Tuesday, September 24, 2013

My Creative Time ~ "Inspire Me Tuesday"

Hello everyone!  It's time for another "Inspire Me Tueday" with My Creative Time.  For those of you who are new to this, it's when we make a project from some kind of inspiration.  It could be a color combo, tv show, a view from your window, something in a magazine, anything at all.

I made this card for an online blogging buddy.  Let's see if you can guess the inspiration:


That's right...my inspiration was the movie "What About Bob?"  Many of you know that I'm a psychotherapist. And "Baby Steps" is one of my favorite phrases at work.  :)  The card base is made with Paper Trey Ink ~ Kraft Cardstock.


The "just a little note" sentiment is from the MCT ~ Just A Little Note To Say.  I stamped the "from" with the alphabet stamps in the MCT ~ Just Simply Live.  And the "gil" is cut with the MCT ~ Lowercase Fun Dies.


I cut the little jar with the MCT ~ Stitched Chunky Jar Dies.  I cut it twice - once with acetate and the other with a piece that I colored with Copic ~ Sketch Markers to look like water.  I cut the cute little goldfish with my Cameo and a file from the Silhouette Online Store.  The face is from the PKS ~ June 2013 : Kit of the Month. The word bubble is cut with the MCT ~ Stitched Round Speech Bubbles.  And the "BABY STEPS" is stamped with the alphabet stamps in the MCT ~ Just Simply Live.  I put everything on pop dots for dimension.  And I added a bow with The Twinery ~ Marigold Twine.  In the center, I added a little flower gem and a tiny pearl from my stash.

That's it for me today.  Make sure you head on over to My Creative Time to see what the rest of the Design Team has created.  I will see you all again soon.  Have a great day everyone!





13 comments :

Joan Smith said...

OMG your card is so..so...so stinkin' ca-ute!!
I'm not familiar with the movie but love it just the same. You have the best sense of humor in the world.

Taylor said...

I LOVE this card!!! Just LOVE it!!
Hugz:) Taylor

Christine Owens said...

lol yes I remember the movie. But you also prob had a patient in mind when you were making this card too. Super cute! --C

Crafting Katie said...

Okay, this is just the cutest card ever! Love, love, love!!!

snappy scrappy said...

Too darn cute!!

Sherrie K. said...

So ADORABLE Cassandra! I love the fun jar and little goldfish-that face just makes me smile! SO cute!
Sherrie K

jessica said...

This is so super adorable!!! LOVE that fishy and the sentiment is awesome!!
Such a fun card Cassandra!
Thanks for sharing and have a GREAT day!

Cindy Lovell said...

This is adorable,Cassandra! So cute! I love the cute fish and how you did the sentiment!!

Creative M said...

This fishy is just TOO cute!!!
Please stop by my blog for the Trendy Twine Giveaway!
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia
♥ Crafting With Creative M ♥
♥ 2 Creative Chicks Challenges ♥

Cindy said...

Your card is ADORABLE Cassandra, SUPER job!!!:)

Kim H said...

Cassandra ~ BAHAHAHAHAHA!!! OMG this is sooo dang CUTE and so dang CLEVER!!! Well along with this card I LOVED that movie too and I can totally see why you loved that movie!! Cracking up over here!!

Kim H said...

Just had to stop by to see this AGAIN! I was cracking up even when I went to bed last night!! I LOVE it!

quilt4fun2 said...

Sweet job on your card. I like the little gems you use for bows. The Peachy Face is perfect!
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...