Thursday, February 6, 2014

My Creative Time ~ CHALLENGE

Hello everyone!  It's time for another My Creative Time Challenge.  The guidelines for this challenge:  Create any project of your choice - using 8 different MCT Products.  Wowzers...you know how much I love to mix and match Emma's products...so this one was a piece of cake for me!!!   ;)


My daddy's birthday is the day before Valentine's Day.  So I decided to dress up this fun little frame for him.  My sister and I have a date with the Fab Five over in California next week.  So I plan to put those pictures in here since we will be wearing some cute black/red/white outfits.  Can't wait!!!  ;)   The main patterned paper in the background that is red with little white hearts is from the Authentique ~ Smitten collection.  All of the other patterned papers are from the My Mind's Eye ~ Cupid's Arrow collection.  The solid white and solid black cardstock are from Paper Trey Ink.


At the top of the frame, I added this cute little bow cut with the MCT ~ Fun Size Scallop Stitched Bow Die. In the center of the bow, is a tiny heart cut with the smallest heart die in the MCT ~ Stitched Sweetheart XOXO Dies.  Then, I added a label and stamped the "I love you" sentiment with the MCT ~ Chocolate Greetings.  I also added another little heart and a little flower from my LSS.  Off to the right, I used the MCT ~ Scalloped Stitched Rosette Die.  Instead of making the full rosette, I only cut it one time and then just left it folded like a fan.  I used the little circle from the MCT ~ Build A Banner Kit.  And then added another little heart and flower.


In the bottom left corner, I used the heart die from the MCT ~ 100% Sweetness.  Then I cut out "dad" using the MCT ~ Lowercase Fun Dies.  I added another label using MCT ~ Chocolate Greetings and the "Happy Valentine's Day" sentiment is from the MCT ~ Puffy Hearts Just For You.


Well my creative friends, that's it for me today.  Make sure you head on over to My Creative Time to see what the rest of the Design Team has created.  And I hope you get a chance to play along...I can't wait to see what you all make!!!


13 comments :

Joan Smith said...

WOW your frame turned out amazing and how fun it is too what a great gift this is. I love what you used and how you chose to use it along with awesome paper choices too.
You definitely had lots of Creative fun. Your dad is so going to love his birthday present!

Cindy said...

BEAUTIFUL job with your frame Cassandra, your dad will LOVE it!!! BIG HUGS my sweet friend!!! :)

sweetpeaemmalou said...

This is fabulous! Great work!

Crafting Katie said...

Awesome frame! I love all of the embellishments! You'll have to share pics of it with the pics inside. :-)

jessica said...

What a gorgeous frame you decorated Cassandra! I love the colors matched up with the black frame and all the embellishing you did with Emma's stamps and dies!
Your dad is going to love this!!!! Hope you will share this with the pics in it too :)
Awesome job!!!

snappy scrappy said...

Gorgeous frame Cassandra...post it with pics later...love to see!!

Glora said...

HE is going to love this. Your Disney pics are going to look FABULOUS in here! It will be the perfect birthday present! Hugs- Glora

quilt4fun2 said...

Have fun on your trip and taking the pictures to go into this beautiful frame. Your Dad will love it! Super job!
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

candio said...

Beautiful job on the frame ~ love how it turned out!!

Cathryn said...

Very lovely Cassandra, your father will LOVE it! :)

Crafty Moni said...

Love the frame, and so will your dad:) The paper is fabulous, and I love all the MCT products you used. What a fun challenge, use a lot of MCT products, sign me up to play lol.

Peace, Love, & Creative Hugs!
Monica L

Kim H said...

Cassandra ~ UGH I ADORE this fame!! OMG!! Look at all the details with all the MCT products! I have to say I LOVE how the "dad" turned out! Okay I have to confess ~ I have had a frame like this FOREVER and have yet to use ~ surprised?? LOL! I need to copy this idea ~ BEAUTIFULLY done!

liz at liz's paper loft said...

wow cassandra, this is really cute, I'm sure he's gonna love it! love the partial use of the rosette!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...