Thursday, August 22, 2013

Peachy Keen Stamps ~ Challenge. #13-34 : Just Cards - Sympathy

Hello everyone! It's time for the Peachy Keen Stamps ~ Challenge #13-34 : Just Cards - Sympathy.  The guidelines for this challenge: Create a card using a Sympathy theme.

Now you all know that Peachy Keen Stamps has some of the cutest stamps ever, but they also have some very beautiful and thoughtful stamps as well.


All of the cardstock are from Paper Trey Ink.  For the background, I embossed it with the Swiss Dots ~ Cuttlebug Embossing Folder.


These beautiful shapes are cut with the MCT ~ XL Label Die & the MCT ~ Stitched XL Lable Die.  The flowers are from the PKS ~ Say It With Flowers.  I stamped them with Tuxedo Black ~ Memento Ink and colored them in the Copic ~ Sketch Markers.  The label is cut with the MCT ~ Vintage Stitched Label Dies.  The sentiment is from the PKS ~ Howling Puppy.


I wanted to show you how I did something a little different this time.  I used the MCT ~ XL Label Die to cut the shape out of the front of the card.  Then, I actually adhered the other piece to the inside of the card using pop dots.  That way, it pops out through the front when you close the card.  Pretty cool huh?


Well that's it for me today.  Make sure you head on over to the Peachy Keen Stamps ~ Challenge Blog to see what the rest of the Design Team has created.  I hope you enter the challenge this week!!  I can't wait to see what you all make!!  Have a great day!  I will see you all again soon.

7 comments :

jessica said...

What a sweet card Cassandra! Love the CAS design....GREAT stamped image and the sentiment is perfect!
Thanks for sharing and have a GREAT Friday!

snappy scrappy said...

Beautiful!!

quilt4fun2 said...

Your card is so beautiful and clever idea with the cut out. I will have to try this one :D
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

Sherrie K. said...

Beautiful card! I love the cut out idea! TFS-will definitely have to try that!
Have a super wknd Cassandra!
Sherrie K

Brenda said...

oh wow!! great surprise!! didn't know it was cut out until I read it! great job and a must try! thanks

Kigz said...

So beautiful! Would you stop convincing me that I need that stitched label die already, lol! ;)

LADYLOVE said...

Great cards and layouts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...