Thursday, March 6, 2014

My Creative Time ~ "Designer Challenge"

Hello everyone!  It's time for the next "Designer Challenge" over at My Creative Time.  And this time we have made it a Monochromatic Color Challenge.  The guidelines for this challenge:  Make a project of your choice using different shades of just one color.  (You can use a different color as your base or background - white, black, kraft; just make sure your focal point displays your monochromatic color choice). 


I made a couple of simple baby cards today.  Each one is 5.5 x 4.25.  


All of the solid colors of cardstock are from Paper Trey Ink.  The fun patterned papers are from the American Crafts ~ My Baby collection.  I used the Swiss Dots ~ Cuttlebug Folder to emboss the background.  All of the circles are cut with the MCT ~ Scallop & Stitched Circle Die.  The label is cut with the MCT ~ Vintage Stitched Label Dies.  And the sentiment is from the MCT ~ Vintage Sentiments.  The ink is Jet Black ~ Ranger Archival Ink.  And on either side of the sentiment are Doodlebug Design ~ Sprinkles.


This card is pretty much the same just a tad different.  The black and white cardstock are from Paper Trey Ink. The fun patterned papers are from the American Crafts ~ My Baby collection. The squares are cut with the MCT ~ Square Stitched Goody Dies.  And once again the label and sentiment are the same as above.


Well my creative friends, that's it for me today.  Make sure you head on over to My Creative Time to see what the rest of the Design Team has created.  And I hope to see you all join our challenge.  You will have 2 weeks to link up your entry.  Have a great day everyone!!!

14 comments :

Joan Smith said...

Super cute ideas I am totally in awe of how little product you used and got such a huge look. Love the papers and colors on both and love how you embossed just everything is totally awesome. Sure love what you used of Miss Emma's and how you used it. You are really talented.

Cathryn said...

Very pretty Cassandra. Great job with the challenge :)

snappy scrappy said...

Love them, a modern twist on a baby card...LOVE! Lee-Ann :)

Crafting Katie said...

What awesome baby cards, Cassandra! I love how just one little circle or square is baby paper and the rest is fun patterns. Super cute idea!

bumblebee creations said...

Gorgeous cards, and love the challenge!! I noticed after checking out some of the other entries from the last challenge, that I entered mine too late!! Goal: to be on time for this one!! : )

Kigz said...

I adore that crumpled banner look! You chose AWESOME papers to use for a simple card with lots of character. I was laughing at myself as I ga-gaed over the stitched circle die--I realized that it isn't new, and I have it! :D

liz at liz's paper loft said...

cassandra, your monochromatic cards are so cute!

Glora said...

What adorable baby cards. They turned out perfect. I love your use of squares or circles for the mail element. Those paper pads are so nice for getting beautifully coordinating papers in different patterns. I LOVE these! Great challenge too! Hugs- Glora

Kristi Poling said...

I love how these are cute and simple.
Kristi
kidshomelove at yahoo.com
foundtimeforme.blogspot.com

quilt4fun2 said...

Great papers for your baby cards. I like the embossing and enamel dots. I happen to have 2 baby cards (one of each twins) to make also. Fun challenge and great job!
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

jessica said...

Such awesome cards Cassandra! I love the papers you used and the monochromatic colors.
Super job with the challenge :)

Kim H said...

Cassandra ~ What a FUN challenge you have come up with! Okay your cards are seriously PERFECT and BEAUTIFUL! I LOVE the simplicity of these... just shows with monochromatic colors, the write products, the PERFECT papers and YOU! LOVE these ideas and TOTALYL lifting them!!!

Cindy said...

OMG Cassandra, I LOVE this challenge and your cards are FANTASTIC my sweet friend!!! LOVE them both :)

Stacey's Creative Corner said...

These are so sweet!! I love the embossing that you did and those patterns are so fun!! Hugs!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...