Wednesday, May 28, 2014

My Creative Time ~ Day 3 Sneak Peeks : 32nd Stamp & Die Release

Hello everyone!  So what do you think of everything so far??  I know right?!?!  AWESOME!!!  Today is Day 3 of Sneak Peeks.  And we are all showcasing 3 new sets:  Anchors & Heart Dies, Make A Splash Die and Hey Sailor!


Since Memorial Day was a couple of days ago AND Father's Day is just around the corner AND my daddy was in the Navy...I just HAD to make this fun card for him!!!  All of the solid colors of cardstock are from Paper Trey Ink.  And the fun patterned paper is from the Pink Paislee ~ Pen Pals collection.


To cut the kraft cardstock piece, I used the MCT ~ Stitched 4x6 Journal Die, but I cut it down a bit.  To cut the square piece on top of that, I used the MCT ~ 4x4 Journal Die & More.  I cut the waves using the brand new MCT ~ Make A Splash Die.  Above that, the super fun anchor and heart are cut with the brand new MCT ~ Anchors & Heart Die.  I added a bit of rope for a more realistic look.  The "I LOVE MY SAILOR!" sentiment is from the brand new MCT ~ Hey Sailor!.  And the "HAPPY FATHER'S DAY" sentiment is from the MCT ~ Lost At Sea.  The ink is Jet Black ~ Ranger Archival Ink.


For project #2, this is an A2 size card.  All of the solid colors of cardstock are from Paper Trey Ink.  I used the MCT ~ Stitched 4x6 Journal Die for the background piece, but cut it down a bit.  I used the MCT ~ Make A Splash for all of the waves.  For a bit of fun, I added some Frosted Lace ~ Stickles to the water.  In the background, you can see the anchor using the MCT ~ Anchors & Heart Die.  I used the MCT ~ Fly Away With Me Dies for the clouds.  And the sentiment is from the MCT ~ Hey Sailor!


To make my life preserver, I used the MCT ~ Bunch of Fun Circle Dies.  I wrapped some of  The Twinery ~ Maraschino Twine around it for the red parts.  And then for the rope around the edges, I used The Twinery ~ Charcoal Twine.


Totally loving the nautical theme aren't you?!?!?

***SNEAK PEEK GIVEAWAY!***
We will be giving away the sets we are showcasing each day to ONE lucky winner!  For example, the sets we are showcasing on Wednesday, Emma will announce the winner of that on Thursday and the sets we are showcasing on Thursday, Emma will announce the winner on Friday in her video.  ALL you have to do is leave a comment on each of our blogs!  You are NOT required to comment on EVERY SINGLE blog, but the more you comment on, the better chance you have for winning.  VERY IMPORTANT...PLEASE leave a way for us to contact you with your comment just in case YOU are the lucky winner.  For EXTRA entries, you can spread the word about this release on Facebook, tweet about it or even instagram it.  #mycreativetime.  GOOD LUCK EVERYONE and let's start spreading the word!   ;)
*************************

Well that's it for me for Day 3 of Sneak Peeks.  Make sure you head on over to My Creative Time to see what the rest of the Design Team has created.  I will see you all again tomorrow for our very last day of Sneak Peeks.  Have a great day everyone!


48 comments :

VICTORIA said...

Love your cards wow I can't get over how awesome this release is its totally my favorite of all!!! TFS Vicky
win_or_lose52@hotmail.com

Debbie said...

love how you wrap the lifesaver, it gave it such dimension
upnurse at aol dot com

GlendaLea said...

Both of your cards are amazing!!! I really LOVE this release!
Glenda
slatsinhi@yahoo.com

Pamela said...

Cassandra you always have the cutest cards....great job and thanks for sharing
pamspurpleloft@gmail.com

Joan Smith said...

Your cards are so stunning love so love how you used Sneak Peek Day 3
so clever and creative R U!!
These sets are totally awesome and you did the proud. Miss Emma's goodies so rock!!

Seahorse Creations said...

Love anything Nautical, love your cards.

jessica said...

AWESOME AWESOME cards Cassandra!
OMG I am so LOVING all of your inspiration for this new release!!
Have a GREAT day :)

snappy scrappy said...

Gorgeous cards Cassandra!!! Love the twine on the life saver...fab!

Lady Fair said...

So happy to see so many masculine themed projects - yay! Your cards are so well thought out - great design and use of nautical colors. The stickles really add dimension to the waves.

lindagk23 said...

WOW! I love your cards! They are just awesome! Super cute release! Thanks so much for sharing! lindagk23ataoldotcom

CathyinMN said...

Both of your cards are so fun! Love the extras you added for dimension and texture.
cathyscreationstation at gmail dot com

Amante del Papel said...

Both cards are amazing, but my fav was the first, this hart are fantastic!

Jeri said...

