Friday, May 30, 2014

My Creative Time ~ 32nd Edition Stamp & Die Release

Hello everyone!  And welcome to the My Creative Time ~ 32nd Edition Stamp & Die Release.  You should have arrived here from Liz's Blog, if not - then make sure you head back to My Creative Time so you can start at the beginning with Emma.  You definitely do not want to miss a thing!!!

For my project today, I am featuring the brand new Stripey Background, Pretty Butterflies & Dragonfly Dies and Live, Love Laugh & Be Happy.


As you can see, I branched out into something a little different today and made a Home Decor piece.  My sister moved back home to Arizona a few weeks back.  And since the last couple of years have been a little rough, I wanted to make an inspirational piece for her to put in her room.  All of the different elements have special meaning.  I absolutely LOVE how it turned out.  I think it's my most favorite gift I have ever made!!!


To start with, I used the MCT ~ Stripey Background in the upper left and lower right corners.  But I only stamped part of the background because I wanted to make them kinda look like piano keys.  The "Spread your wings and fly!" sentiment is from the MCT ~ Live, Love, Laugh & Be Happy.  If you look closely, you can also see the little hearts in the corner.  I used the MCT ~ 4x4 Journal Die & More to cut those.


To cut the word "believe" I used the MCT ~ Lowercase Fun Dies.  I cut them in a soft gray cardstock from Paper Trey Ink.  I just wanted a "hint" of the word, kinda so you could see it, but it wasn't the focal point.


Next, and my favorite part, the beautiful beautiful butterflies.  I cut those with the smallest die in the MCT ~ Pretty Butterflies & Dragonfly Dies.  Now...the cool part...to get the perfect color (to match the wall color in her bedroom), I went to the paint store and grabbed a couple of those paint sample thingies.  That's how I got the graduated colors...I think they call that "ombre".  The tedious part...adding all of those tiny little pearls, but it was sooo worth it.


And the best part....my sister LOVED it!!!!   :)  Doesn't it match her room perfectly???  Love it!!!  Ok, now for the good stuff:

*****"Emma's Birthday Month FREEBIE"*****


Since this was Emma's Birthday month, she wanted to do something EXTRA SPECIAL for this release! She is giving away this FUN new "Social Media Dies" set to the FIRST 150 shoppers!  YEP, you heard that right...this set will go to the FIRST 150 shoppers for FREE!  You do NOT have to add it to your cart, Emma and her shipping crew will automatically include it in your package...ONLY to the FIRST 150 shoppers.  IF you happen to come through AFTER the 150th shopper, no worries - because this will be available for sale.  

Emma knows there will be questions on whether YOU made the first 150.  AFTER the 150 shoppers come through, then you will see this set available for PURCHASE along with the new release items.

*****BLOG HOP GIVEAWAY*****
For our blog hop giveaway, Emma is giving away a $50 gift card to the My Creative Time Store to ONE LUCKY winner!  ALL you have to do is leave a comment on each of our blogs.  You are NOT required to comment on EVERY SINGLE blog, but the  more you comment on, the better chance you have for winning.  VERY IMPORTANT...PLEASE leave a way for us to contact you with your comment just in case "YOU" are the lucky winner.

*****SALE ALERT*****
Also, DON'T FORGET our sale that is starting RIGHT NOW!!!  Use the code: MAY2014 to receive 20% off your entire purchase.  Sales ends on June 6th at midnight PST.

Ok everyone, that wraps up the My Creative Time ~ 32nd Edition Stamp & Die Release.  Here are all the sets in this release:












I hope you have enjoyed all of the Sneak Peeks this week.  I can't wait to see what the rest of the Design Team has created, so let's get hopping!  Your next stop on the hop is the fabulous Miss Kim, but in case you get lost along the way - here is the entire lineup:

Cassandra (that's me!)

Well my creative friends, that's it for me.  HAPPY HOPPING & HAPPY SHOPPING!   I will see you all again soon.  Have a great day!

53 comments :

snappy scrappy said...

This is so beautiful Cassandra, I'll bet she LOVES it!!! Lee-Ann :)

Kimberly said...

Great shadow box! I absolutely love the butterflies! TFS!

bumblebee creations said...

Oh my goodness, is that ever GORGEOUS!!!

DIANA L. said...

Great idea Cassandra I love the color and the butterflies and yeas It matches your sisters room perfectly. Have a blessed day
DIANA L.
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com http://dianamlarson.ctmh.com

Alvina said...

Wow, your project is beautiful, thanks for sharing, I love the new release!
alvinadiazatmsndotcom

Cindy said...

OMGOSH Cassandra, GORGEOUS job!!!!your frame is just AMAZING, Have a SUPER weekend my friend!!!! :)

Glora said...

Absolutely BEAUTIFUL! It does match perfectly and I'm so glad she loves it. She is so lucky to have you! Hugs- Glora
me(at)glorajean(dot)com

VICTORIA said...

Love your wall art!!! The little butterflies are awesome TFS :)
Vicky
win_or_lose52@hotmail.com

Shelly said...

Awesome, awesome!!! Love this gorgeous project!!!

Hawks Nest Hobbies said...

What a beautiful way to use the new butterfly set! She will love this!

Debbie,

crafthawk@centurylink.net

Joan Smith said...

Your home dec piece turned out so beautiful gosh talk about the calm and serenity of it all you nailed it girl and your sis is going to love and cherish it and she will feel so great every time she looks at it as she will fell you close by. Girl you outdid yourself with your amazing piece.

Tina said...

Beautiful and inspirational home-decor piece.

Tina
aurathentic@gmail.com

Mindy said...

all the cute projects and ideas
thx for sharing mindy1qc@msn.com

Teresa Godines #6857 said...

