Thursday, January 30, 2014

My Creative Time ~ "Thrifty Thursday"

Hello everyone!  It's time for another "Thrifty Thursday" with My Creative Time.  For those of you who may be new to this, it's when we make a project using our scraps, anything laying around on our craft tables, or stuff we already have on hand (i.e. - no new products).


Ever need just a simple wedding card?  Nothing fancy at all for the couple who just doesn't like that sorta thing. Well, here you go!  Super simple.  :)


The white card base and the kraft cardstock are from Paper Trey Ink.  The sweet and simple sentiment is from the MCT ~ Many Greetings.  I heat embossed it with Versamark ~ Watermark Ink & White ~ Stampendous Embossing Powder.  The cardstock for the hearts are from Recollections.  I cut the hearts with the MCT ~ Stitched Sweetheart & XOXO Dies and adhered them with pop dots for dimension.


This of course is my favorite thing ever...the MCT ~ Embossed Gift Card Holder.  All of the cardstock are from Paper Trey Ink.  I cut the hearts with the MCT ~ 100% Sweetness.  The sentiment is from the MCT ~ Vintage Sentiments.  I embossed it with Versamark ~ Watermark Ink & White ~ Stampendous Embossing Powder.  At the bottom, I added a bow with some of The Twinery ~ Flax Twine.  And I added a couple of little flowers from my LSS.  If you look closely, you can see that I also embossed the gift card holder with the CB ~ Swiss Dots Embossing Folder.  


Well that's it for me.  Make sure you head on over to My Creative Time to see what the rest of the Design Team has created.  I will see you all again soon.  Have a great day!

17 comments :

jessica said...

CAS and so beautiful Cassandra!
LOVE this!!!!!
Awesome job :)

Joan Smith said...

WOW Cassandra WOW!! I am truly amazed with what you used how awesome your card and gift card turned out. Gosh I'm so in love with this look and the simplicity of it all. I definitely will be doing this. You are just so creative and talented and I love what you did with Miss Emma's goodies. Thanks girl always for what you do and how you do it. You made my day!!

Crafting Katie said...

I love these, Cassandra! Simply spectacular!!!

snappy scrappy said...

These are both gorgeous!!! Love the Kraft and white!!

Rhonda Emery said...

so pretty. hugs

candio said...

Love the simplicity of your cards Cassandra!!

Sherrie K. said...

Oh wow, you always make everything seem so simple and easy! I love your card and gift card holder...I definitely need to make a few-I have about 8 weddings so far this summer! TFS! Awesome inspiration as always!
Sherrie K

Gaylynn said...

These are gorgeous in the kraft and white. Simply beautiful and they really stand out nicely Cassandra. :)

quilt4fun2 said...

Both projects are so sweet and adorable. I like the design of the cards and the white embossing. Super job!
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

Glora said...

So perfect. The kraft with the white and cream! Beautiful combo. These are AWESOME! Hugs- Glora

mickeydee said...

Love the kraft and white together. I'm going to give that a try!

sweetpeaemmalou said...

Very pretty!

TERIBERI2 said...

LOVE these two projects! Great combo of white/cream and kraft! Hugs, T

Cindy said...

Both of your cards are GORGEOUS Cassandra,BEAUTIFUL job as always my sweet friend!!! :)

Cathryn said...

Beautiful Cassandra. The white and craft look lovely together! :)

liz at liz's paper loft said...

these are great cassandra! sometimes I find it hard to create when the person receiving it isn't the foofoo type, but you did a FANTASTIC job! :)

Crafty Moni said...

Love your super simple wedding cards! I tell you, I need to make more simple projects and cards for my stash lol:) Love the color combo you used. Thanks for sharing.

Peace, Love, & Creative Hugs!
Monica L.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...