Thursday, August 1, 2013

My Creative Time ~ "Thrifty Thursday"

Hello everyone!  This is my first of two posts today...wahoo!!!  It's time for another "Thrifty Thursday" with My Creative Time.  For those of you who may be new to this, it's when we make a project using our scraps or anything we have laying around our craft space.



I bet you will never guess what I used to make these cards!!!  You know those paint sample strips?  That's right . . . take a look:


I used the little arrow in the MCT ~ Stitched Round Tab, Arrow & Tag Dies and cut one out in each color shade and then added them to the cards.  Cool huh?


The white cardstock and black cardstock are from Recollections.  The arrows are cut out of the paint strip. The pink cardstock is from Paper Trey Ink.  I used the MCT ~ Scallop & Stitched Circle Dies to cut the two pieces on the right.  The sentiment is from the MCT ~ All Around Everything stamp set.  And the cute little baby carriage is from the MCT ~ We Are Family stamp set.  The inks are black ~ Ranger Archival Ink and Pale Tomato ~ Hero Arts Ink.  I put the stitched circle on pop dots for dimension.


For the background, I used the Polka Dots ~ Cuttlebug Embossing Folder to added some dimension.  The blue cardstock is from Paper Trey Ink.  And the ink for the cute little baby carriage on this one is Pool ~ Hero Arts Ink.



Well, that's it for me today.  I'm not sure I really like how they turned out, but sometimes it's really hard to use what you have...lol.  Make sure you head on over to My Creative Time to see what the rest of the Design Team has created.  Have a great day everyone!  And come back later this afternoon for Day 1 of Sneak Peeks for Peachy Keen Stamps.


12 comments :

Cindy said...

SUPER CUTE cards Cassandra, LOVE the way you used your scraps!!!!AWESOME my friend!:)

CherylB said...

I had to come in here just to see!!! I would never have thought that! You rock girl...I am def picking me up some paint sample strips. This is awesome!

Joan Smith said...

Talk about brilliant idea I think the definition in the dictionary read as follows:

Brilliant idea: Something a gal names Cassandra always has!!

Love what you used and how you used it girl you are so stinkin' talented!

snappy scrappy said...

That is the neatest idea...great look!!

Crafting Katie said...

I'm feeling the need to visit a paint store today! LOVE these, Cassandra! Brilliant!!!

Christine Owens said...

Great idea using the color strip samples. Love these cards. TFS --C

Cathryn said...

Perfect idea Cassandra!!! I LOVE what you did with the strips, very clever! Love and Hugs, Cathryn :)

Janice W. said...

Fabulous idea to use those paint strips that way! Love it!

Sherrie K. said...

Oh my gosh..is this ever brilliant! Very clever Cassandra..I love it!! Thanks for sharing!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

jessica said...

These are so awesome and I am totally scrap lifting the paint swatch idea...LOL! Awesome and super clever my friend!!
Thanks for sharing!!

Kim H said...

Cassandra ~ OOOMMMGGG! Seriously I was siting her thinking how did she get those shades so dang PERFECT! You are so stinking CLEVER! I am so stealing this idea! I LOVE it!!!! ADORABLE card and I LOVE those arrows on black!!!! Have a great evening!

quilt4fun2 said...

Awesome idea using the paint samples for the gradated colors. They show up so pretty on the black. If you are not sure you like them...I think they are super.
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...