Friday, March 14, 2014

My Creative Time ~ "Little Bitty Blog Hop"

Hello everyone!  And welcome to this fun "MINI" release blog hop!  If you did not arrive here from Liz's blog, then you might want to start off at the beginning of the hop HERE - because there is NOTHING you want to miss! Emma has been getting SEVERAL requests to make a die to coordinate with her cute Typewriter stamp that is in the "Once Upon A Time" stamp set.  As for the "Never Be Lost" set, well...this is a MUST HAVE for LOTS of fun projects such as your project life albums, scrapbook pages, smashbooking, cards, etc.  The possibilities are simply endless with these 2 new items!  Sit back, relax and hop along with us to see some AMAZING and DIFFERENT ways to use these 2 "tiny but mighty" new items!   ;)


I'm sure you know by now, that this little die is technically called a "geo-tag", but I thought I would show you how it could be used as a flame for a birthday candle.  How fun is that?!?  Ok, all of the solid colors of cardstock are from Paper Trey Ink.  And the pretty patterned papers are from the My Mind's Eye ~ Ooh La La collection.


To make the cupcake, I used the MCT ~ Celebrate Good Times.  For the candle, I used the label die in the MCT ~ Chocolate Greetings.  And for flame, I used the 'geotag' in the brand new MCT ~ Never Be Lost.  To make the frosting, I took some fun "xoxoxo" ribbon from my stash (I think it's from SEI, but I can't remember) and all I did was use the hot glue gun - add a dab of glue, fold some ribbon over and repeat.  Then I put the whole thing on pop dots for dimension.


On the left side of the card, I used one of the MCT~ Fun Stitched Edge Dies.  Then I added a bow with some hemp twine and in the center I put a little flower gem with a pearl in the center.  For the tag and sentiment, I used the MCT ~ Teeny Tag Greetings.


Since you all have seen the typewriter stamp already, I thought I would use the stamp and die in a more traditional way.  I thought this card would be a fun way to give a crafty gift card to a friend.  :)  The black card base is from Recollections. The gray background is from the Echo Park ~ Chillingsworth Manor collection. And I cut that piece using the MCT ~ Stitched 4x6 Journal Die.  I used some hemp twine at the bottom and added a couple of little red flowers from my stash.


I used the brand new MCT ~ Typewriter Die and the typewriter stamp from the MCT ~ Once Upon A Time.  All 3 sentiments are from that set as well.  The inks are black & vermillion ~ Ranger Archival Ink.


*****BLOG HOP GIVEAWAY!!*****
Go ahead and leave your comments for a chance to win "APRIL'S NEW RELEASE"!!!  It is AWESOME and we can't wait for you to see it!  Don't forget to leave a way for us to contact you should you be the LUCKY WINNER!  Random.org will choose the winner and the winner will be announced on Emma's blog on Wednesday of next week.
**************************

Ok everyone, that wraps up this mini release.  Here are both sets in the release:



I don't know about you, but I can't wait to see what the rest of the Design Team has created.  So let's get hopping.  You're next stop along the hop is the talented Miss Kim, but in case you get lost along the way - here is the entire blog hop lineup:

Cassandra (that's me!)

Well my creative friends, that's it for me.  I hope you all have a fabulous weekend!  HAPPY HOPPING & HAPPY SHOPPING everyone!!!  See you all again soon.

49 comments :

Cindy said...

Love, love, love your card! Great idea to use that little "geo tag" as a flame and your frosting is SO CUTE!

Janis PauseDreamEnjoy said...

Love the candle flame. How creative. And love the SU saying in the typewriters!
:) Janis
66cricket@gmail.com

My Creative Time said...

WOW!!! What an ADORABLE WAY to use that geotag!!!!!!!!! Your typewriter card is PERFECT!!!!!!!!!
BIG HUGS,
Emma:)

My Creative Time said...

WOW!!! What an ADORABLE WAY to use that geotag!!!!!!!!! Your typewriter card is PERFECT!!!!!!!!!
BIG HUGS,
Emma:)

cm said...

Two amazing cards to showcase these new dies! The geo tag as the candle's flame - brilliant! The trio of typewriters with inspiration words: uplifting! Love these!
c (cmayne@shaw.ca)

GlendaLea said...

Cute way to use the GEO Die!!!!
slatsinhi@yahoo.com

candio said...

Love how you used the geotag as a candle ~ very creative!! Great cards ~ love them both!!

Cindy said...

GORGEOUS job with both cards Cassandra, LOVE them both!!! Have a GREAT weekend my friend!!! :)

Joan Smith said...

Wholly Quacamole what great cards you created!! I love both of them talk about being clever and creative and your typewriter idea is awesome.

Sue D said...

I like your creative use of dies on the cupcake card and love the frosting.
I like the row of typewrites and crafty words on the second card.
slrdowney at hotmail dot com

CA Scrapper said...

Wow, awesome projects!! Love the cupcake!

Leslie
cascrapper at gmail dot com

Marie Campagna said...

Your cupcake is soooo adorable and real like. It made me hungry. Great job

Jess said...

OMG Cassandra!! Love both your cards especially the cupcake one. Just love how you used the ribbon, very impressive!
Hugs,
Jess
craftingwithjess@gmail.com

D- said...