Two more super adorbs cards, Cassandra. Your dad is going to love his Father's Day card since he was a navy man. I love how you wrapped the red twine around the lifesaver on your other card. That's a great idea and looks awesome.
thomasjeri55atyahoodotcom

Crafting Katie said...

Fabulous cards, Cassandra! Such a fun layout on the heart one, and the glitter on the waves is so pretty on the other!

Glora said...

Beautiful, awesome, perfect. I love both of these my friend. You make such beautiful cards. That wave die has been on my wish list for a while! WOO HOO! Hugs- Glora
me(at)glorajean(dot)com

Stacey's Creative Corner said...

Your daddy is going to love that card!! I love both of them and adding glitter to the waves on the second card was such a fab idea!! Awesome!! Hugs!!

TERIBERI2 said...

OMG your cards are SOOOO cute!! Love how you wrapped the red twine to make the lifesaver ♥♥ Hugs, T

Gaylynn said...

Wonderful showcase again today Cassandra. It's gonna be hard to resist not getting all of these sets.
gsunshine11 @ tampabay DOT rr DOT com

Sue D said...

Love both of your cards!!
slrdowney at hotmail dot com

jean said...

LOVE what u did with the hearts an anchor!!!!

keysha said...

I am loving this theme! Your cards are so adorable! I especially love the one with the wavesUsing the stickles really makes it stand out! Cant wait to see what else is in store for us from this release.

keyshasain@yahoo.com

Kim H said...

Cassandra ~ Oh my word these are AMAZING!! I LVOE the first one and of course the papers and details! But the 2nd one ~ EEK! CUUUUTE! I am going to have to steal this idea from you with the lifesaver!!!

Angela Crafty Spot said...

Great cards!! Love the new dies!
Angela
chewiescrappin@hotmail.com

Shelly said...

Cassandra, you ALWAYS come up with something fabulous and today is no different! Amazing, love all the details and the awesome touches of glitter! Fabulous sneaks!!
Have a WONDERFUL day!
Shelly

Helen said...

What fun and fabulous cards!!
hbisesi@comcast.net

Helen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Helen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Alvina said...

Both card are beautiful Cassandra, tfs.

Charity Chamberlain said...

Great cards!!!! Love how you did the waves on the second card by accenting the tops!!!
bizarrecreativity@gmail.com

quilt4fun2 said...

Beautiful job on your cards...not as easy as you would think...great paper and color choices. I always love a great pretty font and the new release looks wonderful and has some nice sentiments. Fabulous job on your cards.
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

mickeydee said...

I love what you have made with this new release. Love how you wrapped the red twine around the life saver.Love the shine on the waves and the cute anchors. Perfect for a man card.
mickeypaltwoatmsndotcom

CA Scrapper said...

That's a fantastic Father's Day card.

Leslie
cascrapper at gmail dot com

marylouh said...

The stickers added to the tips of the waves does add the look of foam. Love that card. there's so much movement in the card. txmlhl@yahoo.com

Teresa Godines #6857 said...

Awesome projects. I just love the heart attached to the anchor. Very cute. TFS

resatwo at sbcglobal dot net

creativebee65 said...

Love both of your cards! Great inspiration! Thanks for sharing your talent.
Treasa
treasaknight@gmail.com

Tina said...

Amazing details on your cards, Cassandra!

Tina
aurathentic@gmail.com

Mimi said...

Love your inspiration with these cards! So stinking cute. Can't wait until Friday!

cbarwick@comcast.net

Nina said...

That thick twine is a wonderful element for your card.
Nslee@comcast.net

ScrappingLatina said...

Luv how you linked the heart and anchor... Soooo cute... Luv this release... Tfs. Scrappinglatina@aol.com

Kristi Poling said...

Love your waves.
Kristi
kidshomelove atyahoo.com

Linsey said...

Ahoy Miss Cassandra! OMG both of these are SO stinkin fabulous!!! Ugh, I can hardly wait to buy these just so I can make some cards that look like yours!! TFS you crafty little lady!!! :)

marg0006 said...

WOW, both cards are just awesome. Love the die cuts and the great sentiments.

marg0006 at Verizon dot net

Darlene said...

I love all things Nautical! your cards are awesome!

desaucier at bellsouth dot net

Jennifer s said...

I am loving these new stamps and dies! Gorgeous cards!

Alicia R. said...

OMG!! These new stamps and dies are amazing!!
I love your two cards!!

samjes2@verizon.net

Liz O. said...

Amazing cards as always Cassandra! The new sets are fantastic!I am sure your dad will love his card... Thanks for sharing!
Have a wonderful day!
Liz O.
unikebyyes(at)yahoo(dot)com

DIANA L. said...

Awesome love the heart and anchor. Have a blessed day
DIANA L.
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com http://dianamlarson.ctmh.com

Momof4inArlington said...

I love both cards! The heart linked to the anchor is a sweet touch...your dad will love it! I love the twine-wrapped "life preserver".
rjtlkmorris1atgmaildotcom

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...