Thursday, May 1, 2014

My Creative Time ~ Designer Challenge

Hello everyone!  Guess what??  It's time for another "Designer Challenge" with My Creative Time.  The guidelines for today's challenge:  Make a Mother's Day project or card using at least one MCT flower (it could be a flower stamp or a flower die).  

Instead of a traditional card, I decided to make a fun little gift bag.


This is a simple brown paper bag (the kind you use for lunches).  I cut it down a little so it would fit the gift inside and not be so tall.  


To decorate the bag, I made this fun flower.  The base is from the MCT ~ Stitched Doily Die.  Then I used a circle punch for the white piece.  I twisted two different colors of The Twinery twine and glued that to the border of the circle.  Then, on the inside of that circle and for the stem, I used the MCT ~ Stitched Pretty Flowers & Leaves Dies.  In the center, I added a Simple Stories ~ Enamel Dot.  And around the edges, I added a bunch of green gems from my stash.  I cut the label with the MCT ~ Vintage Stitched Label Die.  And the "Happy Mother's Day" sentiment is from the MCT ~ More Gift Card Sentiments.  The ink is Jet Black ~ Ranger Archival Ink.  And all of the cardstock is from Paper Trey Ink.


At the top, I used some fun ribbon from my stash and my hot glue gun to make the ruffles.  Then I used some hemp twine for the bow and added a pretty little flower to the center.


That's it, nothing fancy, but still kinda fun I think.  Make sure you head on over to My Creative Time to see what the rest of the Design Team has created.  And I hope you have time to enter this one...you know Emma always has a great prize at the end!!!  Have fun everyone!  I will see you all again soon.

9 comments :

jessica said...

This is such a fun project Cassandra! Love how you embellished your bag and the MCT stamps and dies look AWESOME on the front!!
GREAT project!

snappy scrappy said...

Love your gift bag...the ruffled ribbon is super cut, love your flower and bling too!!!

Stephanie said...

Wonderful gift bag.

Kim H said...

Cassandra ~ Oh how you too a simple plain brown bag and TOTALY made it BEAUTIFUL! LOVE every single detail ~ I would call dibs but I think you have someone special in mind! Wink!

quilt4fun2 said...

I love how the doily makes a super big flower...what a super idea! Fabulous job on your pretty bag.
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

Cindy said...

BEAUTIFUL job Cassandra, LOVE your gift bag!!!! Have a SUPER day my sweet friend :)

Crafty Moni said...

So cute! Great gift bag idea:)


Peace, Love, & Creative Hugs!
Monica L.

Stacey's Creative Corner said...

This is such a fun bag!! I love how you created that fabulous flower!!! I love it!!

Kigz said...

LOVE that ruffled ribbon, Cassandra! Super idea to use the doily for a flower! Glad I FINALLY broke down and grabbed it! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...