Thanks for sharing both of your sweet cards.
LOVE the ribbon frosting and geo flame.
Crafty hugs,
D~
DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot
DMCARDMAKER at AOL dot COM

AJ Scrapbooking and Cards said...

OMG Cassandra your cup cake is so cute!!! I love that you used ribbon for the icing and awesome idea for the flame.

Kim H said...

Cassandra ~ Oh my word this is so CLEVER!! I LOVE the geotag used as a flame for a candle! Then how you did the cupcake ~ so CUTE! FABULOUS card for the typewriter ~ we were on the same wavelength again... using some of the sentiments! hehehehe! AMAZING as always!

TERIBERI2 said...

Yikes.....these cards are so much fun!! Love how you used the geotag for the candle ♥♥ Hugs, T

TERIBERI2 said...

Oh and I forgot to mention the cupcake top made with the ribbon.....FABULOUS!!!!

Janis said...

A candle flame!!! Brilliant idea. Also love the row of typewriters!!!
<3 J

jwoolbright at gmail dot com
HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

Karen Varney said...

What an adorable candle flame that tag makes....never thought of that at all. I also like the card, and agree with you that it would be perfect to send to a crafter. Thanks so much.

snappy scrappy said...

Gorgeous cards....LOVE the cupcake with ribbon icing...FAB!!! Lee-Ann :)

jessica said...

Super AWESOME cards Cassandra! I just love the idea of using the geotag as a flame....so CREATIVE!!
And that typewriter card is AWESOME too!!!!
GREAT job!

Glora said...

He he, I'm loving all the EXTRA ways to use the geotag dies. SO dang CUTE!!!! I love it as a birthday candle flame. AWESOME! I love your typewriter card too. It is SO super classy!!!! Hugs- Glora
me(at)glorajean(dot)com

VICTORIA said...

Wow I love that you used the new die to make a flame for the candle and you other card is just beautiful fantastic job on both
Vicky
win_or_lose52@hotmail.com

Stacey's Creative Corner said...

I love how you made that candle!! So creative!! The typewriter card is so pretty!!! I love it!! Great projects!!!

Hugs,
Stacey

Marla said...

What a great way to use that geo tag. TFS Love your typewriter card. mghowell8@msn.com

Brenda said...

oH WoW!! who else would have thought of using the geo tag as a flame?! AWESOME!! and I love how you used the 3 typewrites to write your message!! LOVE it! oh..and the colors you use!

Jeri said...

Well that totally takes the cake (no pun intended) using that geo tag for the flame on the cupcake. Love that idea! Way to think outside the box, Cassandra! Your typewriter card is gorgeous, too.
thomasjeri55atyahoodotcom

Helen said...

Fabulous projects!!

hbisesi@comcast.net

mickeydee said...

I LOVE your cards! I love the typewriters lined up with the sentiments on them. The cupcake with the geo tag flame is so fun, but my fave is the ribbon for the frosting!
mickey pal 2 at msn dot com

Mimi said...

You are freakin awesome! Love, love, love!

cbarwick@comcast.net

jean said...

clever girl a candle top!!! really cool!!!

jean said...

love what u did with the ribbon , great idea!!!

Hawks Nest Hobbies said...

Oh- la- la is right! Simply adorable cards! Truly love how you came up with flame idea! Those little typewriters are darling!

Crafty hugs,
Debbie

crafthawk@centurylink.net

Christine Owens said...

Love the cupcake with the ribbon dimension. Nice use of the new die too. --C

Crafting Katie said...

Okay, your ribbon frosting is just the cutest thing EVER!!! And I love how the geotag looks as a frame!!! Super cute typewriter card too!!!

Gaylynn said...

OMG Cassandra, love your innovative ways to use the dies. The candle is perfect. Both are just as nice. :)

marylouh said...

I think there can't be any more uses for the geo tag and then somebody surprises me. Love the candle flame. txmlhl@yahoo.com

Barbara said...

I love how you turned the u r here die into a candle flame...thinking outside of the box...

Maureen Reiss said...

Soooo cute!! Love the ribbon frosting
reissfam10 at aol dot com

BJ said...

Very cute projects! Love the candle!
BJ
bjlinne@hotmail.com

Judy said...

Wonderful cards. Love the birthday candle on the 1st one and the trio of typewriters on the last one. TFS.

Alvina said...

I love both of your cards, thanks for sharing!

marg0006 said...

Amazing all the ways I've seen this die cut used. Great idea.

marg0006 at Verizon dot net

lisa malterud said...

wow how creative to use the geo tag as a flame on the cupcake. and what a sweet card : )

quilt4fun2 said...

Two very creative and clever cards. Great idea for your candle, flame and frosting! The gem and edge are so pretty. Also a clever idea to use the typewriters as you did and the flowers are so pretty with the red type. Fabulous job!
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

cvjac2009 said...

so creative with the geotag, great use of it for a candle.

CathyinMN said...

I really like both cards a lot! Love how you used the geo tag as the flame on the birthday candle. Your cupcake turned out fab!
cathyscreationstation at gmail dot com

Crafty Moni said...

Cute cards! You are one creative person, you always inspire me:) Thanks for sharing!

Peace, Love, & Creative Hugs!
Monica L.

moni023 at yahoo dot com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...