the above as your inspiration.

Here is the photo:


And here is my card:


I decided to use the orange & blue color combo as my inspiration.  This is a standard A2 size card.  All of the different colors of cardstock are from Paper Trey Ink.  The different shades of blue for the balloons however are from a paint sample strip.  I love using those!  ;)  I cut the balloons with the MCT ~ Stitched Party Dies.  The sentiments and heart are from the MCT ~ Happy Thoughts.  The ink is Monarch Orange ~ Ranger Archival Ink.

Well that's it for me today.  Make sure you head on over to My Creative Time to see what the rest of the Design Team has created.  I can't wait to see what you all make!!!  Have a great day everyone.  I will see you all again soon.

10 comments :

AJ Scrapbooking and Cards said...

Cassandra your card is so cute. I love the the single orange balloon. AJ-

snappy scrappy said...

Super cute!!

Joan Smith said...

Your card is so darling I love balloons You really did a fantastic
job making your balloon bouquet!!
Just a super fun card!!

Crafting Katie said...

Awesome card! Love all of your paint sample balloons! So fun!

D- said...

Thanks for sharing your WONDERFUL card. I love the single orange balloon amongst the blues.
Crafty hugs,
D~
DesignsByDragomfly.blogspot

mickeydee said...

Cute idea to use the color inspiration for the balloons.
dianne

quilt4fun2 said...

Here I was thinking I don't have much in the blues we need for the challenge...paint chips!!! Thanks for the reminder...hope they don't start charging for the chips. What a fun card and the Happy is so pretty and big...I love them for the sentiments. Fabulous job!
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

katieo said...

Fun balloon card. I love how you get subtle color changes when yoou use paint chips

Kim H said...

Cassandra ` Okay this is just FABULOUS! I LOVE how you used the colors from the photo and all the products! Seriously I was struggling with it and I can see you were NOT!!!! LOVE it!

~Tammy~ said...

This is so fun! I just love all the balloons! I have the stitched party dies on my wish list. The list is VERY long! :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...