Tuesday, March 25, 2014

My Creative Time ~ "Try Me Tuesday"

Hello everyone!  It's time for another "Try Me Tuesday" with My Creative Time.  For those of you who may be new to this, it's when we make a project by trying out a new technique.  For today's technique, we are making a card base using a MCT Die.

Here is my take on this new technique:


Originally, what I did was make a card using the MCT ~ Stitched Doily Die.  I will show you what that looks like in a second.  But after my card was all done, it was a little fragile at the connector point so then I added the whole card to this square base cut with the MCT ~ 4x4 Journal Die & More.  I stamped the face with the PKS ~ Sweet On You Face Asst.  I added some sequins and pearls from my stash.  And then added a bow with The Twinery ~ Mandarin & Marigold Twine.


This is what the card looks like when it's open.  On the inside of the card, I added this sweet sentiment from the MCT ~ It's All About You.  

Well that's it for me today.  Make sure you head on over to My Creative Time to see what the rest of the Design Team has created.  I will see you all again soon.  Have a great day everyone!

12 comments :

Joan Smith said...

Your card is so pretty and cute!!
Love the bright sunshinny yellow sure is a pick me up and the face on on your sunshine is so stinkin' cute and love the look of the baker's twine. Great ways you used Miss Emma's goodie.

snappy scrappy said...

Super cute!!!

Kim H said...

Cassandra ~ Oh this is such a CUTE card! I LOVE that you used the doily die for this! Never thought about this one! Of course LOVE all the details too! This card is so bright and happy ~ leaving with a huge smile on my face! TU!

candio said...

Cute Card!! Love the dies you used for card base!

quilt4fun2 said...

Beautiful! Love the Peachy face and sequins with pearls. I like the way you used the twine. Wonderful job!
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

Sherrie K. said...

Oh my gosh, what a fun and cheerful card! Love the doily and the fun twine around the face! That face is adorable! LOVE, love!
Always fun to see your projects!
Sherrie K

jessica said...

This is so super CUTE Cassandra!! LOVE that sweet PK face too!!
AWESOME job!

Lucía Ardón said...

This is so Adorable!!! I love it!!! :D

Cindy said...

SUPER FUN card Cassandra, LOVE the PK face!!!!just too CUTE, Have a SUPER week my friend!!! :)

mickeydee said...

Your card looks bright and happy. The colors you used are perfect for this.
mickey pal 2 at msn dot com

Stacey's Creative Corner said...

This is adorable!! I love how you used that doily and that face is perfect!! Hugs!!

Maureen Reiss said...

OMG!! This is sooooo ADORABLE!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...