Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy New Year & Super GREAT News!!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!!  I hope you all had a great night.  Well, I have some really GREAT NEWS to start off 2014 . . . I'M STILL ON THE MY CREATIVE TIME DESIGN TEAM!!!  Wahoo!!!  I'm so excited!  Emma is seriously the BEST and I am so thrilled and honored that I get to continue on with her.  

So to start off the new year, I thought I would share with you three of my Crafty ~ New Year's Resolutions. The first one is to "get published"!  I haven't yet ventured in that direction and I figured it's about time I gave it a shot.  The second is to devote specific time every week to practicing and improving my Copic coloring techniques.  And third...to get more organized in my craft room.  Ok, I know some of you who know how OCD I am are laughing at that one, but I really do need to purge and reorganize!!!  ;)  

So to get started on the organization part, I made this fun Birthday Organizer and I made it using 10 different MCT Products!!  Can you guess which ones?  ;)


I cut this fun little holder with my Cameo and a file from the Silhouette Online Store.  The black cardstock is from Bazzill.  And the polka dot cardstock is from the Die Cuts With A View ~ Forever & Always Stack.  The patterned papers for the balloons are from the Creative Imaginations ~ Simple Sentiments : Brights collection. And all of the solid colors of cardstock are from Paper Trey Ink.

Ok, here is the list of MCT Products that I used for this project:



I cut all of the "month" cards using kraft cardstock.  Then I adhered the tabs to the center of each card and stamped the months of the year using my favorite Ranger Archival Ink rainbow colors: Vermillion, Monarch Orange, Saffron, Emerald Green, Manganese Blue and Deep Purple.  Then for a bit more fun, I stamped the months on the front of the cards using Jet Black Ink.



For the birthday cards, I used all of the colors of the rainbow...so bright and cheery!!!  Then I adhered the little stitched circles to the tops of the cards in one of 5 positions across the top.  I did not do all the days for each month, only the days I needed for the birthdays in my life.  You can't see it in any of the pictures, but on each colored card is an address label on which I typed out the name and address of my friend or family member.  Now of course you could go all out and add a lot more embellies, but I just wanted to keep this super simple.


Well that's it for me today.  Let's all hop on over to My Creative Time to meet the rest of Design Team. Have a great day everyone!  I will see you all again soon.  HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!!

26 comments :

My Creative Time said...

LOVE this Miss Cassandra! Welcome back & I am looking forward to working w/you in 2014!
Big HUGs,
Emma:)

Glora said...

WHAT an amazing project! You always use Emma's products beautifully! I'm SO happy that you are staying on with her! Congratulations my super sweet friend! I'm gonna miss working with you on these two teams. My heart is breaking a little but I know we will keep in touch! Love ya! Hugs- Glora

L.B. said...

So happy for your new year with MCT. Love all your fun projects and this organizer is just awesome

snappy scrappy said...

Too cute!Love this idea! So happy to be on this DT with you!!!

Stacey's Creative Corner said...

This is adorable! I love how bright and cherry it is! I'm really looking forward to working with you on the MCT DT!

jessica said...

I just LOVE LOVE LOVE this project Cassandra!!! Awesome job!!
Congrats on another year with MCT and I am so excited to be designing with you!
Happy New Year!!!!

Joan Smith said...

WOOOT WOOOT Congrats on being chosen to continue on Miss Emma's DT I'm excited about this 4 shore!!!!!
I love your organizational idea and wowzers you sure used tons of Miss Emma's goodies. I love it allot and will have to give this one a try.
Can't wait to see all of your projects with the DT for 2014.
Happy New Year!!!!

TERIBERI2 said...

Your project is AWESOME!!! Congrats on another year with MCT. I look forward to working with you on the 2014 MCT DT!! Hugs, T

Kim's Kreations said...

Glad to see your back for MCY 2014. I always love your use of color. Your birthday file is so creative and a great step to organizing. ogdendoll@gmail.com

mickeydee said...

Congratulations! I love your birthday calendar! I can't wait to see more of your creations........Dianne
mickeydee

Mimi said...

Love that you are staying on the team! I love everything you create! Congratulations!

Crafting Katie said...

This is just the cutest, most colorful project ever! How fun to have on your desk! I'm so excited to be on the team with you again, Cassandra!

Melissa said...

Yay! Great goals too- :)

Nancy said...

Great project. Do you know what file you used from Silhouette Store? Beautiful. Nancy

Kristi Poling said...

Congrats, love these bold colors and this idea.
Kristi

TheTulipCollector said...

What a great idea. So creative! I spy 15 peaking out in March LOL!!!! Congrats on your place on the team. Between crafting and football...will we ever be on the same side of the ball??? Have a creative 2014 and beyond my friend.

Lucía Ardón said...

Congratulations!
It's a lovely Birthday Organizer!!! I'm looking forward to working with you for MCT!

Donna and Sara said...

Congratulations Cassandra! I have so enjoyed all of your creations and look forward to many more.

Sherrie K. said...

GREAT project and congrats to you on staying on MCT team! Wahoo~can't wait to see all your creations for 2014!!
Adorable project:) the fun organizer is adorable and LOVE all the MCT stamps and dies you used!!
Happy New Year!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Kigz said...

What a wonderful idea! Oh, and CONGRATS!!!! I am super-duper excited that you are on the DT again! High-five! :) Now, back to that "organization" thing...yeah, me too!

Christine Owens said...

Yippeee! So glad you're on Miss Emma's DT team again. I just love your projects.
Yes, one of my resolutions is to re-organize my craft room. The hubs calls it my 'black hole' but really, I know where everything is. It's just so much...I like your purge idea, I can pass on dupes of stuff to a few of my local crafty friends...share the love. :-)

Taylor said...

Waaaay AWESOME!!! You made the 2014 MCT DT...I cannot wait to see all of the FAB PROJECTS you share with us. Also, I LOOOVE your birthday organizer box and hope to be able to come up with something similar. I have a LARGE family and ths way I will be sure never to forget anyone. Thank you AGAIN for the inspiration. CONGRATULATIONS!!! Taylor:)

Kim H said...

Cassandra ~ CINGRATS sweet friend! You know how I adore you and your funny sense of humor! Even if we aren't on the same team ever again ~ we will always be on the same team ~ sorry stalker syndrome~ LOL! Anyhoo LOVE your project ~ like always! Plus you know when you asked to guess which products you used I started! LOL! Have a great day ~ CONGRATS again!

VICTORIA said...

I love this Cassandra :)

quilt4fun2 said...

This is a great idea. Love the colors and how well the MCT products come in handy for this. Great job!
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

Crafty Moni said...

Super cute, and creative idea! I love it! Thanks for sharing:)


Peace, Love, & Cricut Hugs!
Monica L.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...