Such a wonderful project. I love the one butterfly breaking away from the group. Love the colors too. TFS

resatwo at sbcglobal dot net

Crafty Moni said...

So cute! Loved the picture frame decor.

Peace, Love, & Creative Hugs!
Monica L.

moni023 at yahoo dot com

Crafting Katie said...

Cassandra, this is stunning! Your sister will adore it! I love that little butterfly flying off on its own direction!

CA Scrapper said...

OMG, that is gorgeous!! You did an amazing job, I just love it. Your sister must have been thrilled with your gift.

Leslie
cascrapper at gmail dot com

cm said...

Such a thoughtful, heart-warming inspiring gift for your sister; one she will treasure! Fabulous showcase of the new release! I just ordered...excited to play once they arrive!
c

Linda Anne Calderone said...

OMG, I'm in love with Emma's stamps and dies! I ended up with 2 orders, because I just had to go back and get more!!! I'll most certainly be ordering more once I have more money. BTW love the videos and your projects too!

http://annecards.blogspot.com

Kristie Goulet said...

Very pretty shadow box! Love it!

Kim H said...

Cassandra ~ Oh my word I LOVE it! I LOVE the idea of the background stamp slightly stamped on the sides, the sentiments, the colors, all the BEAUTIFUL butterflies( pondering the thought of how long this took you to do btw) and honestly the reason behind it ~ your sister! BEAUTIFULLY done and I bet she LOVED it!!!!

My Creative Time said...

WOW!!! THis is GORGEOUS Miss Cassandra! YOur sister will cherish this forever! GREAT job & THANK YOU!
HUGS,
Emma:)

Melissa said...

Such a beautiful job, love it1

mzcherub at gmail dot com

Stacey's Creative Corner said...

I know why she loved it...it is gorgeous!!!! I love all those butterflies and all the detail that you put into this!! Hugs!!

Linda Anne Calderone said...

OMG, I'm in love with Emma's stamps and dies! I ended up with 2 orders, because I just had to go back and get more!!! I'll most certainly be ordering more once I have more money. BTW love the videos and your projects too!

http://annecards.blogspot.com

Jeri said...

Oh my word! This is just such a wonderful home décor project! Love this!
thomasjeri55atyahoodotcom

CathyinMN said...

Of course she loved it! She'd be crazy if she didn't. Your shadow box is beautiful and such a wonderful work of heart.
cathyscreationstation at gmail dot com

Kimberly Jensen said...

Wow I love this! Those butterflies are so pretty and the purple is awesome!! Kimberly- cutie.jensen at gmail.com

jean said...

looks like butterflies escaping at a wedding very pretty!!

Amante del Papel said...

OMG!!!! I love your frame, is stunning, I want it one!!!! amantedelpapel@gmail.com

quilt4fun2 said...

I love what you did with the paint chips and butterflies...they do match the wall perfectly (love the purple wall). The stripes do look like piano keys and I like the rebel butterfly. Fabulous job on a meaningful and pretty framed piece. Love it!
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

Jean Bullock said...

Oh, I love it. It IS perfect for the room. Love those tiny butterflies. Amazed at all those pearls. Well done. giveawayjeanatgmaildotcom

Lucy said...

This is a lovely gift! So pretty :-)

marg0006 said...

Sweet card. Great idea.

marg0006 at Verizon dot net

marg0006 said...

Sweet card. Great idea.

marg0006 at Verizon dot net

marg0006 said...

Sweet card. Great idea.

marg0006 at Verizon dot net

marg0006 said...

Sweet card. Great idea.

marg0006 at Verizon dot net

marg0006 said...

Sweet card. Great idea.

marg0006 at Verizon dot net

GlendaLea said...

Love the Butterflies in the frame!!!!
Glenda
slatsinhi@yahoo.com

GlendaLea said...

Love the Butterflies in the frame!!!!
Glenda
slatsinhi@yahoo.com

jessica said...

WOWZERS Cassandra! This is gorgeous!!!! Over the top amazing!!!! LOVE all the butterflies!
Super job with the new release!!!
Have a GREAT weekend!

Donna said...

Beautiful wall art! I love how the colours go from dark to light. ddigby@shaw.ca

Wanda M. said...

Cassandra, I'm sure your sister will love the shadow box. What a great gift for her. Thank you for sharing your talent.

marylouh said...

I love to use butterflies and there are so many in this project. makes be happy to see them all fluttering off. Love the pickets with the purple netting. Great project. thanks for sharing.
txmlhl@yahoo.com

Mimi said...

Lovely gift idea! I bet it was fun cutting out all those little butterflies!!

Well worth it, right?

cbarwick@comcast.net

Lady Fair said...

Love the graduated butterflies, thanks for the tip on how you did that. :)

Angela Crafty Spot said...

Great gift for you sister!! Love the butterflies!!
Angela
chewiescrappin@hotmail.com

Charity Chamberlain said...

Terrific shadow box! All the butterflies are beautiful and I of course love that they are purple!
bizarrecreativity@gmail.com

aremus said...

Beautiful! I know your sister will love it! TFS!
amandaremus@gmail.com

Sue D said...

Very pretty with all the butterflies!
slrdowney at hotmail dot com

D- said...

Oh Cassandra this is BEAUTIFUL. Both the creation and the reason why. What a thoughtful way to help and support your sister.
You touched my heart and brought tears to my eyes with this one sweetie.
Thanks so much for sharing.
Crafty hugs,
D~
DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot
DMCARDMAKER{at}{AOL}{dot}{COM}

Gaylynn said...

Wow, this is a treasure. What a beautiful and creative gift.
gsunshine11 @ tampabay dot rr dot com

liz at liz's paper loft said...

cassandra, you out did your self this release! ooooh and your butterfly picture is too die for!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...