Sunday, January 19, 2014

My Creative Time ~ "Scrapping the Little Things"

Hello everyone!  We're back with another "Scrapping the Little Things" with My Creative Time.  This is the day when we make Smash Book, Project Life, or any other kind of scrapbook layout to hopefully inspire you to get some scrapping done.

For those of you who may not know, I'm a little bit of a Disney nut.  And back in October, my sister and I had our most fun Disney Day EVER!!!!  So I thought I would get back to scrapping and make a book with all of our fun pictures.  So to start, I decorated the front page of a Simple Stories ~ 6x8 SN@P Binder.


Since it's Halloween, I got the book with the orange binding.  Then I added the fun polka dot paper to the background from the Simple Stories ~ Handmade Holiday collection.  To hide the seam, I added the fun green ~ ric rac.  


To decorate the border along the side, I used the little stitched circle die from the MCT ~ Build A Banner Kit. The cute purple paper with the bats is from the Doodlebug Design ~ Haunted Manor collection.  The black glittery cardstock is from the DCWV ~ Spookytime stack.  The "It's a" & "Magical" sentiments are from the MCT ~ It's A Magical Season.  I cut the label with the MCT ~ Curly Label Die & MCT ~ Stitched Curly Label Die.  The solid colors of cardstock are from Paper Trey Ink.  The fun little ghosties are cut with the MCT ~ Stitched Spooky Ghost Dies.  I put them on pop dots for some fun dimension.


For the "Halloween Time" title, I used the MCT ~ Lowercase Fun Dies.  Perfect for scrapbooking!!!!!  Off to the right, you can see the cute little spider dangling from the "n" - he is from the MCT ~ Treats For My Sweet. I used some black ~ ric rac to frame the photo.  On the right side of the photo, I used the MCT ~ Stitched Tab Die and the MCT ~ Type Calendar for "October".


In 3 corners of the photo, I added some orange ~ sequins with little white ~ pearls in the center.  And then I finished it off with a fun bow and of course a cute googlie eye.  If you look closely, you can also see that I use Mod Podge to give the cover some good protection.


Well my creative friends, that's it for me today.  Make sure you head on over to My Creative Time to see what the rest of the Design Team has created.  And let me know if you like this and I will be sure to show you more fun layouts as I get them all done.  :)   Have a great day everyone!  I will see you all again soon.

23 comments :

Joan Smith said...

OMG Cassandra your album cover is amazing you did a funtastic creative job for sure. I love the pic of you and your sis too. I so love how you used all of Miss Emma's goodies along with your cool embellishments.
I so hope you share the whole album along the way. You are such a cutie patootie and girl you are so clever, creative and ever so talented. I'm a passionate scrapper and I soooo love what you did and how you did it.

Charity Chamberlain said...

Wow! You sure put a lot of MCT goodies to wonderful use! I love this! Emma has fantastic products and your design shows all the many spectacular ways they can be used! I am a Disney Fan myself and you just gave me some awesome ideas for all my gazillion Disney pictures :) Thanks so much for sharing this with us!

Kim's Kreations said...

Awesome! Love all the wonderful details. Bet you had lots of fun.
The pictures don't lie. ogdendoll@gmail.com

snappy scrappy said...

Gorgeous LO Cassandra. You can do no wrong when you pull out a fab Disney pic. ps...I'm a Disney nut too!!
Lee-Ann :)

Amy said...

Wow!!! Such a GREAT use of a TON of Emma's products!! I love how you created the front cover of this book!! Such a great idea~ thanks for the inspiration!!
Amy

Crafting Katie said...

How fun is this??? I love how you decorated your book! So stinkin' cute, and what a great keepsake! All of your details are fabulous!!!

candio said...

Awesome book cover! Love it! Inspires me to get ALL my Disney pics into books!!

jessica said...

This is super AWESOME Cassandra! I LOVE how you decorated the cover and all the GREAT details, stamps and dies you used! Awesome job!!!

mickeydee said...

Super cute!!! You just gotta love that Mickey pumpkin, it sets the tone for the book. I love the dies you used,
diann

Crafty Moni said...

Loved your Snap album cover! I so have to do something like this for all my Disneyland trip pictures:) Loved all the Halloween MCT products you used:) Did you use Mod Podge only on the background paper? or also on the letters?

Peace, Love, & Circut Hugs!
Monica L.

moni023 at yahoo dot com

Cindy said...

Your album cover is FANTASTIC Cassandra, BEAUTIFUL job with!!! I LOVE everything about it, Have a great day my friend!!!!BIG HUGS

quilt4fun2 said...

Oh My! Judging by the cover...this is going to be a fun and pretty book. They eye on the bow is so fun. The tab and title look super...the whole thing is fabulous!
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

Stacey's Creative Corner said...

This is so fabulous!!! I keep looking at it over and over again! I can't wait to see the pages that go inside the album, if they are like the cover, they are going to be fantastic!!!

Stacey--DT sister

liz at liz's paper loft said...

love, love, love your layout!!!! I just told candace that disney makes everything better...just like bacon! I really mean that! lol!

Gaylynn said...

This project really stands out. Your picture is wonderful and the decorations are so perfect with it, I think.

Brenda said...

Oh this album cover is too cute and way to fun!! I love all the MCT product that you used, so perfect!!!

VICTORIA said...

Cassandra this is awesome I love what you did with the binder. Awesome layout and I like that you used mod podge to the background great details loved it all :)

Carol said...

I'm in awe of what you do! Love this...and I'm not a scrapbooker. Your attention to detail blows me away and it's like a contest to see how many different MCT products you get on a design. And, then there's the use of color...TFS!
XOXOX & Blessings,
Carol
hrhcva@gmail.com

Vickie Lee said...

Oh my - what a perfect cover. Would love to see your inside pages.

Maureen Reiss said...

Really Awesome LO!!

Sherrie K. said...

What a FABULOUS layout!
I love the fun papers and awesome embellishments!! Great pictures:) Cassandra, this is awesome!!!
Happy Monday!

Sherrie K

Kim H said...

Cassandra ~ well you know I LOVE this layout! Not only because of where you are at but who you are with! Nothing like sisterly LOVE! I LOVE when you too are there because we always get to see the perfect pictures and see both of your BEAUTIFUL faces! <3 ya!

Anonymous said...

Love your layout! And I would love to see more, as I have hundreds of Disney pictures left to scrap. Your layout is an inspiration as to what I can do with ribbon, buttons, letters and even stamps. Have never used Mod Podge, but maybe I'll have to try it. Thanks again.
Sylvia in Phoenix

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...