Thursday, March 20, 2014

My Creative Time ~ "Thrifty Thursday"

Hello everyone!  And welcome to another "Thrifty Thursday" with My Creative Time.  For those of you who may be new to this, it's when we make a project with our scraps or recycled items.  For my card today, all of the patterned paper and cardstock are from my scraps...wahoo!!


I made this card for a super sweet friend of mine who LOVES tulips!!!  They are not exactly tulips, but hey...I was being creative!!  ;)  


The border at the top is cut with the MCT ~ Fun Stitched Edge Dies.  That fun patterned paper is from the Doodlebug Design ~ Take Note collection.  All of the cardstock is Paper Trey Ink.  I made the fun tulips with the egg die in the MCT ~ Hello Chickie!  And their super cute faces are stamped with the PKS ~ Kawaii Face Assortment.  The stems are cut with the stem die in the MCT ~ Stitched Daisy Die.  And the grass is cut with the MCT ~ Stitched Grass Die.


The square is cut with the MCT ~ Square Stitched Goody Dies.  And the "Smile it's your day!" sentiment is from the MCT ~ It's All About You.  The bottom label is cut with the MCT ~ Vintage Stitched Label Dies and the "Happy Birthday" sentiment is from the MCT ~ Gift Card Sentiments.  All of the ink is jet black ~ Ranger Archival Ink.

On the back of the card I added the the gift card, but I forgot to take a picture of that...oops!  Well, that's it for me today.  Make sure you head on over to My Creative Time to see what the rest of the Design Team has created.  I will see you all again soon.

15 comments :

DIANA L. said...

OK you did it this time Tulips are my favorite flower and I know I am just going to have to have this die.
What a sweet card Casandra. Have a great day
DIANA L.
dianamlarson.blogspot.com

Joan Smith said...

Oh Cassandra I love your card eeeek so excited for Spring to come and just looking at your card it screams Spring. What a fun way to present a gift card gosh your card is a gift in itself as it's so beautiful and after all "Created by Cassandra"
Love how you used Miss Emma's goodies. You are so talented!!!!!

Joan Smith said...

OOPS!! I forgot to say when I saw your card I got so eggcited as Tulips are my favorite Spring flower and your idea is fun, clever and it totally ROCKS!!! YOU ROCK!!!

snappy scrappy said...

Too cute, love the eggs as tulips!!!
Lee-Ann :)

Crafting Katie said...

Adorable, Cassandra! I think the egg die makes great tulips! Super cute!

Kim H said...

Cassandra ~ So darn CUUUTE! I LOVE all the happy paper you used! Always so refreshing to see when I come over here! Plus the sentiment TOTALY fits this card! BEAUTIFULLY done as always!

Glora said...

This is AWESOME. I love that you used the cracked egg die for the tulips. They look AWESOME. I'm totally going to 'pin' this so I can 'borrow' that idea for later! Awesome job!!!! Hugs- Glora

mickeydee said...

Your card is so bright and cheerful. The faces on the tulips are so sweet, it makes me smile just looking at them!
Mickey pal 2 at msn dot com

quilt4fun2 said...

Very clever to use the eggs for tulips...I love it. What a very colorful and happy card. Great job!
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

jessica said...

This is super ADORABLE Cassandra!! What a clever idea to use the egg die as a tulip!! I LOVE your card and so will your friend!!!

liz at liz's paper loft said...

cassandra, this is soo cute! you should enter it into the PK challenge!

Christine Owens said...

They're perfect tulips...flower petals are never perfect in size anyways. She'll love it! --C

Maureen Reiss said...

Super cute card! Love the tulips, feeling like Spring!!

Sherrie K. said...

Your tulips are adorable and love the fun scene and awesome sentiments! your friend will love it-sure to put a smile on her face!
Sherrie K

Cindy said...

Your card is just ADORABLE with those sweet little tulips, TOO CUTE my friend!!! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...